Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... 18:19 - Apr 18 with 2309 viewsITFC_Forever

....what an absolute weapon that Charlie Methven is.

You could see what he was trying to do off the pitch, but there’s a right way and a wrong way to speak to people. If you worked for him, you’d just think what a prick he is.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:37 - Apr 18 with 2263 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Absolutely, the way he spoke to the girl from marketing over the attendance figures was fecking awful. He was an utter tool.

Normally attendance figures come out mid way through the 2nd half, giving her all that sh it just so he could be the one to announce it and look like the hero.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:46 - Apr 18 with 2239 viewsgainsboroughblue

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:37 - Apr 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Absolutely, the way he spoke to the girl from marketing over the attendance figures was fecking awful. He was an utter tool.

Normally attendance figures come out mid way through the 2nd half, giving her all that sh it just so he could be the one to announce it and look like the hero.

Was he the posh one with the blonde missus?

If so, yep agreed.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:52 - Apr 18 with 2222 viewsITFC_Forever

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:37 - Apr 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep. You could tell what she thought of him.

She could have told him to get stuffed, but had too much class for that. There was only one person who came out of that exchange with any credit and it wasn’t him.

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:53 - Apr 18 with 2211 viewsITFC_Forever

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:46 - Apr 18 by gainsboroughblue

Was he the posh one with the blonde missus?

If so, yep agreed.

Yep, the younger-looking of the two, although they’re probably similar ages.

The Stewart guy seemed ok... a bit naive in the football world perhaps, but was just trying to do his best.

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 20:50 - Apr 18 with 2119 viewsChrisd

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:53 - Apr 18 by ITFC_Forever

The Stewart guy seemed ok... a bit naive in the football world perhaps, but was just trying to do his best.

To be fair, both the owner and that Charlie fella had Sunderland AFC as top priority. Yes, they could’ve done things differently, but I got the impression they both cared about the club and wanted the best for it, but showed it in different ways. But as we know with our own club, there’s a lot of pressure to get things right from the start both on and off the pitch and get promotion back to the Championship ASAP. They look like they are slowly turning it around and look in a better position than us to get back up.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 20:51 - Apr 18 with 2113 viewsTractorWood

Agree. Absolute weapon. The first smoking gun was when he called it a season card.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 21:55 - Apr 18 with 2061 viewsfactual_blue

Indeed. He reminds me of an Apprentice candidate. Over-exuberant incompetence.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 08:31 - Apr 19 with 1876 viewsKeaneish

Shocking attire too. Power clashing chinos and Kashmir jumpers - public school boys at their finest.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 11:15 - Apr 19 with 1769 viewsWarkystache

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 08:31 - Apr 19 by Keaneish

Shocking attire too. Power clashing chinos and Kashmir jumpers - public school boys at their finest.

Strawberry-red chinos as well.....

Best bit was the first series when they were losing and some tool decided to deck the camera person. That and the 5-2 defeat to us when one of their commentators said "They're being taught a lesson tonight".

I'd hate the same thing done here. Might open up a wholly different can of worms.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 11:34 - Apr 19 with 1753 viewstractorboy1978

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 11:15 - Apr 19 by Warkystache

Strawberry-red chinos as well.....

Best bit was the first series when they were losing and some tool decided to deck the camera person. That and the 5-2 defeat to us when one of their commentators said "They're being taught a lesson tonight".

I'd hate the same thing done here. Might open up a wholly different can of worms.

That deadline day signing of Will Grigg I should imagine reeks of what it was like under Keane with Clegg/Evans signing the likes of Priskin and Martin - pants pulled down.

That Methven was an absolute weapon but that marketing department needed a good kick up the arse. It was interesting what he said about the previous culture being absolutely inefficient because they just sent the bill to the owner at the end of each month and he paid it.
Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:53 - Apr 20 with 1548 viewsDinnernotTea

Two trips to Wembley
Set a new third tier attendance record
The club is breaking even

Are you sure? The bloke has done wonders there. His style is mental but listen carefully to the figures before he started to crank up the heat.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 11:00 - Apr 20 with 1533 viewsITFC_Forever

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:53 - Apr 20 by DinnernotTea

Two trips to Wembley
Set a new third tier attendance record
The club is breaking even

Are you sure? The bloke has done wonders there. His style is mental but listen carefully to the figures before he started to crank up the heat.

From my original post:

"You could see what he was trying to do off the pitch, but there’s a right way and a wrong way to speak to people. If you worked for him, you’d just think what a prick he is."

There's ways of going about things the right way or not.

The one bit that did make me laugh was the fan who said the Checkatrade was a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to go to Wembley. They were back there a couple of months later.

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 11:32 - Apr 20 with 1477 viewsmonytowbray

is he the bloke at the start ranting over the presentation about hoe the business is a "f*cking joke?"

As if so, I got 5 minutes in to episode one and he made me turn it off. I can't even be bothered to watch a sociopathic jumped up t0sser like that on TV, let alone deal with them.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 16:17 - Apr 20 with 1382 viewsDinnernotTea

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 11:00 - Apr 20 by ITFC_Forever

From my original post:

"You could see what he was trying to do off the pitch, but there’s a right way and a wrong way to speak to people. If you worked for him, you’d just think what a prick he is."

There's ways of going about things the right way or not.

The one bit that did make me laugh was the fan who said the Checkatrade was a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to go to Wembley. They were back there a couple of months later.

But he made a point of saying unless I manage this way absolutely nothing gets done. The Chairman said the same whereby middle management would be having meetings about meetings. I can imagine here at Ipswich being pre those 2 going in there to shake it up. Cannot imagine Lee O'Neill shaking anyone up to get another 10% out of them.

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 08:49 - Apr 22 with 1227 viewscooperd5

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 16:17 - Apr 20 by DinnernotTea

But he made a point of saying unless I manage this way absolutely nothing gets done. The Chairman said the same whereby middle management would be having meetings about meetings. I can imagine here at Ipswich being pre those 2 going in there to shake it up. Cannot imagine Lee O'Neill shaking anyone up to get another 10% out of them.

Whilst he's correct in shaking them up from the drifting slumber they were in he still behaved like a complete tosser and ego-driven muppet. You need to bring your team with you not stand as leader shouting & bawling.
Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 09:39 - Apr 22 with 1189 viewsjontysnut

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 08:31 - Apr 19 by Keaneish

things involving public schoolboys called Charlie rarely end well
Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 09:51 - Apr 22 with 1172 viewsBluefish

If you are not looking at the screen it is easy to keep slipping into thinking David Brent is on the screen when Donald is talking

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 1155 viewsmidastouch

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 18:53 - Apr 18 by ITFC_Forever

The Sunderland fans seemed fairly happy with how it was all going under the new owners. Although they might not of been so happy after the two defeats at Wembley. Think they got burnt on the 3 million January panic buy though. Paid over the odds there, Stewart even admitted it himself. Losing the young striker to France was clearly the killer for them that season.
I thought Stewart was doing his best. He clearly cared. Somebody from the Sunderland personnel department really needs to have a word with Charlie boy though about the importance of respecting (and not breaching) mutual trust and confidence!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:20 - Apr 22 with 1132 viewsDinnernotTea

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 08:49 - Apr 22 by cooperd5

Whilst he's correct in shaking them up from the drifting slumber they were in he still behaved like a complete tosser and ego-driven muppet. You need to bring your team with you not stand as leader shouting & bawling.

In my opinion had he not managed like that then every chance they wouldn't have secured the third tier attendance record (and made a fortune from it) and they wouldn't be a club that has broken even. By all accounts their staff was taking the piss pre the takeover so good on him for rattling a few cages.

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:31 - Apr 22 with 1115 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:20 - Apr 22 by DinnernotTea

In my opinion had he not managed like that then every chance they wouldn't have secured the third tier attendance record (and made a fortune from it) and they wouldn't be a club that has broken even. By all accounts their staff was taking the piss pre the takeover so good on him for rattling a few cages.

Agree. Anybody who has any experience of inheriting poorly performing staff with poor motivation (I have) would watch that and see what he's trying to do. A very difficult part of the world to go in as an outsider and run a football club.

The owner signing Will Grigg was the ridiculous bit.
Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:44 - Apr 22 with 1098 viewsBluefish

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:31 - Apr 22 by PrideOfTheEast

Agree. Anybody who has any experience of inheriting poorly performing staff with poor motivation (I have) would watch that and see what he's trying to do. A very difficult part of the world to go in as an outsider and run a football club.

The owner signing Will Grigg was the ridiculous bit.

If he hadn't signed him it would have also been ridiculous but I doubt there are many people that weren't shocked by it
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 11:08]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 12:01 - Apr 22 with 1056 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Binge watched the Sunderland series this week... on 10:44 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

If he hadn't signed him it would have also been ridiculous but I doubt there are many people that weren't shocked by it
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 11:08]

Unfortunate that he inherited the position he did with Maja, i.e. he was always going to go. For that sort of money, I'd have been spending up to 7 figures on a loan rather than whatever the price was for Grigg on a perm and then taking stock in the Summer. Easy to say in hindsight of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024