Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans the man vs Marcus Evans are football owner 10:53 - Apr 21 with 626 viewsTerry_Nutkins

ME rightly gets criticism on here given our backward progress particularly over the last 4-5 years. With everything going on and reflecting I think important to seperate the man and the owner (especially when digs often slip into personal insults). Just my thoughts:

The Man:

Credit where due. NHS donations, topping up furloughed staff, seems to be fairly generous on ticket prices/promotions. Speaks well and i think he does care about the club..Decent guy.

The Owner:

Some seriously bad footballing mistakes. Put wrong people around him at times and some bad decisions, Selling players cheap has been biggest annoyance for me etc and not investing when we were challenging etc. Allowed infrastructure to fall apart a bit. Doesn't have the money to put in to make a real difference. Can't afford to take us where.we want.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Marcus Evans the man vs Marcus Evans are football owner on 11:06 - Apr 21 with 574 viewsBlueBadger

In the 'bad' you forgot the whole 'persistently keeps obviously failing managers on for far, far too long'.
He's on his third offence for that one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Marcus Evans the man vs Marcus Evans are football owner on 12:57 - Apr 21 with 504 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Marcus Evans the man vs Marcus Evans are football owner on 11:06 - Apr 21 by BlueBadger

In the 'bad' you forgot the whole 'persistently keeps obviously failing managers on for far, far too long'.
He's on his third offence for that one.

Filed under bad footballing mistakes. You have a point. Maybe comes under a positive under 'the man' section. I think he has tried to give managers space and free reign and listened to them and given time. In reality Allowing Hurst to het rid of everyone and replace with guff was horrendous!!

Can understand Mick - was doing a good job ...but he should have stepped in before it went SO toxic. I know we differ a bit on Lambert but he cant let it get that far. IF Lambert starts the season and we arent up there after 6-7 games it can't linger on like Mick.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Marcus Evans the man vs Marcus Evans are football owner on 13:22 - Apr 21 with 477 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think that's fair, based on the proviso that we don't see much of the man. I believe there have been various uncomplimentary noises about the way he's treated people in the club in the past, but I've no idea if those are truthful (and bosses never keep everyone happy). As you say, from what we've seen he seems to genuinely care and want to do well.

His record on the football side has been awful, but it's never nice to see people make it personal (that's a minority of people though - he'd be getting a lot more grief with fans of some other clubs).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus Evans the man vs Marcus Evans are football owner on 13:24 - Apr 21 with 471 viewsBlueBadger

Marcus Evans the man vs Marcus Evans are football owner on 12:57 - Apr 21 by Terry_Nutkins

Filed under bad footballing mistakes. You have a point. Maybe comes under a positive under 'the man' section. I think he has tried to give managers space and free reign and listened to them and given time. In reality Allowing Hurst to het rid of everyone and replace with guff was horrendous!!

Can understand Mick - was doing a good job ...but he should have stepped in before it went SO toxic. I know we differ a bit on Lambert but he cant let it get that far. IF Lambert starts the season and we arent up there after 6-7 games it can't linger on like Mick.

Lambert should have lost his job at the end of last season. Even accounting for the difficulty of the job in front of him, he failed spectacularly. We couldn't even overcome a crisis-ridden Bolton, FFS.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Marcus Evans the man vs Marcus Evans are football owner on 14:24 - Apr 21 with 428 viewsDurovigutum

Have you ever worked for a boss who was a "nice" person but just not competent at his/her job? You couldn't get angry at their incompetence or the extra work you had to do to cover their ineptitude, because they were "lovely" - but in the end you had to leave because it was bad for your health and you'd never get the job because the Peter Principle had kicked in and they had exceeded their level. It's ME with football - he's obviously excellent at his core skill set but hasn't transferred this across....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024