Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country 13:13 - Apr 19 with 1092 viewsoneoffposter

May as well keep flogging this theme and try this one think you should only include players from your lifetime (1980 for me) - here is my team I have just dreamed up

Forest

Tarricco Hunter. Beat. Herman

Finidi. Holland. Wark. Muhren

Pablo. Johnson

Obviously using who they represented as the rule, looks strong to me, few other ways could have gone - be interested to see if anyone can make a team to beat that
Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 17:07 - Apr 19 with 1023 viewsEwan_Oozami

I've gone for an exotic 11 - mainly from countries not recently known for producing footballers....particularly true in the case of Karic..

Fulop (Hungary)

Carlos (Trin and Tob) Herman (Ice) De Vos (Canada) Karic (Slovenia)

El Miz (Tunisia) Schumi (North Macedonia) Bru (Mauritius)

D'Avray (SA) Kuqi (Finland) Bontcho (Bulgaria)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 08:26 - Apr 20 with 937 viewsallezlesbleus

Fulop

Tarrico / Beattie / Hunter / Hreidesson

Wark / Thijssen / Holland / George

Counago / Kuqi
Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 10:01 - Apr 20 with 906 viewsChutney

So I'll go post 1997:

Begovic

Taricco De Vos Mowbray Herman

Dyer Holland Magilton Reuser

Counago Dos Santos
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 10:03]
Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 10:34 - Apr 20 with 887 viewsrickw

______________Begovic
Tarricco____De Vos___Beattie__Hreidarsson
_______________Wark
_______ Holland_______Muhren
_____________Dos Santos
_________Murphy______Johnson

Controversial with 2 loanees in my team, but.....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 10:53 - Apr 20 with 879 viewsoneoffposter

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 10:34 - Apr 20 by rickw

______________Begovic
_______________Wark
_____________Dos Santos

Good use of the loan system - u might have out done me there!
Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 10:56 - Apr 20 with 876 viewsDennyx4

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 10:34 - Apr 20 by rickw

______________Begovic
_______________Wark
_____________Dos Santos

You have Holland and Murphy from Ireland - you may need Kuqi or Counago......
Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 11:11 - Apr 20 with 867 viewsSwansea_Blue

______________Begovic
_______________Wark
_____________Dos Santos

Nice.

Subs in Magilton for Matty and you can keep Murphy. Or maybe Finidi wide right, just for those few games before he got injured.

Or drop Murphy and slot Shefki in alongside Johnson.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 11:50 - Apr 20 with 836 viewsElephantintheRoom

Or, given that the team was known for home-grown talent - how about a team of 'local lads'

Depending on your definition of local you would even be able to squeeze the likes of Clive Woods and Trevor Whymark into the team.

In goal.... Plug

In defence.... Harper Butcher Jefferson Stockwell

Midfield.... Osbourne Dozell Dyer

Up front.... Woods Whymark Phillips

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 14:30 - Apr 20 with 810 viewsKropotkin123

GK - Serini - Italy
LB - Hreidarsson - Iceland
RB - Taricco - Argentina
CD - De Vos - Canada
CD - Baltacha - Soviet Union / Ukraine
LCM - Muhren - Netherlands
CM - Walk - Scotland
RCM - Elsworthy - Wales
AM - Dos Santos - Mexico
FW - Crawford - England
FW - Cournago - Spain

Subs
GK - Bialkowski - Poland
D - Fish - South Africa (legendary)
M - Holland - Ireland
M - George - Nigeria
S - Kuqi - Finland

Tried to go off what people have said, rather than those I've seen. Beattie is the obvious missing player, but I wanted Crawfords goals in my team.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 15:09 - Apr 20 with 793 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Bialkowski
Wilnis De Vos Berra Hreidarsson
Edwards Magilton Legwinski Cresswell
Kuqi Murphy

I've gone for 2000 onwards. No loanees and I've converted Cresswell into a left winger as he and Herman could alternate bombing forward.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 15:15 - Apr 20 with 778 viewsrickw

Best town XI 1 rule = Every player has to be from a different country on 11:11 - Apr 20 by Swansea_Blue

Nice.

Subs in Magilton for Matty and you can keep Murphy. Or maybe Finidi wide right, just for those few games before he got injured.

Or drop Murphy and slot Shefki in alongside Johnson.

Magilton in for Holland.
I did originally have Kuqi in my team but tried to work Murphy in as was a better all round player

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024