Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news on Dobra 12:27 - Apr 14 with 3297 viewsSomethingBlue

Bumped into someone close to that situation a little while back who suggested it wasn't exactly leaning in Town's favour. Plenty of interested parties around who fancied giving him a try if Town wouldn't. Suspect that, assuming he does indeed sign, we'll see a lot more of him when football starts again. The thought of him and Lankester both going at opposition defences is a (vanishingly rare, I admit) bright spot to look forward to.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good news on Dobra on 12:34 - Apr 14 with 3225 viewsitfcjoe

When it was all going on, I heard they were only £400 a week apart in negotiations, and he wanted low 4 figures a week whilst we were offering mid-high 3 figures so wasn't going to take much to get it done.

Glad it has been, as would have been a silly amount to lose a talent over, £20k a year.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good news on Dobra on 12:38 - Apr 14 with 3203 viewsSomethingBlue

Good news on Dobra on 12:34 - Apr 14 by itfcjoe

When it was all going on, I heard they were only £400 a week apart in negotiations, and he wanted low 4 figures a week whilst we were offering mid-high 3 figures so wasn't going to take much to get it done.

Glad it has been, as would have been a silly amount to lose a talent over, £20k a year.

That would have been criminal (and not uncharacteristic!). I was given the impression that first-team football was a very big factor in any decision too because others were (/are still) hovering. Town must have convinced them sufficiently. Think it's time for him now.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good news on Dobra on 12:43 - Apr 14 with 3198 viewsPhilTWTD

Agree, there was some distance between the parties and there would have been a big decision for the club to make in the summer. But from what I gather Dobs is happy at the club and knows he'll get a chance to play here in the immediate future which he probably wouldn't get at Brighton or wherever.
Good news on Dobra on 12:45 - Apr 14 with 3168 viewsPhilTWTD

Good news on Dobra on 12:38 - Apr 14 by SomethingBlue

That would have been criminal (and not uncharacteristic!). I was given the impression that first-team football was a very big factor in any decision too because others were (/are still) hovering. Town must have convinced them sufficiently. Think it's time for him now.

I certainly think if he had played more regularly in more recent months then a deal would have been done more quickly.
Good news on Dobra on 13:16 - Apr 14 with 3061 viewsfactual_blue

Good news on Dobra on 12:43 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

Agree, there was some distance between the parties and there would have been a big decision for the club to make in the summer. But from what I gather Dobs is happy at the club and knows he'll get a chance to play here in the immediate future which he probably wouldn't get at Brighton or wherever.

Well, there does have to be at least two metres between the parties at the present time.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good news on Dobra on 15:36 - Apr 14 with 2867 viewsMullet

You would think when all this is over, we are going to see major shrinkage of the squad and a reliance on Lankester and Dobra et al. Whether that is a good thing in terms of league position vs. excitement and sentimentality who knows, but I can't see someone like Rowe who has just been in the wrong place too many times in terms of fitness here staying or being a regular.

You'd think with Edwards, Nydam, Kenlock and KVY available we'd find enough balance at least to help give the exciting talent like Dobra a chance to flourish. I wonder if this might finally be the time when a handful of graduates actually connect and form an important part of the squad and we avoid bringing many in.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good news on Dobra on 15:57 - Apr 14 with 2828 viewsgordon

Good news on Dobra on 15:36 - Apr 14 by Mullet

You would think when all this is over, we are going to see major shrinkage of the squad and a reliance on Lankester and Dobra et al. Whether that is a good thing in terms of league position vs. excitement and sentimentality who knows, but I can't see someone like Rowe who has just been in the wrong place too many times in terms of fitness here staying or being a regular.

You'd think with Edwards, Nydam, Kenlock and KVY available we'd find enough balance at least to help give the exciting talent like Dobra a chance to flourish. I wonder if this might finally be the time when a handful of graduates actually connect and form an important part of the squad and we avoid bringing many in.

Will never happen for various reasons, but imagine line-up like this - we'd concede bucketloads of goals from corners, but there'd be some nice moments going forward!

Holy

Vincent-Young Woolfenden Whoever Nydam

Downes Dozzell

Dobra Bishop Lankester

Jackson
Good news on Dobra on 16:01 - Apr 14 with 2818 viewstractorboy1978

Good news on Dobra on 15:36 - Apr 14 by Mullet

I really hope Nydam comes back the player we all hoped we would see when he broke through. He's only played once for us (as a sub) since the final day of the 2017/18 season.

I can't see who is going to leave personally (outside of those we don't want to lose i.e Woolfy and Downes). It's going to be difficult to shift a few - I suspect the likes of Judge, Nolan, Huws, Sears, Donacien are probably all on decent money and not likely to get better contracts elsewhere for example (not saying it'd necessarily want to lose all those).
Login to get fewer ads

Good news on Dobra on 16:02 - Apr 14 with 2814 viewstractorboy1978

Good news on Dobra on 15:57 - Apr 14 by gordon

Will never happen for various reasons, but imagine line-up like this - we'd concede bucketloads of goals from corners, but there'd be some nice moments going forward!

Holy

Downes Dozzell

Dobra Bishop Lankester

Jackson

I think El-Mizouni will be next season's big player for us. I can see Dozzell going.
Good news on Dobra on 18:06 - Apr 14 with 2664 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The thought of Dobra/El Mizouni/Lankester as a 3 in behind a central striker.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Good news on Dobra on 19:00 - Apr 14 with 2611 viewsHullblue

Holy

Downes Dozzell

Dobra Bishop Lankester

Jackson

That central midfield is beautiful. Suspect Downes will go in the next transfer window though, unfortunately. It already looked likely before this whole situation happened, and now I can imagine Evans will be even keener to balance the books.

Dozzell, Skuse and Bishop still isn’t bad though!

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Good news on Dobra on 19:21 - Apr 14 with 2575 viewsMullet

Good news on Dobra on 16:01 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

I really hope Nydam comes back the player we all hoped we would see when he broke through. He's only played once for us (as a sub) since the final day of the 2017/18 season.

I can't see who is going to leave personally (outside of those we don't want to lose i.e Woolfy and Downes). It's going to be difficult to shift a few - I suspect the likes of Judge, Nolan, Huws, Sears, Donacien are probably all on decent money and not likely to get better contracts elsewhere for example (not saying it'd necessarily want to lose all those).

I think Mick could really see something in Nydam and the same as Dozzell, how much their injuries curtail their careers remains to be seen though. I thought El Miz would shine this season, but it looks like the next one is his to grab and possibly Simpson too?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good news on Dobra on 19:47 - Apr 14 with 2530 viewstractorboy1978

Good news on Dobra on 19:21 - Apr 14 by Mullet

I think Mick could really see something in Nydam and the same as Dozzell, how much their injuries curtail their careers remains to be seen though. I thought El Miz would shine this season, but it looks like the next one is his to grab and possibly Simpson too?

I think El Mizouni will be the star of next season. A Cambridge supporting mate said he looked far too good for L2 level and he's impressed me whenever I've seen him. He affects games and makes things happen.

Simpson looked very raw and naive in his appearances. I think he has a long way to go before he is ready to step up. EDIT - I could see Morris becoming more involved though with a good pre season behind him.

The thought of having Woolfy, Downes, Nydam, El Mizouni, Dozzell, Lankester, Bishop, Morris and Dobra next season is seriously exciting. Although I doubt we will keep hold of both of the first two. We may keep one if we are fortunate. I can also see Dozzell leaving.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 19:50]
Good news on Dobra on 20:02 - Apr 14 with 2502 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Holy

Downes Dozzell

Dobra Bishop Lankester

Jackson

That Hoover in defence looks a weak link, much rather see Dyson play.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Good news on Dobra on 20:23 - Apr 14 with 2463 viewsEwan_Oozami

Good news on Dobra on 20:02 - Apr 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

That George Henry bloke could a job there I reckon..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Good news on Dobra on 20:24 - Apr 14 with 2460 viewsEwan_Oozami

Good news on Dobra on 19:47 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

I think El Mizouni will be the star of next season. A Cambridge supporting mate said he looked far too good for L2 level and he's impressed me whenever I've seen him. He affects games and makes things happen.

Simpson looked very raw and naive in his appearances. I think he has a long way to go before he is ready to step up. EDIT - I could see Morris becoming more involved though with a good pre season behind him.

The thought of having Woolfy, Downes, Nydam, El Mizouni, Dozzell, Lankester, Bishop, Morris and Dobra next season is seriously exciting. Although I doubt we will keep hold of both of the first two. We may keep one if we are fortunate. I can also see Dozzell leaving.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 19:50]

El Mizouni at least looks as if he's got a bit of toughness which is what we're sorely lacking at the moment...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Good news on Dobra on 09:58 - Apr 22 with 2013 viewsmidastouch

Any developments at all with this does anybody know? It was reported just over a week ago that a potential deal was getting close. Would love to see this one get over the line. Hoping all is still well with it.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Good news on Dobra on 10:17 - Apr 22 with 1968 viewsRadlett_blue

Good news on Dobra on 09:58 - Apr 22 by midastouch

Any developments at all with this does anybody know? It was reported just over a week ago that a potential deal was getting close. Would love to see this one get over the line. Hoping all is still well with it.

You would think that other clubs are more interested in conserving cash right now than committing to a relatively untried youngster so that puts Town in a better negotiating position. We may also be saving cash so less inclined to give new contracts to ageing players & maybe we will rely more on our own.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Good news on Dobra on 10:47 - Apr 22 with 1900 viewsWeWereZombies

Good news on Dobra on 20:02 - Apr 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Don't like the idea of either of them to be honest, the last thing we need is a vacuum at the centre of our defence...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Good news on Dobra on 10:50 - Apr 22 with 1892 viewsfooters

Good news on Dobra on 10:47 - Apr 22 by WeWereZombies

Don't like the idea of either of them to be honest, the last thing we need is a vacuum at the centre of our defence...

Go back to playing a sweeper system?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good news on Dobra on 10:54 - Apr 22 with 1871 viewsmidastouch

Good news on Dobra on 10:50 - Apr 22 by footers

We need somebody hard as nails for sweeper, Mike Dyson would be my choice!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Good news on Dobra on 10:55 - Apr 22 with 1868 viewsWeWereZombies

Good news on Dobra on 10:50 - Apr 22 by footers

We need to find out if Bex Bissell is available on a Bosman...
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 10:56]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024