Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best comedies or funny shows to stream? 21:04 - Apr 16 with 2127 viewsmonytowbray

I'm True Crime documentary'ed out and Better Call Saul is too slow to be a distraction.

What would people suggest? Stuff I'm into - It's Always Sunny. Simpsons, South Park, The Office (UK), Alan Partridge, Rick & Morty, Bojack Horseman.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:14 - Apr 16 with 1726 viewsDarth_Koont

I like all of those,

So maybe worth giving the US Office a go. They followed the UK Office for the first episodes which will always compare badly. But then it goes its own way and is superb.

I'd suggest Curb Your Enthusiasm but if you need speed then that's not going to work.

Pronouns: He/Him

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:18 - Apr 16 with 1715 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brooklyn Nine Nine
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 21:18]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:18 - Apr 16 with 1711 viewsmonytowbray

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:14 - Apr 16 by Darth_Koont

I like all of those,

So maybe worth giving the US Office a go. They followed the UK Office for the first episodes which will always compare badly. But then it goes its own way and is superb.

I'd suggest Curb Your Enthusiasm but if you need speed then that's not going to work.

US Office I've never brought myself to watch. I know people who say it's great on its own merit too later on as well.

Where would you suggest starting? Or do you kinda need some of the back story in the early episodes? I assume I could start later as I'm told it feels like it was made for an audience with less attention span.

TWTD never forgets…

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:19 - Apr 16 with 1708 viewsmonytowbray

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:18 - Apr 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Already done. Enjoyable. If not partly funny on the fact it's also uniquely rubbish. Sort of reminds me of Two Pints Of Lager in that sense.

TWTD never forgets…

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:23 - Apr 16 with 1703 viewsTractorWood

Shame you've done Rick and Morty. Probably my favourite show ever. Only recently discovered it but absolutely love it. Must have seen every episode 5 times.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:30 - Apr 16 with 1697 viewsgainsboroughblue

After Life by Gervais was good. It's on Netflix and the second series is on there from next week (24th I think).

Fresh Meat I found entertaining for the first couple of series, then I found it repetitive and didn't hold my attention. Plus I found the ending pretty weak.

If you've never seen The Thick of It, I highly recommend you do.

Spaced is on All Four if you've never seen that. Simon Pegg, Mark Heap, Nick Frost etc.

Curb Your Enthusiasm has already been mentioned but no idea where to find a host stream for that. I've seen all of them bar the last/current series.

Green Wing

If you go on You Tube, you may enjoy Colin's Sandwich with Mel Smith. It's probably a bit dated now as Mel's character worked in the complaint departments at British Rail but it's subtle humour and a bit of a pre-cursor to the whole Peep Show thing with the internal monologues.

Also You Tube. Fist of Fun, The Day Today. There may even be some 'People Like Us' on there which for me, kicks a**e over the Office.

I may think of more.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 21:31]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:32 - Apr 16 with 1684 viewsMullet

I really enjoyed Atypical. It's quite light in places but not Big Bang Theory fluffy and has some serious bits mixed in too. But the way the main autistic character is scripted had me laughing lots, it's obviously done by people with experience of the challenges facing young autistic people and plays on it well enough to be funny without crossing a line.

Have you tried Disenchantment? It's Groening and quite whacky so might be right up your street too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:32 - Apr 16 with 1687 viewsLord_Lucan

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:14 - Apr 16 by Darth_Koont

I like all of those,

I'm re watching Curb for the third time. Currently on series 4 again

Can't beat a bit of Curb

Fraser comes close.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:40 - Apr 16 with 1655 viewsjeera

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:18 - Apr 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Brooklyn Nine Nine

I only discovered that recently and really liked the first few I watched.

Then it became tired very quickly but I persevered because the dark haired lass is quite pretty.

Then I saw her somewhere and noticed she's married so even that bit was ruined.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 21:45]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:01 - Apr 16 with 1629 viewsLevelTheLand

I would echo US Office. It's worth just sticking with the first few episodes, just to get an idea of who's who. But it does get really good. It does get worse towards the latter series, but still worth it.

I also love Arrested Development on Netflix.

This Country or The Detectorists, both available on iPlayer.

Garth Merenghi's Darkplace on More4.
Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:03 - Apr 16 with 1626 viewsEwan_Oozami

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:19 - Apr 16 by monytowbray

Already done. Enjoyable. If not partly funny on the fact it's also uniquely rubbish. Sort of reminds me of Two Pints Of Lager in that sense.

How about a Bit of Fry and Laurie?

Or anything by Jonathan Meades?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:06 - Apr 16 with 1619 viewsSWGF

I enjoyed Community. It's got Chevy Chase in it...and Ken Jeong, Donald Glover (Childish Thingy)

Is Seinfeld streamed anywhere? I could watch those over and over, and have.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 22:08]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:12 - Apr 16 with 1606 viewsLord_Lucan

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:06 - Apr 16 by SWGF

I enjoyed Community. It's got Chevy Chase in it...and Ken Jeong, Donald Glover (Childish Thingy)

Is Seinfeld streamed anywhere? I could watch those over and over, and have.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 22:08]

I've never watched a Seinfield but as a Curb fan I should give it a go.

I presume you've watched Curb?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:12 - Apr 16 with 1604 viewsmonytowbray

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:30 - Apr 16 by gainsboroughblue

After Life by Gervais was good. It's on Netflix and the second series is on there from next week (24th I think).

Fresh Meat I found entertaining for the first couple of series, then I found it repetitive and didn't hold my attention. Plus I found the ending pretty weak.

If you've never seen The Thick of It, I highly recommend you do.

Spaced is on All Four if you've never seen that. Simon Pegg, Mark Heap, Nick Frost etc.

Curb Your Enthusiasm has already been mentioned but no idea where to find a host stream for that. I've seen all of them bar the last/current series.

Green Wing

If you go on You Tube, you may enjoy Colin's Sandwich with Mel Smith. It's probably a bit dated now as Mel's character worked in the complaint departments at British Rail but it's subtle humour and a bit of a pre-cursor to the whole Peep Show thing with the internal monologues.

Also You Tube. Fist of Fun, The Day Today. There may even be some 'People Like Us' on there which for me, kicks a**e over the Office.

I may think of more.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 21:31]

Oh Brasseye and TDT could be a good rewatch at some point.

What's Green Wing? I've seen the name but no idea about it. What kind of humour is it?

TWTD never forgets…

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:12 - Apr 16 with 1604 viewsjeera

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 21:19 - Apr 16 by monytowbray

Bollox.

There's not a programme been made that's close to being as bad as 2 Pints.

I tried to watch one episode once and was embarrassed for the cast,

and the writers, and for myself for even trying.

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:13 - Apr 16 with 1601 viewsWeWereZombies

I've been watching the Comedy Shorts on the iPlayer, a mixed and uneven bag but each one is only five minutes or so and they are reasonably fast moving, a bit London-centric though.

Also just out on the iPlayer is a recording of last year's Kevin Bridges tour.

Another thumbs up for 'Arrested Development', there is a lot going on in that but it is a turn of the millennium setting so could be seen as dated already. Likewise for 'Six Feet Under', which moves more slowly and has a greater element of melodrama. And if you have never seen 'Shameless' now might be a good time to catch up - you can remember those distant times when lots of people lived in each other's pockets.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:15 - Apr 16 with 1599 viewsgainsboroughblue

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:12 - Apr 16 by monytowbray

Oh Brasseye and TDT could be a good rewatch at some point.

What's Green Wing? I've seen the name but no idea about it. What kind of humour is it?

Comedy set in a hospital. Most of the characters are quite eccentric to say the least. Just an idea of who is in it. Steven Mangan, Mark Heap, Tamsin Greig, Michelle Gomez, Sally Phillips. Cameos from Kevin Eldon and Steven Merchant.

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:17 - Apr 16 with 1584 viewsEnigma_Blue

If you like cringe comedy like The Office & Alan Partridge then you might quite like Lead Balloon with Jack Dee, it's not as good as those two shows but it is still quite funny.

Just remembered Stephen Merchant's Hello Ladies sitcom. Was only originally shown in the USA. Again not as good as the office but there are a good few moments of comedy genius as you might expect.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 22:32]
Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:21 - Apr 16 with 1572 viewsLankHenners

I Think You Should Leave on Netflix is a really good sketch comedy series which is certainly on the ‘alternative’ side. Only about 8 episodes each about 15 mins long so not much of a commitment to watch.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:22 - Apr 16 with 1564 viewsjeera

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:21 - Apr 16 by LankHenners

I Think You Should Leave on Netflix is a really good sketch comedy series which is certainly on the ‘alternative’ side. Only about 8 episodes each about 15 mins long so not much of a commitment to watch.

Is that some kind of subliminal message?

He's not been so bad lately.

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:26 - Apr 16 with 1553 viewsgainsboroughblue

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:17 - Apr 16 by Enigma_Blue

If you like cringe comedy like The Office & Alan Partridge then you might quite like Lead Balloon with Jack Dee, it's not as good as those two shows but it is still quite funny.

Just remembered Stephen Merchant's Hello Ladies sitcom. Was only originally shown in the USA. Again not as good as the office but there are a good few moments of comedy genius as you might expect.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 22:32]

Lead Balloon was blasted for trying to be a 'Curb' rip off. I thought it was quite a well written and watchable programme. A little formulaic but many sit-coms are.

Dee also done Bad Move with Kerri Godliman which is on Netflix, but that was spoiled by some dreadful casting.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 22:27]

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:32 - Apr 16 with 1537 viewsSWGF

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:12 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

I've never watched a Seinfield but as a Curb fan I should give it a go.

I presume you've watched Curb?

God yeah....just finished the latest series. Thought a couple of the ones in the middle were a bit weak but they're just so well thought through.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:35 - Apr 16 with 1526 viewsEnigma_Blue

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 22:26 - Apr 16 by gainsboroughblue

Lead Balloon was blasted for trying to be a 'Curb' rip off. I thought it was quite a well written and watchable programme. A little formulaic but many sit-coms are.

Dee also done Bad Move with Kerri Godliman which is on Netflix, but that was spoiled by some dreadful casting.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 22:27]

I have never actually watch Curb your Enthusiasm properly so I can't actually compare them. I have seen some clips of Curb on YouTube that didn't really tickle me.
Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 18:47 - Apr 17 with 1319 viewsDarth_Koont

Has anyone found a good stream of Big Train?

Something happens at least once a week where I think about one of those sketches:

1. The whole Big Train sequence with the cabinet minister
2. Simon Pegg watching the QA assessment of a surplus of chefs lowering the quality of the soup
3. Office w@nking

Then a host of others that pop in at different times.

Pronouns: He/Him

Best comedies or funny shows to stream? on 18:52 - Apr 17 with 1311 viewsAce_High1

Stephen Merchant's Hello Ladies was very good.

I enjoy watching the re-runs of Impractical Jokers on Comedy Central. Not only is most of it based in New York, the episodes are only 20 mins and I find them a little light relief to laugh at, at the end of a long day.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 18:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024