Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? 16:47 - Apr 17 with 4016 viewsrgp1

Anybody have any ideas what levels of taxation will be

Say income tax 25 to 30 percent

Vat 25 percent

Any thoughts?
Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 16:48 - Apr 17 with 1715 viewssparks

No idea- but its going up...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 16:51 - Apr 17 with 1697 viewslongtimefan

I predict they’ll given NHS workers a 5% pay rise and then put 2p on the basic rate tax!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 16:54]
The reaction to the inevitable increase is..... on 16:54 - Apr 17 with 1695 viewsBloots

….going to be hilarious to watch.

The vast majority of people screaming for money, whether it's to fund national services or simply so that they can swig Stella and smoke Lambert & Butler, will certainly not be prepared to pay for it in any way whatsoever.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 16:55]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The reaction to the inevitable increase is..... on 17:02 - Apr 17 with 1671 viewsfactual_blue

The reaction to the inevitable increase is..... on 16:54 - Apr 17 by Bloots

The vast majority of people screaming for money, whether it's to fund national services or simply so that they can swig Stella and smoke Lambert & Butler, will certainly not be prepared to pay for it in any way whatsoever.

does jrm really swig Stella?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The reaction to the inevitable increase is..... on 17:08 - Apr 17 with 1666 viewsBlueBadger

The reaction to the inevitable increase is..... on 16:54 - Apr 17 by Bloots

I'll be looking forward to seeing the Board Tories justifying it after spending most of the back end of last year telling us that tax rises would Ruin The Country.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The reaction to the inevitable increase is..... on 17:10 - Apr 17 with 1654 viewsfactual_blue

The reaction to the inevitable increase is..... on 17:08 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

I'll be looking forward to seeing the Board Tories justifying it after spending most of the back end of last year telling us that tax rises would Ruin The Country.

#magicmoneytree

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:12 - Apr 17 with 1653 viewsrgp1

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 16:51 - Apr 17 by longtimefan

I predict they’ll given NHS workers a 5% pay rise and then put 2p on the basic rate tax!

I'll go with that. I think no one will argue regarding a pay rise for NHS workers. If we get only a 2 percent rise in income tax then most will be relieved. I do however think it will be higher.
Not gonna get political, not now, but.... on 17:13 - Apr 17 with 1651 viewsBloots

The reaction to the inevitable increase is..... on 17:08 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

….whether it's the "right wing" or the "loony left", human nature is to scream and scream and scream (until you are sick) about a lack of money, but always expect someone else to donate it.

Blah, blah, blah.

Now wash your hands.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out. (n/t) on 17:15 - Apr 17 with 1649 viewsBlueBadger

Not gonna get political, not now, but.... on 17:13 - Apr 17 by Bloots

….whether it's the "right wing" or the "loony left", human nature is to scream and scream and scream (until you are sick) about a lack of money, but always expect someone else to donate it.

Blah, blah, blah.

Now wash your hands.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:17 - Apr 17 with 1641 viewsBlueBadger

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 16:51 - Apr 17 by longtimefan

Oh, bless you.

Exactly. (n/t) on 17:17 - Apr 17 with 1639 viewsBloots

Lambert out. (n/t) on 17:15 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:18 - Apr 17 with 1639 viewsBlueBadger

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:12 - Apr 17 by rgp1

I'll go with that. I think no one will argue regarding a pay rise for NHS workers. If we get only a 2 percent rise in income tax then most will be relieved. I do however think it will be higher.

Basic and middle will be hit both by direct and indirect taxation.

The 'wealth creators' struggling to get by on £80+ grand a year will be excused because they are 'getting the economy going again'.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 17:18]

Exactly. (n/t) on 17:20 - Apr 17 with 1630 viewsBlueBadger

Exactly. (n/t) on 17:17 - Apr 17 by Bloots

I think that's Evans potentially giving our Worst Ever Manager another season is the most scary consequence of all of this.

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:23 - Apr 17 with 1617 viewsmonytowbray

Close tax haven loopholes. Demand the money back if they want to continue to trade in the UK. Rises in corporation tax.

If these companies want billions in bailouts AGAIN they can pay for it.

Also the banks owe us still for 12 years ago.

We can make that happen, for once the sh1tmunchers know our worth in society.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 17:24]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:24 - Apr 17 with 1622 viewsBasuco

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:17 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

Oh, bless you.

But then raise parking charges for staff and raise the rent for on site rooms by 10% to claw as much back as possible. Am I being cynical or remembering what happened in the past when Mrs Basuco was a nurse at Black Notley.
Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:25 - Apr 17 with 1614 viewsmonytowbray

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:18 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

Basic and middle will be hit both by direct and indirect taxation.

The 'wealth creators' struggling to get by on £80+ grand a year will be excused because they are 'getting the economy going again'.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 17:18]

Or “using the fact they are employers as leverage to line their own pockets” as I like to call it.

Ain’t capitalism grand?

TWTD never forgets…

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:26 - Apr 17 with 1612 viewsr2d2

#labourbumfestpost
Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:27 - Apr 17 with 1609 viewsParisBlue

Scrap HS2 now we've proven remote working can reduce need to travel.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:27 - Apr 17 with 1606 viewsmonytowbray

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:26 - Apr 17 by r2d2

#labourbumfestpost

You are the snake in my avatar and I collect my £200.

That or you live near a large village green and stopped using spaces before full stops so we don’t suss it out so fast ;)

TWTD never forgets…

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:31 - Apr 17 with 1596 viewsmonytowbray

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:27 - Apr 17 by ParisBlue

Scrap HS2 now we've proven remote working can reduce need to travel.

Was just on a client call where we were saying I can see a lot of progressive businesses with no need for a physical location scaling back to remote working with a shared collab space with hot desks and meeting rooms.

Good for overheads, good for the environment, good for staff MH, business carries on almost completely as normal and we can stick it to those Landlords who refuse to get real jobs and leech off the basic need for a roof.

We can change so many things for the better, let’s not f*ck this up Britain. Your boss probably sucks and needs to be told they’re out of touch via old fashioned corporate ideas anyway.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 17:32]

TWTD never forgets…

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:34 - Apr 17 with 1576 viewsBlueBadger

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:24 - Apr 17 by Basuco

But then raise parking charges for staff and raise the rent for on site rooms by 10% to claw as much back as possible. Am I being cynical or remembering what happened in the past when Mrs Basuco was a nurse at Black Notley.

And it'll be a staged rise, with some kind of 'regional/local weighting' bullsh1t thrown in as well.

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:55 - Apr 17 with 1528 viewslongtimefan

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:12 - Apr 17 by rgp1

Not sure you’re getting my cynicism! A 2p increase represents a 10% tax hike!
Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 18:26 - Apr 17 with 1464 viewssparks

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:26 - Apr 17 by r2d2

#labourbumfestpost

In what way?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 18:39 - Apr 17 with 1445 viewsbluefunk

They will pick from these among others, especially those which aren’t immediately apparent at the time of announcement. If there is a basic rate increase, it’ll be trailed as “to pay for the NHS” in some way

Limit pension tax relief to basic rate (raises billions but nobody notices at first)
Raise NI contributions for the Self employed (trailed that)
Transaction tax on all financial transactions ( not a new idea but nobody would care as its on someone else - it isn’t really but hey ho)
Cease the “triple lock” increases in state pensions (the old have to pay for all this, not just the young)
Limit increases in personal allowances
Raise “environmental” taxes (a very wide field)
Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 18:40 - Apr 17 with 1440 viewsBasuco

Inevitable tax rises after this is over ? on 17:34 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

And it'll be a staged rise, with some kind of 'regional/local weighting' bullsh1t thrown in as well.

and this will be after MP's were given £10,000 to cover working at home on top of the £26,000 they already get for setting up an office at home.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024