Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Sutton proves that a stopped clock is right one right a day. 16:38 - Apr 15 with 657 viewsMercian

Chris Sutton:
"We are speculating at the moment, because no-one knows how long this lockdown is going to last.

Richard Bevan [chief executive of the League Managers' Association] says that for games to go ahead, players would have to be tested for coronavirus first. But as Bevan rightly pointed out, the priority for testing has to go to NHS workers and patients first.

Also, if Premier League games do go ahead without fans, which seems to be an idea that has snowballed and is going to happen, then there will still have to be doctors at games, and ambulances.

In two months' time, the deaths from coronavirus are not going to have stopped. They might have reduced, but how can the Premier League justify coming back and using health workers who are would otherwise be on the beat?

Even if the situation does settle down by then, those workers will still need a break if that is at all possible, mentally and physically. Yet because of the money in football, there is a clamour for it to return.

I think the right thing is to wait and see. With all industries and businesses, the urge is to get the economy back on track and going again, and of course I understand why it is the same with the Premier League - but you cannot put that ahead of people's lives, and you cannot give football special treatment either."
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 16:39]
Chris Sutton proves that a stopped clock is right one right a day. on 16:54 - Apr 15 with 583 viewsSwailsey

I like CS.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Chris Sutton proves that a stopped clock is right one right a day. on 17:52 - Apr 15 with 504 viewsfactual_blue

Chris Sutton proves that a stopped clock is right one right a day. on 16:54 - Apr 15 by Swailsey

I like CS.

CS - what a gas.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024