Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
31 years ago today 06:24 - Apr 15 with 2183 viewsbluelagos

Thousands of football fans went to see a game of football, 96 never came home.

http://ahillsboroughsurvivor.blogspot.com/2012/04/

RIP guys. We did our best, but the british "justice" system closed ranks and they got away with it. But thanks to the inquests the world knows exactly what they did. Sleep well.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

31 years ago today on 06:50 - Apr 15 with 2111 viewsBlueBadger

Also: Never buy the Sun.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

31 years ago today on 07:14 - Apr 15 with 2094 viewsbluelagos

31 years ago today on 06:50 - Apr 15 by BlueBadger

Also: Never buy the Sun.

Unless the bog rolls have run out :-)

Long, definitely not government approved walk for me today, clear me head and have some quiet time alone in a quiet spot.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

31 years ago today on 08:52 - Apr 15 with 1970 viewsFunge

31 years ago today on 07:14 - Apr 15 by bluelagos

Unless the bog rolls have run out :-)

Long, definitely not government approved walk for me today, clear me head and have some quiet time alone in a quiet spot.

Thoughts with you today BL.
31 years ago today on 08:56 - Apr 15 with 1953 viewsPJH

My thoughts are with all those that lost someone and all those like you that have that day in their memory for ever.
31 years ago today on 09:55 - Apr 15 with 1896 viewsITFC_Forever

My thoughts are with you today, as well as all the other survivors who live it every day, those who fell on the day and all the friends and families.

JFT96.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

31 years ago today on 13:39 - Apr 15 with 1695 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Thoughts are with you and everyone effected today.

JFT96. God Bless

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

31 years ago today on 14:36 - Apr 15 with 1644 viewsMercian

A secondary tragedy is that nearly a 1/3 of a century later as well as being a day of remembrance it is still an ongoing legal matter. I had just turned 18 and now I am nearly 50. Disgraceful.
31 years ago today on 15:38 - Apr 15 with 1595 viewsWeWereZombies

Just reread your blog, I think for the first time since you first posted it all those years ago. Still as powerful now as it was then - if anyone who has clicked on this thread has not read the blog I urge you to do so now, you will be educated by it.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

31 years ago today on 20:14 - Apr 15 with 1441 viewsTractorCam

Wow that is a powerful read, i'm so sorry you had to deal with all that. Glad justice finally got done, RIP 96.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

31 years ago today on 20:57 - Apr 15 with 1411 viewspointofblue

The blog is powerful but everyone should read it. Thank you for posting as the anniversary would have shamefully passed me by otherwise.

JFT96

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

31 years ago today on 06:41 - Apr 16 with 1302 viewsChurchman

Thank you for posting this. In 92 before the cup game at Anfield, paying my respects to the Hillsborough memorial along with many others what struck me was the age of the victims. From children to old people who just went to a football match. The full span and the law of chance that determined who lived and died. I thought of them, their families and those who witnessed it first hand. 1000s of people. And yet for years they were denied the truth. Did the authorities, politicians, journalists and whoever else involved on the evil side of this tragedy sleep easy? I’ve no doubt they did. But the truth is out there now.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 6:48]
31 years ago today on 07:49 - Apr 16 with 1275 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Thank you for sharing. That really was a powerful read.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

31 years ago today on 09:53 - Apr 16 with 1235 viewsLeaky

31 years ago today on 07:49 - Apr 16 by Terry_Nutkins

Thank you for sharing. That really was a powerful read.

Thank you for sharing a very moving read.
31 years ago today on 18:42 - Apr 16 with 1066 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil. Any chance you can publish this if Bluelagos consents (perhaps with a warning on upsetting content). I think it is outstanding. Found myself thinking about it long after reading it and it feels like an important read honestly. Didn't really think about other fans being impacted let alone one of pur own. I

I guess it's a quiet time for the site anyway and it's really well written piece.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

31 years ago today on 19:26 - Apr 16 with 1043 viewsPhilTWTD

31 years ago today on 18:42 - Apr 16 by Terry_Nutkins

Phil. Any chance you can publish this if Bluelagos consents (perhaps with a warning on upsetting content). I think it is outstanding. Found myself thinking about it long after reading it and it feels like an important read honestly. Didn't really think about other fans being impacted let alone one of pur own. I

I guess it's a quiet time for the site anyway and it's really well written piece.

Happy to do so if BlueLagos would like us to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024