Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most terrifying music ever 21:27 - Apr 20 with 1763 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Most terrifying music ever on 21:34 - Apr 20 with 1534 viewsWeWereZombies

Because it meant my six year old daughter was going to insist on the whole album being played...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Most terrifying music ever on 21:36 - Apr 20 with 1531 viewsfooters

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Most terrifying music ever on 21:45 - Apr 20 with 1524 viewssparks

Most terrifying music ever on 21:36 - Apr 20 by footers

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Most terrifying music ever on 21:48 - Apr 20 with 1512 viewsNewcyBlue

When I was a kid Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds used to give me nightmares. But I loved it. Not the nightmares, the music.

There is a Jaws documentary where they talk about the music and the use of it. Between the music and the yellow barrels, they managed to create suspense. Which was handy, because a lot of the time the mechanical shark, Bruce, wasn’t working.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Most terrifying music ever on 21:50 - Apr 20 with 1510 viewsgainsboroughblue

This creeped me out as a kid.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Most terrifying music ever on 21:56 - Apr 20 with 1491 viewsmonytowbray

This is a thread I can back...

And finally, turn the lights low, turn the bass up, tune out and get lost in this...

[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 21:59]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Most terrifying music ever on 22:01 - Apr 20 with 1476 viewsmonytowbray

Also this, because f*ck off, that’s why.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0gL5Lq87XdjlrDXxRM7Bxc?si=EUUTz5E7TXy4UJ5oDsjUbw

TWTD never forgets…

Most terrifying music ever on 22:11 - Apr 20 with 1462 viewsMr_J

Go for a walk in the woods at night and put this on
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 22:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Most terrifying music ever on 22:14 - Apr 20 with 1452 viewsBrixtonBlue

Most terrifying music ever on 21:56 - Apr 20 by monytowbray

This is a thread I can back...

And finally, turn the lights low, turn the bass up, tune out and get lost in this...

[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 21:59]

Uh oh, here comes Callis with his crazy-shAt.

Ok, i give you this performance at the Mercury Music Awards. Make music like this please.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Most terrifying music ever on 22:17 - Apr 20 with 1437 viewsDarth_Koont

Sort of terrifying. The most genuinely terrifying though is :

Pronouns: He/Him

Most terrifying music ever on 23:04 - Apr 20 with 1390 viewsEnigma_Blue

Most terrifying music ever on 23:20 - Apr 20 with 1379 viewsmonytowbray

Most terrifying music ever on 22:14 - Apr 20 by BrixtonBlue

Ok, i give you this performance at the Mercury Music Awards. Make music like this please.

I’m pretty sure my housemate who’s very much into his Mogwai/Steve Abini/Melvins sh1t told me to check this band out. Did you listen to the Daughters track above? I think you’ll like that if this is your vibe. It’s similar but darker.

Black Midi have a real The Fall vibe to it, I’m feeling it man.

Have you heard Part Chimp. My housemate got me very late to the party on them recently.

Also think you might dig this whilst it’s 11pm and I’m off on one with music RN anyway...

TWTD never forgets…

Most terrifying music ever on 00:02 - Apr 21 with 1361 viewsBrixtonBlue

Most terrifying music ever on 23:20 - Apr 20 by monytowbray

I’m pretty sure my housemate who’s very much into his Mogwai/Steve Abini/Melvins sh1t told me to check this band out. Did you listen to the Daughters track above? I think you’ll like that if this is your vibe. It’s similar but darker.

Black Midi have a real The Fall vibe to it, I’m feeling it man.

Have you heard Part Chimp. My housemate got me very late to the party on them recently.

Also think you might dig this whilst it’s 11pm and I’m off on one with music RN anyway...

Listened to your first batch now, all pretty good through headphones. The first one would've been good with a signer IMO, the last one was truly disturbing. Really like the Daughters and Skrillax tracks.

I see what you mean about The Fall with Black Midi... I also thought Eartha Kit!

Most terrifying music ever on 00:58 - Apr 21 with 1333 viewsStNeotsBlue

Most terrifying music ever on 22:14 - Apr 20 by BrixtonBlue

I don't get the hype for Black Midi, the singer's voice sounds like he's taking the piss, reminds me of the devil bit in that Tenacious D song where they'd wrote the greatest song. Not my bag at all.
Most terrifying music ever on 01:05 - Apr 21 with 1330 viewsmonytowbray

Most terrifying music ever on 00:02 - Apr 21 by BrixtonBlue

Listened to your first batch now, all pretty good through headphones. The first one would've been good with a signer IMO, the last one was truly disturbing. Really like the Daughters and Skrillax tracks.

I see what you mean about The Fall with Black Midi... I also thought Eartha Kit!

There’s an Ipswich band called Project Mork you should look up too. I think you’ll dig the weirdness of that.

TWTD never forgets…

Most terrifying music ever on 01:09 - Apr 21 with 1326 viewsBrixtonBlue

Most terrifying music ever on 00:58 - Apr 21 by StNeotsBlue

I don't get the hype for Black Midi, the singer's voice sounds like he's taking the piss, reminds me of the devil bit in that Tenacious D song where they'd wrote the greatest song. Not my bag at all.

I like someone who's voice is a bit different.

Most terrifying music ever on 01:12 - Apr 21 with 1324 viewsmonytowbray

Most terrifying music ever on 00:58 - Apr 21 by StNeotsBlue

I always felt like that about Battles on Mirrored. Then again Mark E. Smith was often being a sarcastic smart ass in his words too.

It’s very avant garde the Black Midi vocals. Reminds me of Scott Walker.

Speaking of which he did a record with SunnO))) if you wanna go down a weird hole when Avant Garde meets a low frequency Doom band with no drummer and...

I can’t do SunnO))) justice. You’ll hear it and be like this is just noise and it is. But live it’s an experience. You don’t go to a SunnO))) gig, you EXPERIENCE them. Even Youtube videos can’t sell it. I fully recommend going when they next play the UK.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 1:13]

TWTD never forgets…

Most terrifying music ever on 07:52 - Apr 21 with 1224 viewsWeWereZombies

Most terrifying music ever on 23:04 - Apr 20 by Enigma_Blue

I almost find the idea that 'Tubular Bells' is scary to be objectional. To me it is an evocative piece that projects warmth, fond memories and a tableaux of early seventies types or a car ride through rolling hills towards an idyllic beach on a sun drenched coast. Perhaps this illustrates the deceptions that the senses can bring to the processing parts of our brain and how that is dependent upon first impressions. Because for many people around the World the first time they heard 'Tubular Bells' was a fragment used in the soundtrack of 'The Exorcist' but for most British people it was a fragment used in an advert for The Milk Marketing Board as the background for a homely farmer setting off and milking his friendly looking herd in loving soft focus (and I can't find that ad on YouTube to demonstrate this so I am waiting for the usual suspects to accuse me of remembering it wrong because in actual fact the farmer went mad and topped all the cows with a shotgun).

Sorry, rant over.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 8:02]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Most terrifying music ever on 09:03 - Apr 21 with 1198 viewsGeoffSentence

Most terrifying music ever on 21:48 - Apr 20 by NewcyBlue

When I was a kid Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds used to give me nightmares. But I loved it. Not the nightmares, the music.

There is a Jaws documentary where they talk about the music and the use of it. Between the music and the yellow barrels, they managed to create suspense. Which was handy, because a lot of the time the mechanical shark, Bruce, wasn’t working.

The music didn't give me nightmares, but that 1950's film adaption of it did. The nights I lay wake in case a martian probe came snaking into my bedroom.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Most terrifying music ever on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 1168 viewsPJH

Most terrifying music ever on 23:04 - Apr 20 by Enigma_Blue

Until I googled "Exorcist theme tune" with a view to posting that on here-because seeing the film when it first came out was terrifying-I did not realise that this was the theme from the film.
Most terrifying music ever on 10:46 - Apr 21 with 1151 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Most terrifying music ever on 12:06 - Apr 21 with 1117 viewsEnigma_Blue

Most terrifying music ever on 07:52 - Apr 21 by WeWereZombies

I almost find the idea that 'Tubular Bells' is scary to be objectional. To me it is an evocative piece that projects warmth, fond memories and a tableaux of early seventies types or a car ride through rolling hills towards an idyllic beach on a sun drenched coast. Perhaps this illustrates the deceptions that the senses can bring to the processing parts of our brain and how that is dependent upon first impressions. Because for many people around the World the first time they heard 'Tubular Bells' was a fragment used in the soundtrack of 'The Exorcist' but for most British people it was a fragment used in an advert for The Milk Marketing Board as the background for a homely farmer setting off and milking his friendly looking herd in loving soft focus (and I can't find that ad on YouTube to demonstrate this so I am waiting for the usual suspects to accuse me of remembering it wrong because in actual fact the farmer went mad and topped all the cows with a shotgun).

Sorry, rant over.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 8:02]

I am assuming the Milk Marketing board advert came out in the 70s. I wasn't born until the late 70s. The first time I ever heard this tune was when I watched the Exorcist for the first time about 20 years ago. I didn't even realise it was Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells until years later. Perhaps if I had been born 10 years earlier and had seen The Milk Marketing board advert the tune would evoke different emotions in me but it's only natural to associate a song to the feeling you felt when you first heard it.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 12:08]
Most terrifying music ever on 17:36 - Apr 21 with 1068 viewsEireannach_gorm

This is quite good but the winner is clearly Jaws.

Most terrifying music ever on 18:23 - Apr 21 with 1048 viewsEwan_Oozami

This

Used by rogue states everywhere to torture dissidents and parents of small children....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Most terrifying music ever on 18:37 - Apr 21 with 1035 viewsLofotBlue

And Diamanda Galas of course!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024