Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these 15:57 - Apr 21 with 47158 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:01 - Apr 21 with 10895 viewsgiant_stow

Phil could you sticky this maybe? I know you might not want to, but stop being silly.

Stokie, how do we use that email to purchase?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 16:02]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:01 - Apr 21 with 10879 viewsfooters

Do you get a special tag to put on your avatar if you donate?

Luckily for Phil, Gav and Mark it's payday here at footers Towers and I'm in the mood to spend recklessly.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:04 - Apr 21 with 10849 viewsJ2BLUE

Three jeers for cheera!

Great stuff.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:07 - Apr 21 with 10836 viewsBrixtonBlue

An excellent idea, well done Jeera.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:08 - Apr 21 with 10831 viewsjeera

Well written Stokie.

Cheers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:11 - Apr 21 with 10808 viewsNewcyBlue

Well written Stokie.

Lovely idea Jeera. You’re a true gent.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:12 - Apr 21 with 10719 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good post Stokie. As I said previously count me in. And well done to Jeera for starting this.

edit. Just clicked your link and it takes me to a google page mostly featuring posts from herbievore.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 16:13]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:18 - Apr 21 with 10775 viewsHarry_Palmer

Great idea folks, and I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Count me in.
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:19 - Apr 21 with 10762 viewsSpruceMoose

Done, thanks guys. And thanks to all at TWTD Towers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:20 - Apr 21 with 10665 viewsGlasgowBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:04 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Three jeers for cheera!

Great stuff.

If it's £24 per username then this could bankrupt Blueas.

Iron Lion Zion

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:22 - Apr 21 with 10657 viewsGlasgowBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:19 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

How have you got this to work? Stokie's link isn't working for me as above. I may be a bit thick.

Iron Lion Zion

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:22 - Apr 21 with 10737 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:19 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

Stupid question...

Did you put payment to friend/family or service?

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:23 - Apr 21 with 10729 viewsGuthrum

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:22 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

How have you got this to work? Stokie's link isn't working for me as above. I may be a bit thick.

PM Gav, if all else fails.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:24 - Apr 21 with 10711 viewsfooters

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:22 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Stupid question...

Sent an invoice for continued quality posting.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:25 - Apr 21 with 10708 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:22 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

It's not a link. It's a Paypal email address. Log in, click send money and put that address in.

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:25 - Apr 21 with 10694 viewsSpruceMoose

Just sent money to the email address listed through my Paypal account on the Paypal website. It's an email address not a website grandpa!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:26 - Apr 21 with 10699 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:24 - Apr 21 by footers

Sent an invoice for continued quality posting.

I forgot I hired you as my PA

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:26 - Apr 21 with 10697 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Presumably subscribing also comes with gold-plated banhammer protection?

Asking for a friend

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:26 - Apr 21 with 10680 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:22 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Stupid question...

I'm not sure if I get different options on the US site? I think it was something like 'Goods or Services' for me.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:27 - Apr 21 with 10682 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:26 - Apr 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Asking for a friend

Apparently if you put the right amount you get a free choice of one poster!

At least that was something I asked for, but no one's replied yet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:27 - Apr 21 with 10668 viewsfooters

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:26 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

I forgot I hired you as my PA

I shouldn't have given an uppie, but you deserve it.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:27 - Apr 21 with 10664 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:26 - Apr 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Asking for a friend

And mod rights...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:28 - Apr 21 with 10686 viewsPhilTWTD

Thanks everybody, that's very nice of all of you and very much appreciated. Like most media we're struggling a bit as ad rates are very low at the moment and we're covering our costs and not too much more as things are at present. We've put Gav on furlough which is why he's not been about so address any queries to me and I'll try to sort them, although probably not with the usual speed or efficiency.

I do think the community aspect of this site has been one of its strengths in a way we certainly didn't plan back when it started in the mid-nineties, beyond the football and Town-related stuff, things like the coronavirus crisis help thread, people talking about mental health issues etc, which have been far more down to posters than ourselves. It is quite humbling that it's become such a part of people's lives for so many years.

Again, many thanks for thinking of us, it is very flattering and appreciated by us both.

Phil

This post has been edited by an administrator
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:28 - Apr 21 with 10577 viewsGlasgowBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:25 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

Just sent money to the email address listed through my Paypal account on the Paypal website. It's an email address not a website grandpa!

Gotcha. I was being thick then.

Iron Lion Zion

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:28 - Apr 21 with 10657 viewsStokieBlue

Apologies, I should have added more instructions.

Phil should be able to add a direct link himself later.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024