Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think there are many Brexit voters 19:30 - Apr 19 with 4729 viewsghostofescobar

Shifting uncomfortably in their seats, and perhaps feeling a tad guilty, because, whatever they may say in public, actually voted along lines of prejudice in the vote (get foreigners out), but have absolutely no arguments now they realise that this country relies massively on migrant labour: NHS, carers, van drivers, warehouse staff etc etc. If the Brexit vote was actually planned for the end of this year, it would undoubtably end in “remain”. I think my own parents would be entwined in this conundrum.

GhostOfEscobar

I think there are many Brexit voters on 19:37 - Apr 19 with 2309 viewsmonytowbray

Ha! You think Brexit voters take any responsibility for their actions. I’ve encountered two ever, one of which was GTSB on here.

Anyone know how he and his family are doing? He posted in some brutal depth and honesty the challenges they faced but things were on the up last time he updated us I think?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 19:39 - Apr 19 with 2301 viewsfactual_blue

Interested to hear that, of the 6,000 who'd signed up to pick fruit etc, 112 have actually agreed to do so.

(The hope of farmers is for 80,000 - the number of seasonal workers who normally enter the UK for the harvest. Many of whom, it transpires, are highly skilled at operating complicated machinery).

Come along, those strawberries don't pick themselves....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I think there are many Brexit voters on 19:44 - Apr 19 with 2279 viewsWD19

#clap4thewarehousestaff
I think there are many Brexit voters on 19:45 - Apr 19 with 2273 viewsBlueBadger

I fear you're expecting rather too much from a lot of these people.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 19:46 - Apr 19 with 2272 viewsKeno

I think there are many Brexit voters on 19:39 - Apr 19 by factual_blue

Interested to hear that, of the 6,000 who'd signed up to pick fruit etc, 112 have actually agreed to do so.

(The hope of farmers is for 80,000 - the number of seasonal workers who normally enter the UK for the harvest. Many of whom, it transpires, are highly skilled at operating complicated machinery).

Come along, those strawberries don't pick themselves....

its as tho some fruit grows on some kind of tree ....... oh

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

As my friend in Whitehall said to me.... on 20:20 - Apr 19 with 2243 viewsunstableblue

.... "we were already fatigued and disillusioned with the huge bureaucracy being created and consultant usage to start implementing Brexit (key word being start), which was distracting from improving the country, and now we have completely switched to Covid management and economy bolstering. To expect us to then go back to the joke that is Brexit, that goes against where the world needs to go, is ridiculous"

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 20:43 - Apr 19 with 2195 viewslinhdi

I think there are many Brexit voters on 19:37 - Apr 19 by monytowbray

Ha! You think Brexit voters take any responsibility for their actions. I’ve encountered two ever, one of which was GTSB on here.

Anyone know how he and his family are doing? He posted in some brutal depth and honesty the challenges they faced but things were on the up last time he updated us I think?

I don't know any who have changed their opinions at all. If anything, Coronavirus proved they were right all along. "If we'd of left last year, we wouldn't have this thing, cos we'd of closed the border and not allowed any foreigners in". Yes, one actually said that to me.

Then there was the one who said " we ought to just leave the EU now. There isn't any trade now so there can't be any harm". (Ummmm)... That might have been a cabinet minister, or maybe an adviser...
I think there are many Brexit voters on 20:44 - Apr 19 with 2185 viewsNewcyBlue

Heard from GTSB in January. All was well then.

He’s a good bloke.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

I think there are many Brexit voters on 20:49 - Apr 19 with 2174 viewsBlueNomad

I don’t think many will feel at all guilty. Most won’t make, or will refuse to make, the link between Brexit and the situation we now have to climb out of.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 21:40]
I think there are many Brexit voters on 21:08 - Apr 19 with 2128 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Or not!
What a united front Europe have been displaying.
Romanian asparagus pickers from the worst area of their country packed into coaches and shipped off to Germany!
Italians feeling betrayed....again.
Seems the Remainer fans all want more and more globalisation....or would that be a gross over generalisation!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I think there are many Brexit voters on 21:12 - Apr 19 with 2107 viewsmonytowbray

I think there are many Brexit voters on 20:44 - Apr 19 by NewcyBlue

Heard from GTSB in January. All was well then.

He’s a good bloke.

Me and him used to have some right beef but I think the more we argued the more we sympathised with each other. I had a lot of admiration for his Brexit mistake post.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 21:13 - Apr 19 with 2104 viewsm14_blue

J2 also.
I think there are many Brexit voters on 21:15 - Apr 19 with 2103 viewsClapham_Junction

Sadly I doubt it. Many are like Trump voters — completely unwilling to engage in critical thought or consider anything contrary to their viewpoint. As long as they get their way, that's all that matters, to hell with the consequences or any requirement for integrity from the politicians implementing what they want.

Kudos to the likes of J2 who admitted they made a mistake.
I think there are many Brexit voters on 21:42 - Apr 19 with 2025 viewsBlueForYou

I think there are many Brexit voters on 21:15 - Apr 19 by Clapham_Junction

Sadly I doubt it. Many are like Trump voters — completely unwilling to engage in critical thought or consider anything contrary to their viewpoint. As long as they get their way, that's all that matters, to hell with the consequences or any requirement for integrity from the politicians implementing what they want.

Kudos to the likes of J2 who admitted they made a mistake.

Most remainers I speak to are like that.
I think there are many Brexit voters on 22:24 - Apr 19 with 1952 viewsBlueBadger

I think there are many Brexit voters on 21:13 - Apr 19 by m14_blue

J2 also.

In all fairness though, pretty much every major decision J2 ever makes involves him saying about six months later 'might have done that wrong'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I think there are many Brexit voters on 22:25 - Apr 19 with 1947 viewsNewcyBlue

I think there are many Brexit voters on 22:24 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

In all fairness though, pretty much every major decision J2 ever makes involves him saying about six months later 'might have done that wrong'.

That gender reassignment....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 22:25 - Apr 19 with 1953 viewsBlueBadger

I think there are many Brexit voters on 21:42 - Apr 19 by BlueForYou

Most remainers I speak to are like that.

We're people who are largely evidence-based in our decision making. As yet, no evidence has emerged to change our minds that Brexit is sane, sensible, a good idea and Not At All Rooted In Petty Xenophobia.

I think there are many Brexit voters on 22:40 - Apr 19 with 1909 viewsfactual_blue

I think there are many Brexit voters on 22:25 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

We're people who are largely evidence-based in our decision making. As yet, no evidence has emerged to change our minds that Brexit is sane, sensible, a good idea and Not At All Rooted In Petty Xenophobia.

I think that wins the argument.

balls

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:10 - Apr 19 with 1880 viewsmidastouch

I think there are many Brexit voters on 22:25 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

Brexit is going to be a mere footnote in comparison to the upheaval Europe now faces. Jacques Delors has said in the last few days that the EU is in "mortal danger".
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/03/29/eu-project-mortal-danger-italy-s
Delors acknowledged years ago that the eurozone was flawed from the beginning: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16016131
He said: "... that the lack of central powers to co-ordinate economic policies allowed some members to run up unsustainable debt."

Moreover, former French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said just this week the EU is grave danger of a collapse.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/europe-collapse-brexit-latest-ma

Like it or not, the future of the EU hangs in the balance. Everywhere I turn I see headlines that the EU is in danger of imploding. Take this one just today in the FT:
Italy is in more danger than the eurozone will acknowledge.
Financial Times - 9 hours ago (behind a paywall though).

You mention about evidence. So are you saying there is no evidence suggesting the EU is in trouble? Not everybody sees the EU as the land of milk and honey. Even the previous Bank of England governor was urging a no deal.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/29/uk-should-leave-eu-with-no-deal

I voted Brexit mainly on the grounds that I believed the EU is heading for collapse. You definitely don't want to be left sailing on that ship when it goes down. That's not a voting decision based on xenophobia but rather based on grave economic concern. Can you not respect a decision like that? Why do you have to label anybody who voted Brexit as being a xenophobe? I find that a very narrow-minded view. Even so, I still totally respect your decision to have voted to remain. That was your democratic choice and I fully respect it. I would ask you to do the same for mine.

Here's an idea. How about we all try not to be so hasty to judge others? The judgement carousel is just going round and round and it's going nowhere. Rather than us judging or condemning others there is a better way, that is we keep our focus on our own contributions to the world. How does that sound?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 10:01]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:18 - Apr 19 with 1853 viewsmidastouch

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:10 - Apr 19 by midastouch

Brexit is going to be a mere footnote in comparison to the upheaval Europe now faces. Jacques Delors has said in the last few days that the EU is in "mortal danger".
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/03/29/eu-project-mortal-danger-italy-s
Delors acknowledged years ago that the eurozone was flawed from the beginning: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16016131
He said: "... that the lack of central powers to co-ordinate economic policies allowed some members to run up unsustainable debt."

Moreover, former French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said just this week the EU is grave danger of a collapse.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/europe-collapse-brexit-latest-ma

Like it or not, the future of the EU hangs in the balance. Everywhere I turn I see headlines that the EU is in danger of imploding. Take this one just today in the FT:

You mention about evidence. So are you saying there is no evidence suggesting the EU is in trouble? Not everybody sees the EU as the land of milk and honey. Even the previous Bank of England governor was urging a no deal.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/29/uk-should-leave-eu-with-no-deal

I voted Brexit mainly on the grounds that I believed the EU is heading for collapse. You definitely don't want to be left sailing on that ship when it goes down. That's not a voting decision based on xenophobia but rather based on grave economic concern. Can you not respect a decision like that? Why do you have to label anybody who voted Brexit as being a xenophobe? I find that a very narrow-minded view. Even so, I still totally respect your decision to have voted to remain. That was your democratic choice and I fully respect it. I would ask you to do the same for mine.

Here's an idea. How about we all try not to be so hasty to judge others? The judgement carousel is just going round and round and it's going nowhere. Rather than us judging or condemning others there is a better way, that is we keep our focus on our own contributions to the world. How does that sound?

And a picture paints a thousand words:

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:27 - Apr 19 with 1797 viewsjeera

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:10 - Apr 19 by midastouch

"Moreover, Former French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said just this week the EU is grave danger of a collapse."

Everything is in grave danger of collapse right now.

This is hardly a regular time in history to be making that kind of call conclusively either way.

I would rather be as united as possible in times of need rather than spin a load of **** about how strong we are alone.

And if we were - hypothetically - that strong, then I would still prefer us to be in a place we can be of use to others.

We are neither at war nor involved in some competition.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:31 - Apr 19 with 1777 viewsJ2BLUE

I think there are many Brexit voters on 22:24 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

Give me 27 examples.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:34 - Apr 19 with 1768 viewsjeera

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:31 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

Give me 27 examples.

That's devious.

You know full well none of us here can count beyond 26.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:37 - Apr 19 with 1765 viewsmidastouch

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:27 - Apr 19 by jeera

"Moreover, Former French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said just this week the EU is grave danger of a collapse."

Everything is in grave danger of collapse right now.

This is hardly a regular time in history to be making that kind of call conclusively either way.

I would rather be as united as possible in times of need rather than spin a load of **** about how strong we are alone.

And if we were - hypothetically - that strong, then I would still prefer us to be in a place we can be of use to others.

We are neither at war nor involved in some competition.

The main point I'm making is simply this, I find it disrespectful to be put in a box where I'm branded a xenophobe just because I don't buy into the economic vision or future of the EU. That's the judgement call I made at the referendum. That's all. You might think I got that call wrong. If the EU is still going strong in 10 or 20 years (and we're left in their shadow) then I would be the first to admit I made a wrong call. But that's the call I made at the referendum, ultimately, only time will tell if I was right or wrong.

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:38 - Apr 19 with 1762 viewsJ2BLUE

I think there are many Brexit voters on 23:34 - Apr 19 by jeera

That's devious.

You know full well none of us here can count beyond 26.

And that is why you bow before me as your king.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024