Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oi Badger 13:39 - Apr 18 with 1265 viewsCoastalblue

Deleted the post, it appears it was ill judged and I had no intentions of giving a nutcase a broader platform.

For those that missed it and want to know, it was some absurd message by David Icke who seems to feel that Covid19 is a big conspiracy.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 14:03]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Oi Badger on 13:46 - Apr 18 with 1214 viewsmonytowbray

Lizards.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Oi Badger on 13:48 - Apr 18 with 1213 viewsStokieBlue

I don't see why people feel the need to give that dangerous lunatic any airtime.

Second time on here this week.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Oi Badger on 13:49 - Apr 18 with 1208 viewsjeera

He doesn't say what it is he thinks is the scam, just that 'it' is.

With the lockdown you'd hope that hospitals would be catching up and as most appointments have been cancelled for now then some places probably are quieter than expected.

That was the point.

That would be a good thing Icke you fecking idiot.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 15:12]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oi Badger on 13:50 - Apr 18 with 1204 viewssparks

Some are dying.

So- even if there is a degree of truth about it, its utterly irrelevant.

Frankly, reposting anythign by this sort of dangerous lunatic reflects very very badly on you.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Oi Badger on 13:52 - Apr 18 with 1193 viewsCoastalblue

Oi Badger on 13:50 - Apr 18 by sparks

Some are dying.

Frankly, reposting anythign by this sort of dangerous lunatic reflects very very badly on you.

To be honest, I thought it was so absurd that I was unable to see beyond anybody just ridiculing it. I had no intention of attempting to spread his views or legitimise them in any way.

If people do see it as bad taste I'll happily delete?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Oi Badger on 13:53 - Apr 18 with 1190 viewsElderGrizzly

The comments below his tweet are almost exclusively from the MAGA crowd too. Surprise
Oi Badger on 13:54 - Apr 18 with 1190 viewsBlueBadger

Icke is, unsurprisingly, talking sh1t. The empty beds he was describing was probably from a 'clean' area, which are under-occupied(and in the minority).

Not to mention the fact that GPs and care homes are doing a lot of NHS dirty work at the moment and A&E attendances are much reduced due to less traffic on the road, fewer people engaging in sports and dangerous work.
Additionally, on our 'clean wards' we've closed 1 bed in 3 in the 6 bedded bays to ensure 2M+ distance between patients.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 14:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Oi Badger on 13:56 - Apr 18 with 1166 viewspointofblue

I’d want to ask them why governments across the world are crashing their economies for nothing, if the poison he spouts is true.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Oi Badger on 13:56 - Apr 18 with 1171 viewsBlueBadger

Oi Badger on 13:54 - Apr 18 by BlueBadger

Icke is, unsurprisingly, talking sh1t. The empty beds he was describing was probably from a 'clean' area, which are under-occupied(and in the minority).

Not to mention the fact that GPs and care homes are doing a lot of NHS dirty work at the moment and A&E attendances are much reduced due to less traffic on the road, fewer people engaging in sports and dangerous work.
Additionally, on our 'clean wards' we've closed 1 bed in 3 in the 6 bedded bays to ensure 2M+ distance between patients.

Plus, he's suggesting there's a conspiracy amongst MILLIONS of healthcare workers to invent a pandemic so that the Lizard People can tighten their grip on the populace. That's an AWFUL lot of people over the world they've got to get to keep schtum.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Oi Badger on 13:59 - Apr 18 with 1153 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Oi Badger on 13:52 - Apr 18 by Coastalblue

To be honest, I thought it was so absurd that I was unable to see beyond anybody just ridiculing it. I had no intention of attempting to spread his views or legitimise them in any way.

Personally I think anyone giving him a platform is as responsible as he is for the things he is saying in the first place.

If you are determined to give him a platform, do so in a context where his dangerous ideas are properly challenged.

I once liked him as a football commentator and ex-player. He then came out with ridiculous outrageous ideas that very few people took him seriously on. In fact to such an extent he eventually back-tracked and claimed he had only said them in order to attract attention because he wanted to tackle environmental issues.

His ideas are leading to lunatics doing very dangerous things such as burning down 5G masts. Anyone who accepts anything he says is clearly deluded.

EDIT: I think it was the right call to remove the link. He really ought to be in a mental hospital.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 14:24]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Oi Badger on 14:35 - Apr 18 with 1069 viewsBlueBadger

Oi Badger on 13:59 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Personally I think anyone giving him a platform is as responsible as he is for the things he is saying in the first place.

If you are determined to give him a platform, do so in a context where his dangerous ideas are properly challenged.

I once liked him as a football commentator and ex-player. He then came out with ridiculous outrageous ideas that very few people took him seriously on. In fact to such an extent he eventually back-tracked and claimed he had only said them in order to attract attention because he wanted to tackle environmental issues.

His ideas are leading to lunatics doing very dangerous things such as burning down 5G masts. Anyone who accepts anything he says is clearly deluded.

EDIT: I think it was the right call to remove the link. He really ought to be in a mental hospital.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 14:24]

Exactly this. He's also turned into a vile anti-semite in recent times as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/feb/01/conspiracy-theorist-david-icke-shou

Oi Badger on 14:54 - Apr 18 with 1043 viewsTrequartista

Oi Badger on 13:56 - Apr 18 by BlueBadger

Plus, he's suggesting there's a conspiracy amongst MILLIONS of healthcare workers to invent a pandemic so that the Lizard People can tighten their grip on the populace. That's an AWFUL lot of people over the world they've got to get to keep schtum.

He's been going on about the end of the world being nigh for years, now it is actually the end of the world he's trying to deny it! Grrrr

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Oi Badger on 15:09 - Apr 18 with 1008 viewsBlueBadger

The main thing I'm disappointed with this thread is that none of our usual loons have come out to support him and tell us not to sneer. mock and belittle 'alternative opinions'.

Perhaps they're nearly as short staffed in these times as we are in the NHS.

Oi Badger on 15:12 - Apr 18 with 1010 viewsMullet

It's worth noting on Icke too that a lot of the hindsight "he was right" about paedophilia rings etc. seem to come from the fact he accused and spat innuendo at pretty much everyone in the public eye.

This has in turn given him lots of credence and a resurgence of popularity. It's a difficult conundrum because it's easy to say he was simply wrong, when in fact he was just not informed enough to accurate it seems.

I think I shared this last time or the time before he was being heralded to no response, but it seems to have nailed him years ago in a very compelling way. https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/4797/mocked-prophet-what-is-david-ickes-appe

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Oi Badger on 16:01 - Apr 18 with 936 viewsmonytowbray

Oi Badger on 13:50 - Apr 18 by sparks

Some are dying.

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Oi Badger on 16:09 - Apr 18 with 930 viewssparks

Sorry if I was harsh. The amount of nonsense and misinformation floating about at the moment is really troubling!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Oi Badger on 16:19 - Apr 18 with 911 viewsNewcyBlue

I never saw your post as anything but a “look at this tw@t!”

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Oi Badger on 17:16 - Apr 18 with 863 viewsBluesquid

Oi Badger on 13:54 - Apr 18 by BlueBadger

I agree.

Also nice to see the nurses and docs de-stressing with the dance routines i must say, lovely stuff.

Which one's you then Badgey?

[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 19:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024