Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial implications of Covid on ITFC 13:28 - Apr 20 with 2063 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Increasingly likely assets like Woolfenden and Downes will be sold.

Will be a timely excuse for ITFC to sell.

[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 13:30]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:31 - Apr 20 with 1789 viewsBlueBadger

Even more worryingly, if the 19/20 season is scrapped it'll probably mean that we're stuck with our Worst Manager Ever and remain in the third division for the long haul.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:41 - Apr 20 with 1744 viewsmonytowbray

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:31 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

Even more worryingly, if the 19/20 season is scrapped it'll probably mean that we're stuck with our Worst Manager Ever and remain in the third division for the long haul.

That's on the assumption we'll even exist after this.

I don't think it's sunk in for a lot the 3 week lockdown figure is a vanity statement to take the pressure off for a few weeks (as has almost every briefing statement in the last fortnight). I also don't think it's sunk in that we're not going to walk out the door in 3 weeks flocking to pubs and social events to hug and embrace each other on a 3 day p1ss up as if none of this ever happened.

Even if we try and return to normal, there will be a lot of business casualties, many of which relate to the entertainment sector. Businesses have to still ride out lower capacities, limited opening hours and the fact a chunk of the population will still steer clear as much as possible regardless of lock down rules to stay safe.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:51 - Apr 20 with 1720 viewsBlueBadger

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:41 - Apr 20 by monytowbray

That's on the assumption we'll even exist after this.

I don't think it's sunk in for a lot the 3 week lockdown figure is a vanity statement to take the pressure off for a few weeks (as has almost every briefing statement in the last fortnight). I also don't think it's sunk in that we're not going to walk out the door in 3 weeks flocking to pubs and social events to hug and embrace each other on a 3 day p1ss up as if none of this ever happened.

Even if we try and return to normal, there will be a lot of business casualties, many of which relate to the entertainment sector. Businesses have to still ride out lower capacities, limited opening hours and the fact a chunk of the population will still steer clear as much as possible regardless of lock down rules to stay safe.

Just had the depressing realisation... by BlueBadger 18 Apr 2020 0:48
I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of bottom two FL divisions basically go semi-pro after all this. At the very least, the finances of football will need a long hard look.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:56 - Apr 20 with 1709 viewsDarth_Koont

Although that implies that Prem or Championship clubs will pay sufficiently well for League One players that it'll fill a big enough hole in our deficit to make it worthwhile.

Not convinced that's increasingly likely. Even loading the deals with bonus clauses won't help much compared to trying to get promoted with them next season and then selling into a hopefully more stable and optimistic market.

Pronouns: He/Him

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:58 - Apr 20 with 1698 viewsmonytowbray

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:51 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

Just had the depressing realisation... by BlueBadger 18 Apr 2020 0:48
I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of bottom two FL divisions basically go semi-pro after all this. At the very least, the finances of football will need a long hard look.

Is it bad I’m not even bothered? Supporting ITFC was a frustrating chore for the last 15 years at least and was a duty to childhood me.

I have real cognitive dissonance supporting modern football and being, well erm, me.

TWTD never forgets…

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 14:04 - Apr 20 with 1687 viewsBlueBadger

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:58 - Apr 20 by monytowbray

Is it bad I’m not even bothered? Supporting ITFC was a frustrating chore for the last 15 years at least and was a duty to childhood me.

I have real cognitive dissonance supporting modern football and being, well erm, me.

I've pretty much moved over to non-league - the atmospheres are better, it's more affordable, easier and quicker to get to and there's less toxic over-expectation and ego on show(unless like me, you've opted for AFC Sudbury, managed until recently by Mark Morsley). ITFC will always be my 'first' team, but they're a bit like a once-close friend that you don't have a lot in common with nowadays but don't want to cut ties with because of good memories.

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 14:56 - Apr 20 with 1597 viewseireblue

Crikey, with that sort of loss he is going to be raking it in on taxes.....I think I read on here that is how it works.
Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 15:02 - Apr 20 with 1580 viewsPJH

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 14:56 - Apr 20 by eireblue

Crikey, with that sort of loss he is going to be raking it in on taxes.....I think I read on here that is how it works.

Yes I think you are right.

I think every £100k or so that he puts in makes him even more money so the longer the club loses multiple pounds every day the better it is for Marcus Evans-pretty obvious really.
Login to get fewer ads

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 15:03 - Apr 20 with 1579 viewsElephantintheRoom

You might be looking a little too far ahead.

Football crowds will surely not be allowed for the forseeable future.... granted there could be games starting behind closed doors.... and the television audience will keep Prem games afloat.... but it may be impossible for football below the prem level to survive in its current form.

This may be the time from Prem division 1 and Prem division 2 and stuff everybody else.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 15:03 - Apr 20 with 1580 viewsrickw

I was 75% sure we'd lose Downes and Woolfenden anyway , but I was thinking/hoping we're better equipped to deal with this than most other L1 and L2 clubs, so perhaps Evans could cover our losses and we use this as an opportunity to sign the best young talent in L1 + L2 at knocked down prices.

But then it's been quite a few years since Evans gave us what we've hoped for!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 18:36 - Apr 20 with 1476 viewsDurovigutum

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 15:03 - Apr 20 by rickw

I was 75% sure we'd lose Downes and Woolfenden anyway , but I was thinking/hoping we're better equipped to deal with this than most other L1 and L2 clubs, so perhaps Evans could cover our losses and we use this as an opportunity to sign the best young talent in L1 + L2 at knocked down prices.

But then it's been quite a few years since Evans gave us what we've hoped for!

I think we are in a reasonable place compared to some, especially in the league above. We don't have many players on huge wage bills and those we do haven't long left, we have decent players and good youth coming through, we don't have external debt. Ok, there may be a manager effect, but...
Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:03 - Apr 20 with 1432 viewsPecker

We would have sold them regardless. We are a selling club.
Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:42 - Apr 20 with 1386 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:03 - Apr 20 by Pecker

We would have sold them regardless. We are a selling club.

Pretty much every club is a selling club though aren't they.

If Downes gets offered 10 times his salary to go elsewhere, nobody is going to stop him if a buyer offers an acceptable amount of money. Not sure we'll get an acceptable offer this Summer now though.

All so irrelevant with everything going on at the moment but this will be good for ITFC and football in the long run. We're at a point where plenty of owners are going to push to enforce change so it goes one way or the other.
Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:47 - Apr 20 with 1377 viewsjas0999

Evans will sell Woolfenden and Downes regardless. He will just blame Covid-19. Sadly, Evans has form. Agree with others that PL will also stay as manager. That’s the big downside of this. It’s been an awful season, but likely forgotten.
Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:50 - Apr 20 with 1372 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:47 - Apr 20 by jas0999

Evans will sell Woolfenden and Downes regardless. He will just blame Covid-19. Sadly, Evans has form. Agree with others that PL will also stay as manager. That’s the big downside of this. It’s been an awful season, but likely forgotten.

Obviously a good chance we'll sell them but I expect there's less chance now than before this of Evans getting an offer he'd deem acceptable. At least for both.
Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:53 - Apr 20 with 1361 viewsWD19

All things are relative. In a perverse kind of way we will be less worse off than some given the stability of our ownership structure.

As others have said.....what we need is a talented manager and sensible recruitment policy to make the most of the opportunity.
Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:57 - Apr 20 with 1358 viewsBrixtonBlue

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 14:04 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

I've pretty much moved over to non-league - the atmospheres are better, it's more affordable, easier and quicker to get to and there's less toxic over-expectation and ego on show(unless like me, you've opted for AFC Sudbury, managed until recently by Mark Morsley). ITFC will always be my 'first' team, but they're a bit like a once-close friend that you don't have a lot in common with nowadays but don't want to cut ties with because of good memories.

Is the atmosphere really better in non-league?!

The other problem with non-league is the standard is presumably a lot shi!!er?

I've never quite seen the appeal of following a non-league team. I tried Chelmsford for a bit but it was only every mildly interesting.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 20:04 - Apr 20 with 1347 viewsBrixtonBlue

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 15:03 - Apr 20 by ElephantintheRoom

You might be looking a little too far ahead.

Football crowds will surely not be allowed for the forseeable future.... granted there could be games starting behind closed doors.... and the television audience will keep Prem games afloat.... but it may be impossible for football below the prem level to survive in its current form.

This may be the time from Prem division 1 and Prem division 2 and stuff everybody else.

Not sure about other lower league clubs but I reckon ITFC would bring in a sizeable amount of money (enough to survive on) from TV revenues - particularly with our fans all over the world added to the mix.

Market it as you're not just watching your team the only way you can at the moment... you're also helping it survive.

There would be less money taken on a match day than there used to be, in terms of 'other stuff' (refreshments, programme sales etc.) But then there wouldn't be the same running costs (catering staff, police etc).

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 20:09 - Apr 20 with 1340 viewsBrixtonBlue

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 19:47 - Apr 20 by jas0999

He also has form for hanging onto players when he could have sold. To say he will just blame Covid-19 is poor form IMO.

The bloke is topping-up the furlough payments to ensure all staff receive their full monthly salaries and is covering all the club’s other losses during this period. I'm very grateful for that, and I imagine the staff are too.

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 20:13 - Apr 20 with 1331 viewsitfcjoe

Surely the easier and quicker to get to thing is totally dependent on where you live?!

For me, unless I want to drop very far into the non-leagues, supporting ITFC is cheaper and easier than supporting anyone else.....realistically anyone living in Ipswich can walk to the ground and have a ST which costs them about £15 a game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 20:16 - Apr 20 with 1323 viewsitfcjoe

I think we'll come out of it ok, we are lucky to have an owner with deep pockets (even if his arms are sometimes shorter than we as fans would like), and when you look around this league we are streets ahead of most other clubs in that respect.

The Championship is an absolute car crash finincially - Derby, Sheff Weds, Birmingham and many others sailing so close to the wind that they are almost capsized.

Evans has apparently been in very regular contact with Rick Parry trying to push his ideas through, and we all know what they are - a tightening up of FFP and a stop to the silly spending in the 2nd tier where clubs have parachute payments and other clubs try and compete with that.

I think this will help us, just need Evans to appoint a better manager ASAP!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 20:26 - Apr 20 with 1300 viewsBrixtonBlue

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 13:31 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

I think we have bigger things to worry about at the moment.

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 22:24 - Apr 20 with 1203 viewsChrisd

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 20:16 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

I think we'll come out of it ok, we are lucky to have an owner with deep pockets (even if his arms are sometimes shorter than we as fans would like), and when you look around this league we are streets ahead of most other clubs in that respect.

The Championship is an absolute car crash finincially - Derby, Sheff Weds, Birmingham and many others sailing so close to the wind that they are almost capsized.

Evans has apparently been in very regular contact with Rick Parry trying to push his ideas through, and we all know what they are - a tightening up of FFP and a stop to the silly spending in the 2nd tier where clubs have parachute payments and other clubs try and compete with that.

With the addition of some better players, but sadly I can’t see either of our requests being granted.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 01:40 - Apr 21 with 1119 viewstextbackup

is it just me, but I couldn't think of nothing worse than paying £5-8 quid to get in to watch a load of blokes play for a team I don't care a single bit about. how is the atmosphere better? 20 kids singing songs they've heard the bigger clubs sing about a part time painter and decorator?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 01:45 - Apr 21 with 1116 viewsmonytowbray

Financial implications of Covid on ITFC on 20:16 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

Man Evans saving ITFC is the plot twist I had never considered. But thinking it gave me a bit of a twitch in my pants.

I think I’d cry if we got to the PL now. It would be like THE NIGHTMARE IS FINALLY F*CKING OVER.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024