Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highly recommend the David Johnson BlueMonday Interview podcast 15:03 - Apr 13 with 342 viewsunstableblue

itfcjoe put me onto it as well as the Marcus Stewart interview, on the back of the recent and frankly excellent Magilton and Holland interviews.

Marcus is still worth a listen, but he is a little more reserved and less insightful than the others.

But I would say David Johnson’s provides some of the best insights, he’s a sharp guy. It’s slightly more in depth and goes into his time with Man U, and importantly Bury, which is good juxtaposition with Ipswich, with Town at the time becoming a very well run club, and a huge step up for him. The interview is bookended with the bad luck that meant he didn’t make it in the Premiership with Town and his move/time at Forest.

For me the same themes are emerging from these four interviews:

- there is an ‘Ipswich Way’ and it is built on good on the floor or aggressive forward passing, and movement. Deep down Town fans demand it
- that wonderful period in Town history coincided with a very strong Championship making our success even more impressive
- Burley and Sheepshanks were constantly progressing the club, in terms of playing system and personnel
- it was a team of characters and leaders, but a squad of good quality
- the Magilton and Stewart signings were the catalyst
- the Bolton semi second leg is the stuff of legends
- Richard Naylor was a far more influential player than many realise
-

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024