Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these 15:57 - Apr 21 with 47287 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:01 - Apr 21 with 5105 viewsPJH

I think I have done it.

I will also bump my Champions Of England thread next week for free.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:13 - Apr 21 with 5072 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:01 - Apr 21 by PJH

I think I have done it.

I will also bump my Champions Of England thread next week for free.

We're all proud of you mate.

Heh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:14 - Apr 21 with 5066 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nicely written up SB, and great idea from Jeera.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:19 - Apr 21 with 5056 viewsFunge

Nice one SB.

Nice one Phil and Gav.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:20 - Apr 21 with 5052 viewsNewcyBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:33 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

No, I am a new man now.

I forgive everyone. Except Newcy.

You love me.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 5044 viewsDarth_Koont

Great stuff, Stokie and jeera!

Pronouns: He/Him

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:08 - Apr 21 with 5007 viewsKeno

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:28 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Thanks everybody, that's very nice of all of you and very much appreciated. Like most media we're struggling a bit as ad rates are very low at the moment and we're covering our costs and not too much more as things are at present. We've put Gav on furlough which is why he's not been about so address any queries to me and I'll try to sort them, although probably not with the usual speed or efficiency.

I do think the community aspect of this site has been one of its strengths in a way we certainly didn't plan back when it started in the mid-nineties, beyond the football and Town-related stuff, things like the coronavirus crisis help thread, people talking about mental health issues etc, which have been far more down to posters than ourselves. It is quite humbling that it's become such a part of people's lives for so many years.

Again, many thanks for thinking of us, it is very flattering and appreciated by us both.

Phil

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cant believe no one had replied "SUQ"!!

Phil Gav and News thanks for all you do and the 'community' you have built

what would we all do without you

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:25 - Apr 21 with 4979 viewsEwan_Oozami

Great idea SB! I'm in!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:32 - Apr 21 with 4968 viewsBrixtonBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:27 - Apr 21 by jeera

Apparently if you put the right amount you get a free choice of one poster!

At least that was something I asked for, but no one's replied yet.

Free choice of one poster to do what with?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:32 - Apr 21 with 4967 viewsBrixtonBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:12 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Good post Stokie. As I said previously count me in. And well done to Jeera for starting this.

edit. Just clicked your link and it takes me to a google page mostly featuring posts from herbievore.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 16:13]

Love your avatar Glassers.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 4965 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:32 - Apr 21 by BrixtonBlue

Free choice of one poster to do what with?

Have them banned.

The trick here is not to jump too soon and waste your pick. Someone else will pick Blubbers soon enough.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:38 - Apr 21 with 4954 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:34 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Have them banned.

The trick here is not to jump too soon and waste your pick. Someone else will pick Blubbers soon enough.

This is it. If you only get to play the card once you want to get it right.

I can assure you that neither you nor Dollers would be on my list.*

Actually there seems to be a pleasant crowd atm anyway, but it would be nice to have one in the bank for a rainy day.

Or an argumentative Friday night.

*Edit: or anyone else at present.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 18:40]

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:55 - Apr 21 with 4931 viewsPendejo

Done.

Do I get an Audi now?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:22 - Apr 21 with 4918 viewsGavTWTD

I can only reiterate what Phil has said really, but thanks everyone. It's remarkable that people are sending us their hard-earned and it's appreciated.

Keep safe everyone and good health.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:36 - Apr 21 with 4894 viewsBluestu

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:22 - Apr 21 by GavTWTD

I can only reiterate what Phil has said really, but thanks everyone. It's remarkable that people are sending us their hard-earned and it's appreciated.

Keep safe everyone and good health.

If it makes you feel better, mine isn’t hard earned!

Bluffed my way through the last 30 years to earn reasonable money.

Seriously though as someone who isn’t hit by the current issues too badly it’s good to help out where we can. Only drop in comments about once every six Months but a daily reader so happy to support the site!
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:39 - Apr 21 with 4885 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:36 - Apr 21 by Bluestu

If it makes you feel better, mine isn’t hard earned!

Bluffed my way through the last 30 years to earn reasonable money.

Seriously though as someone who isn’t hit by the current issues too badly it’s good to help out where we can. Only drop in comments about once every six Months but a daily reader so happy to support the site!

Then you should drop by the forum more often.

You get to argue and be insulted and all sorts on a regular basis.

Sometimes you get help with your grammar whether you want it or not.

It's really educational in many ways.

And you get to meet some really good people too.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 19:40]

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:47 - Apr 21 with 4873 viewsMullet

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:39 - Apr 21 by jeera

No you don't.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:51 - Apr 21 with 4868 viewsPJH

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:47 - Apr 21 by Mullet

No you don't.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:52 - Apr 21 with 4866 viewsfooters

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:39 - Apr 21 by jeera

Fck off.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:56 - Apr 21 with 4853 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:47 - Apr 21 by Mullet

No you don't.

And the likes of you herberts.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:35 - Apr 21 with 4825 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:08 - Apr 21 by Keno

Cant believe no one had replied "SUQ"!!

Phil Gav and News thanks for all you do and the 'community' you have built

what would we all do without you

Cheers Keno.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:24 - Apr 21 with 4787 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:12 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Good post Stokie. As I said previously count me in. And well done to Jeera for starting this.

edit. Just clicked your link and it takes me to a google page mostly featuring posts from herbievore.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 16:13]

Appreciate the sentiment.

There's no denying we are very fortunate to have an excellent site, run by excellent people.

I know I take it for granted each day when I just log on expecting it to all be there for me by magic, to entertain and inform me. Even with no football available Phil doesn't choose to sit back and do nothing, he actively hunts down ex players and gets interviews and posts them for us to evaluate.

Great stuff all round.

A place to chat and find company, to thrash out opinions and spread information and offers of help to those who may be struggling.

It's a real privilege and a credit to the owners. And it's not a big deal for us to say a small thank you.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:32 - Apr 21 with 4774 viewsblueislander

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:24 - Apr 21 by jeera

Appreciate the sentiment.

There's no denying we are very fortunate to have an excellent site, run by excellent people.

I know I take it for granted each day when I just log on expecting it to all be there for me by magic, to entertain and inform me. Even with no football available Phil doesn't choose to sit back and do nothing, he actively hunts down ex players and gets interviews and posts them for us to evaluate.

Great stuff all round.

A place to chat and find company, to thrash out opinions and spread information and offers of help to those who may be struggling.

It's a real privilege and a credit to the owners. And it's not a big deal for us to say a small thank you.

I really want to subscribe , but, having been ripped off using PayPal, I refuse to use them .what alternatives are there?
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:37 - Apr 21 with 4767 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:32 - Apr 21 by blueislander

I really want to subscribe , but, having been ripped off using PayPal, I refuse to use them .what alternatives are there?

I think if you use the direct link and make a payment via your own card rather than going PP to PP maybe?

Others more switched on than me may be able to offer sounder advice.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:40 - Apr 21 with 4764 viewsblueislander

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:37 - Apr 21 by jeera

I think if you use the direct link and make a payment via your own card rather than going PP to PP maybe?

Others more switched on than me may be able to offer sounder advice.

Cheers. Will try that tomorrow when I am more awake.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024