Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Email when you get a PM 20:14 - Apr 17 with 2096 viewsPJH

Does the email notification that you used to get if someone has sent you a PM no longer happen please?

Reason I ask is because I sent someone a PM eight days ago and it is still unread so I was getting concerned but if they have not logged in in that time and have not had an email notification that could explain it being unread.

I have been trading messages with someone else this evening but as yet I have not had an email from 'support' telling me that I have a message.

I was getting concerned about the person to whom I have sent the as yet unread message but it could just be that they do not know that they have a message.
Email when you get a PM on 20:16 - Apr 17 with 1779 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve not had emails recently.

I sent Bluebell a PM 8 days ago, it remains unread. Hope you’re well if you’re reading this!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Email when you get a PM on 20:19 - Apr 17 with 1767 viewsPJH

Email when you get a PM on 20:16 - Apr 17 by NewcyBlue

I’ve not had emails recently.

I sent Bluebell a PM 8 days ago, it remains unread. Hope you’re well if you’re reading this!

No, I sent Bluebell a message 8 days ago and it remains unread-it was she that I was concerned about.

I am fine thanks Newcy, hope you and family are too.

I may send Bluebell a text instead then.

edit-or maybe Bluebell is ignoring us both.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 20:19]
Email when you get a PM on 20:22 - Apr 17 with 1745 viewshoppy

I've just checked my inbox, and I can't see any new messages in there, so I wouldn't know...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Email when you get a PM on 20:31 - Apr 17 with 1732 viewsNewcyBlue

Email when you get a PM on 20:19 - Apr 17 by PJH

No, I sent Bluebell a message 8 days ago and it remains unread-it was she that I was concerned about.

Odd that we both sent her a PM 8 days ago.

If you send her a text give her my regards please mate.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next match Seb and I can get down to mate.

Email when you get a PM on 20:51 - Apr 17 with 1710 viewsmidastouch

Sorry to state the obvious but have you checked your spam or bulk folder just in case?
Scams are on the increase (see here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52319093 ) so some of the main email services like Gmail and Yahoo are being extra stringent on adding anything they are not quite sure about to the bulk / spam email folders.
I wouldn't of thought TWTD would of been anything for the Gmail Gestapo to be worried about but sometimes things that shouldn't get placed in the bulk / spam folders do end up in there.
It might not be that but worth just checking in case.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 20:52]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Email when you get a PM on 21:23 - Apr 17 with 1667 viewsPJH

Email when you get a PM on 20:51 - Apr 17 by midastouch

Sorry to state the obvious but have you checked your spam or bulk folder just in case?
Scams are on the increase (see here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52319093 ) so some of the main email services like Gmail and Yahoo are being extra stringent on adding anything they are not quite sure about to the bulk / spam email folders.
I wouldn't of thought TWTD would of been anything for the Gmail Gestapo to be worried about but sometimes things that shouldn't get placed in the bulk / spam folders do end up in there.

Yes thanks, in fact I just found an "interesting" email in my spam-nothing to do with TWTD though.

My original request was basically because I sent someone a message 8 days ago and it is still shown as unread but if there is no longer a notification that you have got a message they may not be aware that they have got a message from me (and others)
Email when you get a PM on 21:25 - Apr 17 with 1666 viewsPJH

Email when you get a PM on 20:31 - Apr 17 by NewcyBlue

Odd that we both sent her a PM 8 days ago.

If you send her a text give her my regards please mate.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next match Seb and I can get down to mate.

Yes, mine sent 1252 on 9th.

I will certainly mention you if/when I text her.

Will be nice to see you and Seb again someday, somewhere.
Email when you get a PM on 21:35 - Apr 17 with 1644 viewsPhilTWTD

Working for me and mine isn't set up and differently from anyone else's.
Login to get fewer ads

Email when you get a PM on 21:40 - Apr 17 with 1636 viewsPJH

Email when you get a PM on 21:35 - Apr 17 by PhilTWTD

Thanks Phil but it is strange.

As you will see I sent a message 8 days ago but it is unread.

As I also said I have had a series of messages with someone this evening including three or four incoming ones but I have not yet had an email from support to say that I have messages.

I am concerned about the unread message-as you will also see Newcy has sent a message to same person and his is also unread.
Email when you get a PM on 23:02 - Apr 17 with 1557 viewsBluefish

I only get PMs from Phil and I do my best to ignore them

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Email when you get a PM on 00:12 - Apr 18 with 1519 viewsRyorry

Email when you get a PM on 20:19 - Apr 17 by PJH

I've ssent both you and Newcy a PM so you can check.

Have also been a bit concerned at not seeing Bluebell on here for a while.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Email when you get a PM on 00:22 - Apr 18 with 1513 viewsPhilTWTD

Email when you get a PM on 21:25 - Apr 17 by PJH

Yes, mine sent 1252 on 9th.

I will certainly mention you if/when I text her.

Will be nice to see you and Seb again someday, somewhere.

I can see she's not been on the site for a couple of weeks.
Email when you get a PM on 08:04 - Apr 18 with 1440 viewsBluebell

Hi everyone. Thanks for your concern.

I have now replied to the PMs.

I occasionally read on here but don’t always log on unless I want to say something. My emails from this forum go to another email address which I don’t check very often. Sorry.

Stay safe everyone and roll on the time that we can all go to the football again.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 8:05]
Email when you get a PM on 08:09 - Apr 18 with 1426 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Email when you get a PM on 08:04 - Apr 18 by Bluebell

I occasionally read on here but don’t always log on unless I want to say something. My emails from this forum go to another email address which I don’t check very often. Sorry.

Stay safe everyone and roll on the time that we can all go to the football again.

Admit it....you've been shacked up with Oldsmoker!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Email when you get a PM on 08:39 - Apr 18 with 1403 viewsNewcyBlue

Email when you get a PM on 20:51 - Apr 17 by midastouch

This is what has happened for me.

Good thinking batman.

Email when you get a PM on 08:51 - Apr 18 with 1384 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Email when you get a PM on 08:51 - Apr 18 with 1386 viewsWeWereZombies

Email when you get a PM on 21:35 - Apr 17 by PhilTWTD

I was sent a couple of PMs yesterday evening and they were received - but in the junk folder, rather than as regular mail - I will mark them not junk.

And I am watching the ads I am getting like a hawk but have so far failed to notice a single gambling one. So you were completely right it seems.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Email when you get a PM on 08:58 - Apr 18 with 1374 viewsPJH

Email when you get a PM on 08:51 - Apr 18 by WeWereZombies

I was sent a couple of PMs yesterday evening and they were received - but in the junk folder, rather than as regular mail - I will mark them not junk.

And I am watching the ads I am getting like a hawk but have so far failed to notice a single gambling one. So you were completely right it seems.

Despite receiving numerous PM's yesterday and today I am not getting email notification from support-not even in my junk box of my emails.

Does not matter too much in my case because I am frequently on here anyway so will see if I have a message.
Email when you get a PM on 10:46 - Apr 18 with 1335 viewshoppy

Email when you get a PM on 08:58 - Apr 18 by PJH

Despite receiving numerous PM's yesterday and today I am not getting email notification from support-not even in my junk box of my emails.

Does not matter too much in my case because I am frequently on here anyway so will see if I have a message.

I've just checked my inbox again, and I still can't see any new messages in there, so I haven't had any email notifications either...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Email when you get a PM on 11:04 - Apr 18 with 1306 viewsBluebell

Email when you get a PM on 08:51 - Apr 18 by SitfcB

Thanks for your concern Sitters. Our 'friend' told me you were worried.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 11:07]
Email when you get a PM on 11:05 - Apr 18 with 1302 viewsBluebell

Email when you get a PM on 10:46 - Apr 18 by hoppy

I've just checked my inbox again, and I still can't see any new messages in there, so I haven't had any email notifications either...

Awwww Hoppy. Do you want me to send you one?
Email when you get a PM on 11:16 - Apr 18 with 1274 viewsPhilTWTD

Email when you get a PM on 08:51 - Apr 18 by WeWereZombies

I would guess the gambling industry has ramped back on ads on sites like this due to the lack of sport and concentrating on other areas.
Email when you get a PM on 11:18 - Apr 18 with 1274 viewsBluebell

Email when you get a PM on 00:22 - Apr 18 by PhilTWTD

I can see she's not been on the site for a couple of weeks.

Phil - I have changed my email address on Settings to the one I use now. Will that work? The other one was an old one which I very rarely checked.

Thanks
Email when you get a PM on 12:44 - Apr 18 with 1221 viewsRyorry

Hi Bluebell, glad you're OK and hope Mr BB is too.

Saw the first of your namesake flowers about to open in the woods yesterday eve - my fav time of year!

I had a reply PM from PJH this morning, which I did get notification of in my main inbox (hotmail).

NB for hotmail users - when I "instructed" hotmail to send one friend's email to inbox, not junk, it thereafter refused to recognise that sender at all - every email he sent never appeared anywhere for me. I fiddled around altering various settings for a while but in the end gave up & he now has to use my other email address - no problems with that.

Email when you get a PM on 12:55 - Apr 18 with 1210 viewsRyorry

Email when you get a PM on 11:16 - Apr 18 by PhilTWTD

I would guess the gambling industry has ramped back on ads on sites like this due to the lack of sport and concentrating on other areas.

What's going to drive YOU to an axe-murder rampage during all this? by jontysnut 11 Apr 2020 18:12
The next person who says they're going to 'ramp up' something

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024