Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these 15:57 - Apr 21 with 47155 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:29 - Apr 21 with 3682 viewsSteve_M

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:26 - Apr 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Presumably subscribing also comes with gold-plated banhammer protection?

Asking for a friend

I'm told that this sort of assumption is one reason the subscription option has only been rolled out to a small number of users prior to this point.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:29 - Apr 21 with 3679 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:28 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Thanks everybody, that's very nice of all of you and very much appreciated. Like most media we're struggling a bit as ad rates are very low at the moment and we're covering our costs and not too much more as things are at present. We've put Gav on furlough which is why he's not been about so address any queries to me and I'll try to sort them, although probably not with the usual speed or efficiency.

I do think the community aspect of this site has been one of its strengths in a way we certainly didn't plan back when it started in the mid-nineties, beyond the football and Town-related stuff, things like the coronavirus crisis help thread, people talking about mental health issues etc, which have been far more down to posters than ourselves. It is quite humbling that it's become such a part of people's lives for so many years.

Again, many thanks for thinking of us, it is very flattering and appreciated by us both.

Phil

Gav clearly needs a boost.

Tell him I forgive him for stealing my 11,000 up votes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:30 - Apr 21 with 3673 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:28 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Thanks everybody, that's very nice of all of you and very much appreciated. Like most media we're struggling a bit as ad rates are very low at the moment and we're covering our costs and not too much more as things are at present. We've put Gav on furlough which is why he's not been about so address any queries to me and I'll try to sort them, although probably not with the usual speed or efficiency.

I do think the community aspect of this site has been one of its strengths in a way we certainly didn't plan back when it started in the mid-nineties, beyond the football and Town-related stuff, things like the coronavirus crisis help thread, people talking about mental health issues etc, which have been far more down to posters than ourselves. It is quite humbling that it's become such a part of people's lives for so many years.

Again, many thanks for thinking of us, it is very flattering and appreciated by us both.

Phil

You've created a very loving monster. Thanks Phil and Gav.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 3673 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:29 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

You don't though, not really.

I can tell the resentment is alive and well and burning deep down.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 3670 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:29 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

I will do, that will be a great weight off his mind, I'm sure.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:33 - Apr 21 with 3660 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:31 - Apr 21 by jeera

You don't though, not really.

I can tell the resentment is alive and well and burning deep down.

No, I am a new man now.

I forgive everyone. Except Newcy.

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:33 - Apr 21 with 3654 viewsfooters

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:31 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

I will do, that will be a great weight off his mind, I'm sure.

And when he comes back he can change J2's name back to lowercase too. That'll give him something to look forward to.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:35 - Apr 21 with 3638 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:33 - Apr 21 by footers

And when he comes back he can change J2's name back to lowercase too. That'll give him something to look forward to.

I remember Gav making me suffer as SpruceMouse for a few minutes in the matchday chatroom once upon a time.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:35 - Apr 21 with 3637 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:33 - Apr 21 by footers

Doubt it. I can't think of one poster with a lower case name who is at my level of greatness.

jeera is about three quarters of the way there. The rest? Er...

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:36 - Apr 21 with 3630 viewsPJH

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:12 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Good post Stokie. As I said previously count me in. And well done to Jeera for starting this.

edit. Just clicked your link and it takes me to a google page mostly featuring posts from herbievore.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 16:13]

That's where I end up too.

What link?

I googled paypal@twtd.co.uk.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 3618 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:36 - Apr 21 by PJH

What link?

You need to log in to your account on the Paypal website and send your payment to paypal@twtd.co.uk as it's an email address not a web address.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 3617 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:36 - Apr 21 by PJH

What link?

There is no link. That is a payment email address.

See Stokie's instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:39 - Apr 21 with 3609 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:26 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure if I get different options on the US site? I think it was something like 'Goods or Services' for me.

Balls to it, I put friend so there's no fees.

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:40 - Apr 21 with 3600 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:39 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Balls to it, I put friend so there's no fees.

Congratulations! Your first friend, even though you needed to pay for it!

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:41 - Apr 21 with 3599 viewsBluestu

Done - Keep up the good work Phil
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:42 - Apr 21 with 3600 viewsMullet

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:35 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

I remember Gav making me suffer as SpruceMouse for a few minutes in the matchday chatroom once upon a time.

Phil once edited my post to say I was scared of tortoises. I’ve only just finished the therapy and binge eating of Toblerones to get over it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:43 - Apr 21 with 3585 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:40 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

Congratulations! Your first friend, even though you needed to pay for it!

Reminds me of when I first had sex.

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:43 - Apr 21 with 3582 viewsPJH

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:38 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

There is no link. That is a payment email address.

See Stokie's instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

Yes thanks, doing it now but apparently I have to open a PayPal account first?
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:44 - Apr 21 with 3576 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:43 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Reminds me of when I first had sex.

How much did Phil and Gav charge for that?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:45 - Apr 21 with 3565 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:44 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

How much did Phil and Gav charge for that?

£100 for the shag and I had to pay the cameraman.

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:46 - Apr 21 with 3559 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:45 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

£100 for the shag and I had to pay the cameraman.

Would have been more than 100 quid to cover his therapy costs surely?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:48 - Apr 21 with 3547 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:46 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

Would have been more than 100 quid to cover his therapy costs surely?

They didn't do it themselves, they provided a poster.

Can't remember the username. Something like BigMouthHeadStupid.

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:48 - Apr 21 with 3540 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:42 - Apr 21 by Mullet

Phil once edited my post to say I was scared of tortoises. I’ve only just finished the therapy and binge eating of Toblerones to get over it.

I'd forgotten that!
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:49 - Apr 21 with 3537 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:30 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

You've created a very loving monster. Thanks Phil and Gav.

Cheers Mr Moose.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:52 - Apr 21 with 3525 viewsMullet

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:48 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

I'd forgotten that!

Look at that everyone, glee! Not a shred of remorse at all!

It still makes me chuckle now and again. It was like being two-footed by Matt Holland.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024