Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump’s plan to reopen America 21:48 - Apr 16 with 2345 viewsElderGrizzly

While it is probably wildly ambitious and a tad naive, seeing a plan laid out probably offers the country hope. So credit to him...

Something we should try to do within the next 3 weeks. Show a plan that is, not reopen!

[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 21:51]
Trump’s plan to reopen America on 21:53 - Apr 16 with 1917 viewsMattinLondon

What’s the point in having a plan if you can’t keep to it.
Trump’s plan to reopen America on 21:57 - Apr 16 with 1904 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 21:53 - Apr 16 by MattinLondon

Agree, but this plan doesn’t have dates on it, but shows a direction of travel.

I’ve no doubt he won’t keep to it, but showing a population what a phased reopening could look like would help.
Trump’s plan to reopen America on 22:07 - Apr 16 with 1879 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I think we’ve proved in this country that we can’t always listen to guidance so my hope is that we don’t start easing restrictions or giving false hopes as a large number will take that as freedom to do what they want and we’ll be back to square one

It’s got to be Full lockdown or lift it completely.
Trump’s plan to reopen America on 22:09 - Apr 16 with 1867 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 22:07 - Apr 16 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I think we’ve proved in this country that we can’t always listen to guidance so my hope is that we don’t start easing restrictions or giving false hopes as a large number will take that as freedom to do what they want and we’ll be back to square one

It’s got to be Full lockdown or lift it completely.

It will never be full or lift it completely.

A full lifting will be 12-18 months away
Trump’s plan to reopen America on 22:10 - Apr 16 with 1865 viewsLord_Lucan

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 21:57 - Apr 16 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, but this plan doesn’t have dates on it, but shows a direction of travel.

I’ve no doubt he won’t keep to it, but showing a population what a phased reopening could look like would help.

I understand we have something similar in the background - a traffic light system.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 22:23 - Apr 16 with 1833 viewsITFC_Forever

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 21:53 - Apr 16 by MattinLondon

Ask Marcus Evans.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 22:37 - Apr 16 with 1796 viewsGirthyguy

I used to think trump was OK. Talked a lot of cr@p still does tbh. But as long as we do the opposite of what that berks doing right now I will be happy.
Trump’s plan to reopen America on 22:40 - Apr 16 with 1785 viewsIllinoisblue

Just found out today our kids aren’t going back to school until September. Which is a pain in the ass but at least we know where stand. State still remains on “safer at home” directive until May 26th

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 23:42 - Apr 16 with 1699 viewsOldsmoker

Trump likes to think he's clever - the smartest president ever.
He's not, not by a long chalk.
He's laying the ground so that when certain states say they won't open because it's obvious to everyone it isn't wise to do so, then he will say that the Governor is bad and should be voted out next time around. These allegations will only be thrown at Democratic Governors.
Any "plan" will suddenly be changed by Trump - more than likely in the same press conference - and he will blame the original plan on someone else or say that was never the plan even though he said it was.
BoJo had an epihany when he caught the virus and the NHS rescued him.
Maybe Trump needs to catch the virus and then he might (1% chance) have a bit of empathy for others.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 00:41 - Apr 17 with 1643 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 22:37 - Apr 16 by Girthyguy

I used to think trump was OK. Talked a lot of cr@p still does tbh. But as long as we do the opposite of what that berks doing right now I will be happy.

How on earth did you think he was OK at any point? He's always been a seedy, lying con man.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 00:44 - Apr 17 with 1637 viewsjeera

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 00:41 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

How on earth did you think he was OK at any point? He's always been a seedy, lying con man.

I was a bit stumped by that too, but at least he's seen the light.

How Trump still has supporters is just something quite beyond my understanding.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:00 - Apr 17 with 1606 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 00:44 - Apr 17 by jeera

I was a bit stumped by that too, but at least he's seen the light.

How Trump still has supporters is just something quite beyond my understanding.

Most likely because they're every bit as seedy, hateful and insecure as their God Tangerine.

It's like looking in the mirror for most of those cretins.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:01 - Apr 17 with 1609 viewsmonytowbray

Is it just me or is it totally gross he seems more interested in the economy than the health of people?

I think even our lot, who I personally never even expected to have souls, even if early on they may have went in a bit to economy friendly without saying it outright, appear to at least see they need to put health first or there will be riots.

But Trump, honestly all Trump gives a sh1t about still is money, his self preservation, his ego, his inability to take blame or not be completely in charge as THE BOSS, and getting re elected. And that’s all he ever will be. He has no soul. Never did.

People say Boris is the UK’s Trump, but this has made me realise our version of Trump would be Tim Martin being Prime Minister.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:04 - Apr 17 with 1600 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:01 - Apr 17 by monytowbray

Is it just me or is it totally gross he seems more interested in the economy than the health of people?

I think even our lot, who I personally never even expected to have souls, even if early on they may have went in a bit to economy friendly without saying it outright, appear to at least see they need to put health first or there will be riots.

But Trump, honestly all Trump gives a sh1t about still is money, his self preservation, his ego, his inability to take blame or not be completely in charge as THE BOSS, and getting re elected. And that’s all he ever will be. He has no soul. Never did.

People say Boris is the UK’s Trump, but this has made me realise our version of Trump would be Tim Martin being Prime Minister.

Don't worry, it's not just you. The other half of America can't wait to wake up from this disgusting nightmare either.

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:16 - Apr 17 with 1585 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:01 - Apr 17 by monytowbray

Even Raab managed to come across as human during the press conference earlier. I was quite impressed.

As for Trump, aren't we all hoping he retains the presidency? Of course he's an absolute c unit and shouldn't be anywhere near the white house but his only chance of retaining is if things look a hell of a lot better in 6 months or so...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:19 - Apr 17 with 1583 viewsmonytowbray

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:04 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

Don't worry, it's not just you. The other half of America can't wait to wake up from this disgusting nightmare either.

I just worry about the place in general, the stuff my daughter has seen and been around in a poorer part of South Carolina worries me. And she doesn’t bat an eye lid.

Part of me really sympathises for them but sometimes you just cross a barrier of stupidity where you just think HOW ARE YOU STILL BUYING THIS? EVEN THE MOST RIGHT WING OF EVERY OTHER COUNTRY KNOWS TRUMP’S A CROOK IN FAIRLY LARGE NUMBERS.

Stuff just happens there that shouldn’t happen in a country that rich.

We have homeless people but they take being abandoned by the state to the next level. Downtown LA was an eye opening and slightly nerve wracking experience for me, and then that made me think “perhaps this is why they like to carry guns?” as not every US gun nut is an IRA loving school shooting apologist. Some genuinely are just like “guns are cool and they’re fun and handy if sh1t goes really bad” but then it’s a self fulfilling prophecy so the cycle continues and MERICA.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 1:26]

TWTD never forgets…

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:21 - Apr 17 with 1577 viewsmonytowbray

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:16 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

Even Raab managed to come across as human during the press conference earlier. I was quite impressed.

As for Trump, aren't we all hoping he retains the presidency? Of course he's an absolute c unit and shouldn't be anywhere near the white house but his only chance of retaining is if things look a hell of a lot better in 6 months or so...

I agree. And Raab is a walking soundboard of “things utter bsatards say”.

TWTD never forgets…

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:25 - Apr 17 with 1574 viewsmonytowbray

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:16 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

Trump is already hassling democrat governors and yesterday Trump supporters in Michigan did a “Stay Home” protest where they all went out and gathered and got close together.

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

I’m so happy my daughter isn’t stupid and sees through it all. I’d be mortified if she liked Trump.

TWTD never forgets…

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:49 - Apr 17 with 1557 viewsjeera

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:19 - Apr 17 by monytowbray

I just worry about the place in general, the stuff my daughter has seen and been around in a poorer part of South Carolina worries me. And she doesn’t bat an eye lid.

Part of me really sympathises for them but sometimes you just cross a barrier of stupidity where you just think HOW ARE YOU STILL BUYING THIS? EVEN THE MOST RIGHT WING OF EVERY OTHER COUNTRY KNOWS TRUMP’S A CROOK IN FAIRLY LARGE NUMBERS.

Stuff just happens there that shouldn’t happen in a country that rich.

We have homeless people but they take being abandoned by the state to the next level. Downtown LA was an eye opening and slightly nerve wracking experience for me, and then that made me think “perhaps this is why they like to carry guns?” as not every US gun nut is an IRA loving school shooting apologist. Some genuinely are just like “guns are cool and they’re fun and handy if sh1t goes really bad” but then it’s a self fulfilling prophecy so the cycle continues and MERICA.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 1:26]

"We have homeless people but they take being abandoned by the state to the next level."

That is also something we do very well here.

There is no compassion from local councils when it comes to people in that situation. It's all about keeping the figures straight.

No reflection on the States who also treat their own like scum. And India. And maybe other places whose approach I'm not so familiar with.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 02:10 - Apr 17 with 1546 viewsIllinoisblue

I’ve seen a few right wing nut jobs on fb and Twitter boasting about how many guns and ammo they’re buying. Going to shoot that commie virus right back to where it came from presumably.

There are millions of morons here.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 02:54 - Apr 17 with 1522 viewsmonytowbray

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:49 - Apr 17 by jeera

"We have homeless people but they take being abandoned by the state to the next level."

That is also something we do very well here.

There is no compassion from local councils when it comes to people in that situation. It's all about keeping the figures straight.

No reflection on the States who also treat their own like scum. And India. And maybe other places whose approach I'm not so familiar with.

Oh I’m not for a second defending our situation, we’re sh1te too but in America it just felt like another level.

TWTD never forgets…

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 04:31 - Apr 17 with 1464 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 02:54 - Apr 17 by monytowbray

Oh I’m not for a second defending our situation, we’re sh1te too but in America it just felt like another level.

Definitely. You're shìt, but we're shìtter.

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 06:53 - Apr 17 with 1391 viewsCoastalblue

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 01:25 - Apr 17 by monytowbray

Trump is already hassling democrat governors and yesterday Trump supporters in Michigan did a “Stay Home” protest where they all went out and gathered and got close together.

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

I’m so happy my daughter isn’t stupid and sees through it all. I’d be mortified if she liked Trump.

You forgot to mention the obvious importance of taking an assault rifle to the protest.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 07:13 - Apr 17 with 1362 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 00:41 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

Trump contradicting himself again...

Trump’s plan to reopen America on 07:30 - Apr 17 with 1330 viewsChurchman

When I was in Colorado in January, I chatted with a number of Americans about Trump (or should I say they chatted to me). It was a ski area so they were relatively rich ones so were Republicans without exception. Their view on Trump ranged from liking his kick-ass, America first approach to ‘anything but the alternative’. What struck me was that virtually none of those I spoke to and had any interest in politics viewed Trump for the dangerous nightmare I and most sane people think he is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024