Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these 15:57 - Apr 21 with 47285 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:28 - Apr 26 with 6822 viewsEdwardStone

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:59 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

I patiently wait for the day I get the Arab dating ad again. That contained one of the best looking women i've ever seen.

Need to enjoy these ads while we can before truly targeted ads come in.

'J2, sign up for Bargain Basement Dating and you might eventually bag a 4/10'

I suspect that the ads one gets offered depend on which websites other than TWTD one frequents

I myself frequently get offered pictures of sweet looking bathing beauties wearing only the most grippy of beachwear; it really does look quite uncomfortable

I suspect that this is due to my having visited a couple of websites to investigate the podiatry requirements of Ungates, family Camelidea.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:51 - Apr 26 with 6799 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:28 - Apr 26 by EdwardStone

I suspect that the ads one gets offered depend on which websites other than TWTD one frequents

I myself frequently get offered pictures of sweet looking bathing beauties wearing only the most grippy of beachwear; it really does look quite uncomfortable

I suspect that this is due to my having visited a couple of websites to investigate the podiatry requirements of Ungates, family Camelidea.

Yep, I can see that, but I am at the moment getting ads for 'new chic'. In the past I often get ads for 'boo hoo', schein (?) and various other women's brands and retailers. I never visit any of these sites. I suspect a woman I have had some email and text contact with has managed to figure out how to track what sites I visit and is subliminally telling me that she is hard up and someone should be buying her some clothes if they want to go out with her.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:14 - Apr 26 with 6762 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:51 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

Yep, I can see that, but I am at the moment getting ads for 'new chic'. In the past I often get ads for 'boo hoo', schein (?) and various other women's brands and retailers. I never visit any of these sites. I suspect a woman I have had some email and text contact with has managed to figure out how to track what sites I visit and is subliminally telling me that she is hard up and someone should be buying her some clothes if they want to go out with her.

To help explain the ''boo hoo'' ones... have you ever booed at a football match?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:19 - Apr 26 with 6758 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:14 - Apr 26 by hoppy

To help explain the ''boo hoo'' ones... have you ever booed at a football match?

Well that day that Danny Sonner came off the bench wearing a halter neck in combination with a choker was the final straw...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:50 - Apr 28 with 6597 viewsthebluewizzard

Have a question and don't know if this has been asked before, if you don't have a paypal account and really don't want to sign up for one is there any other way to pay?
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:28 - Apr 28 with 6578 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:50 - Apr 28 by thebluewizzard

Have a question and don't know if this has been asked before, if you don't have a paypal account and really don't want to sign up for one is there any other way to pay?

Hello mate.

Payments can be made direct to the TWTD paypal account via one's own card. Just select the option:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=D2aR5-_-ozHzJQyntxtmqo2JjkfecnuU4penfRqEG3g
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 14:13]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:09 - Apr 28 with 6557 viewsthebluewizzard

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:28 - Apr 28 by jeera

Hello mate.

Payments can be made direct to the TWTD paypal account via one's own card. Just select the option:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=D2aR5-_-ozHzJQyntxtmqo2JjkfecnuU4penfRqEG3g
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 14:13]

Done, many thanks for the help
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:33 - Apr 29 with 6505 viewsFixed_It

Just realised that I liked the post but never responded. Think this is a great idea and was very happy to contribute. TWTD has become an important part of my day-to-day life, and has consistently proven to be a great source of information, entertainment, amusement and debate. Keep up the good work Phil, Gav, Mark and all you wonderful members of the TWTD community (and even the not-so-wonderful ones!). Much love - take care everyone!
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 18:59]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:24 - Apr 29 with 6450 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:09 - Apr 28 by thebluewizzard

Done, many thanks for the help

Cheers, most appreciated.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:26 - Apr 29 with 6453 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:33 - Apr 29 by Fixed_It

Just realised that I liked the post but never responded. Think this is a great idea and was very happy to contribute. TWTD has become an important part of my day-to-day life, and has consistently proven to be a great source of information, entertainment, amusement and debate. Keep up the good work Phil, Gav, Mark and all you wonderful members of the TWTD community (and even the not-so-wonderful ones!). Much love - take care everyone!
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 18:59]

Cheers Fixed_It! Very nice to hear how impoerant the site has become to so many people.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 09:45 - Apr 30 with 6364 viewsGeoffSentence

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:26 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

Cheers Fixed_It! Very nice to hear how impoerant the site has become to so many people.

Just for balance I'd like to say that I hardly ever come on here, rarely post and when I do I find it a thoroughly miserable experience.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:25 - Apr 30 with 6349 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 09:45 - Apr 30 by GeoffSentence

Just for balance I'd like to say that I hardly ever come on here, rarely post and when I do I find it a thoroughly miserable experience.

We love you anyway.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:15 - May 1 with 6273 viewsGeoffSentence

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:25 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

We love you anyway.

Thanks Phil I am now experiencing a lovely warm feeling.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:42 - May 1 with 6265 viewsNewcyBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:15 - May 1 by GeoffSentence

Thanks Phil I am now experiencing a lovely warm feeling.

You’ve wet yourself.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 09:26 - May 8 with 5999 viewsMJallday

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:42 - May 1 by NewcyBlue

You’ve wet yourself.

What a lovely image

Also I’ll sort out a sub at some point. Been a tough month on the money front but this site has been responsible for many drunken meet-ups so I owe it

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:01 - May 8 with 5980 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 09:26 - May 8 by MJallday

What a lovely image

Also I’ll sort out a sub at some point. Been a tough month on the money front but this site has been responsible for many drunken meet-ups so I owe it

Maybe spending less on the S&M stuff may save a bit of dough?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:51 - May 8 with 5943 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:01 - May 8 by hoppy

Maybe spending less on the S&M stuff may save a bit of dough?

Subbuteo and Maltesers?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:38 - May 24 with 5577 viewsreusersfreekicks

Phil, have belatedly donated. Thanks to you and the others for a fantastic site. Pls de-ad me as I've said goodbye to all the Ukranian ladies desperate to meet me!
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:19 - May 25 with 5452 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:38 - May 24 by reusersfreekicks

Phil, have belatedly donated. Thanks to you and the others for a fantastic site. Pls de-ad me as I've said goodbye to all the Ukranian ladies desperate to meet me!

Thanks. OK will do.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:26 - May 31 with 5225 viewssolemio

I do not know how I have managed to remain unaware of the existence of this thread. Genuinely inexplicable. I shall donate today.

I'm on here far less than some folk, but I started in the previous millenium under a different name and am very grateful for all the work Phil and Gav do to keep us informed/entertained/out of mischief.

PS I have tried 4 times to donate without success, and unusually I don't think it's me being a thicko. I'll try again later today and/or tomorrow.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 12:14]
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:40 - Jun 3 with 5065 viewsRyorry

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:26 - May 31 by solemio

I do not know how I have managed to remain unaware of the existence of this thread. Genuinely inexplicable. I shall donate today.

I'm on here far less than some folk, but I started in the previous millenium under a different name and am very grateful for all the work Phil and Gav do to keep us informed/entertained/out of mischief.

PS I have tried 4 times to donate without success, and unusually I don't think it's me being a thicko. I'll try again later today and/or tomorrow.

How's it going thicko? (I know Phil & Gav love comments like this - happy to help :) )

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:09 - Jun 3 with 5024 viewssolemio

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:40 - Jun 3 by Ryorry

How's it going thicko? (I know Phil & Gav love comments like this - happy to help :) )

Hi, Ryorry. I have tried now 9 times to donate through PayPal, still without success.
I was thinking of PMing Phil to see whether there is some other way I can donate.

I'm not just one level of thickness; those folk are two-a-penny. I'm double thickness!

I've just had one more go and IT HAS WORKED!!! I am so clever - if only.

Thanks for your interest. I'm still hoping that sometime you'll make a post with which I disagree.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:13 - Jun 3 with 5010 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:26 - May 31 by solemio

Many thanks, very much appreciated.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:59 - Jul 23 with 3337 viewsPhilTWTD

Thanks to all those who contributed to this, it was most appreciated and we're both grateful for the help.

Probably time for all the lockdown-related stickies to be unstickied with things appearing to moving to a more normal footing.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:02 - Jul 23 with 3333 viewsfooters

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:59 - Jul 23 by PhilTWTD

Thanks to all those who contributed to this, it was most appreciated and we're both grateful for the help.

Probably time for all the lockdown-related stickies to be unstickied with things appearing to moving to a more normal footing.

Didn't realise you were a member of the Cabinet, Phil. Kept that one quiet.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024