Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I feel that some good news is needed. 19:47 - Apr 17 with 2194 viewsNewcyBlue

There was a thread that descended into my mental anguish about the trials and tribulations of IVF.

We’ve had our third round of IVF. During the second round, a frozen transfer, I was at sea. The subsequent miscarriage happened whilst I was going across the ocean. I had a commentary of said miscarriage over WhatsApp.

MrsN is now 12 weeks pregnant. We have told Seb today. When his Mum called him to say goodnight he said “I’ve got some news for you, I’m going to be a brother”.

I had already told the ex wife, not long before admittedly.

Anyway, Seb is excited, MrsN is suffering the usually pregnancy symptoms, plus the extra anxiety of miscarriages, being a midwife she has an in-depth knowledge of what can go wrong, and what has gone wrong with the previous attempts.

So, stressful. But, I am just putting my big boy pants on and carrying on. MrsN wants something, she gets it, I’m doing my dad stuff with Seb and keeping him active physically, and mentally with some schoolwork, and I am doing everything I can to prepare for what’s ahead.

We disagree on baby names. But otherwise MrsN is a wonderful step mother to Seb, and she’s going to be a wonderful mother to ours.

MrsN over analyses what happens. She’s previously said about the last IVF attempts “if only I had spoke up and said I wanted this way”... it just so happens to be the way that it went this time. We went in with the attitude of “we are paying, MrsN is a midwife and knows what she’s talking about, we want it this way”.

It worked. One of them is showing a bit smaller than other. Which is worrying MrsN. She’s convinced she will lose one. I, however, am going with the mindless optimism approach of everything is going to be alright. She’s been checking the measurements, checked the placentas at scans, she has been analysing from every angle.

Twins. This is going to be fun.

MrsN’s mother has said it must come from my side of the family. We haven’t told her about the IVF.

Whatever any of you are going through right now, there is always hope. If anyone needs an ear to vent to, or whatever.

I’m here.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:51 - Apr 17 with 2140 viewsm14_blue

Wonderful news!

Congratulations Newcy.
I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:54 - Apr 17 with 2129 viewsEwan_Oozami

Congrats NB!

I know it sounds glib, but at the moment, this lockdown is probably for the best for you, Seb and Mrs NB - I guess the last thing you'd want is to be away during the next few months and I'm sure all of us are wishing for the best of outcomes!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Great news, genuinely. Good luck matey x (n/t) on 19:55 - Apr 17 with 2119 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:55 - Apr 17 with 2121 viewsfactual_blue

Chuffed for you. Hope all goes well. Covid and Corona as names?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:57 - Apr 17 with 2114 viewsNewcyBlue

I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:54 - Apr 17 by Ewan_Oozami

Congrats NB!

I know it sounds glib, but at the moment, this lockdown is probably for the best for you, Seb and Mrs NB - I guess the last thing you'd want is to be away during the next few months and I'm sure all of us are wishing for the best of outcomes!!

Oh, on that note the company are planning on getting me to Malaysia to join ship around 13th May. Until 15th September.

I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:57 - Apr 17 with 2106 viewsGuthrum

Hope all goes smoothly this time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:57 - Apr 17 with 2106 viewsEdwardStone

Congrats Cap'n Newcy

Fingers firmly X d for the very best outcome
I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:58 - Apr 17 with 2100 viewsjeera

Congratulations!

An exciting time for you all.

Best wishes all round.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:03 - Apr 17 with 2088 viewsEwan_Oozami

I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:57 - Apr 17 by NewcyBlue

Oh, on that note the company are planning on getting me to Malaysia to join ship around 13th May. Until 15th September.

Blimey! That's a hard world you work in, NB, for sure!

I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:06 - Apr 17 with 2083 viewsbrogansnose

I'm sure you've both been through the mill with the IVF and sincerest congratulations to you both.
I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:12 - Apr 17 with 2081 viewsNewcyBlue

I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:03 - Apr 17 by Ewan_Oozami

Blimey! That's a hard world you work in, NB, for sure!

Heading from Malaysia up to do a Chinese coast, back to Malaysia and Singapore, and then across to West Africa for fun with Nigerian pirates.

Should be a quiet trip... can’t foresee possible issues!

I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:20 - Apr 17 with 2060 viewsEwan_Oozami

I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:12 - Apr 17 by NewcyBlue

Heading from Malaysia up to do a Chinese coast, back to Malaysia and Singapore, and then across to West Africa for fun with Nigerian pirates.

Should be a quiet trip... can’t foresee possible issues!

Actually, next time I go out to clap, I'll be clapping for the worldwide Merchant Navy people like yourself for sure!

I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:22 - Apr 17 with 2053 viewscatch74

Great stuff Newcy.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:40 - Apr 17 with 2026 viewsNewcyBlue

I feel that some good news is needed. on 20:20 - Apr 17 by Ewan_Oozami

Actually, next time I go out to clap, I'll be clapping for the worldwide Merchant Navy people like yourself for sure!

The NHS deserve the applause. All of the NHS. Not just the doctors and nurses, but the midwives, porters, HCAs, and cleaners. Clerks and and catering.

They deserve so much more than we can give them.

I feel that some good news is needed. on 21:13 - Apr 17 with 1993 viewsgainsboroughblue

That's cheered me. Great news. Let's hope the good news keeps coming.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I feel that some good news is needed. on 21:14 - Apr 17 with 1992 viewshomer_123

Fingers crossed bud.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I feel that some good news is needed. on 21:19 - Apr 17 with 1975 viewsGlasgowBlue

Really pleased for the three of you Newcy.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 21:19]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I feel that some good news is needed. on 22:44 - Apr 17 with 1933 viewsFixed_It

Best wishes to you and yours, Newcy.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I feel that some good news is needed. on 23:08 - Apr 17 with 1919 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

I feel that some good news is needed. on 19:57 - Apr 17 by NewcyBlue

Good luck mate. I know Companies are struggling to find places that will allow crew changes it’s a real problem right now as you can imagine.

I’m sure those lovely people you work for will look after you!
I feel that some good news is needed. on 23:08 - Apr 17 with 1917 viewsBluefish

Made up for you pal. It is a mad world but is beautiful overall. We just don't celebrate the beautiful parts well enough

P.s. lambert out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I feel that some good news is needed. on 23:16 - Apr 17 with 1904 viewsSpruceMoose

Good news for a good dude. Congratulations sailor x

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024