Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Breakfast. 06:56 - Apr 22 with 3024 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Never was a viewer of early morning news channels, but since the covid-19 crisis, it,s coffee, e-cig and turn on the BBC breakfast news. Just realised why.................
It,s the Louise Minchin and Naga Munchetty effect. Foxy ladies.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

BBC Breakfast. on 09:57 - Apr 22 with 2822 viewsRadlett_blue

IMO BBC Breakfast has plummeted new depths. The puerile banter, especially involving Dan Walker & Sally Nugent, was already excruciating. Right now, it's difficult for news channels as there's only one depressing story, but Sky News has managed to stay relevant, while BBC keeps trawling the depths of near irrelevant "human interest" stories.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

BBC Breakfast. on 10:00 - Apr 22 with 2816 viewshampstead_blue

Have had a secret crush on them both for years.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

BBC Breakfast. on 10:08 - Apr 22 with 2804 viewsBloomBlue

I watch purely for Carol Kirkwood
BBC Breakfast. on 10:33 - Apr 22 with 2784 viewsPinewoodblue

Switch to Aljazeera.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

BBC Breakfast. on 10:39 - Apr 22 with 2770 viewsElephantintheRoom

By way of light relief and appropriate contempt of lying incompetent politicians I can recommend the occasional pressing of channel 3.... there you can admire susannah reid - and if you can stand him, see Piers Morgan mouthing off. They also have the amusing political hacks from the daily mail and daily mirror who decamped from bbc breakfast.

Personally I now find myself risking being flagged by Special Branch by watching Aljazeera news coverage over a morning cuppa... they not only give a globa.l perspective on pesky viruses - they even mention other things happening in the world.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

BBC Breakfast. on 10:41 - Apr 22 with 2768 viewsWeWereZombies

BBC Breakfast. on 10:33 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

Switch to Aljazeera.

I have to admit to looking at the Al Jazeera website in preference to the BBC when it comes to the grim but informative (to a limited extent given the differing way nations log the numbers) infection and death rates.

However, for those who are sensitive about criticism of the United Kingdom's government and response to Covid-19 I would suggest they stick to the BBC...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

BBC Breakfast. on 10:44 - Apr 22 with 2762 viewsNthQldITFC

There's something wrong with your telly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

BBC Breakfast. on 12:22 - Apr 22 with 2694 viewsEwan_Oozami

You can't beat Mexican Meteorology....always like to know what the weather is like in Guadalajara..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Breakfast. on 14:56 - Apr 22 with 2598 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

BBC Breakfast. on 10:44 - Apr 22 by NthQldITFC

There's something wrong with your telly.

You,re right, it is facing the wall. Wondered why my viewing experience was a tad dissapointing.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

BBC Breakfast. on 15:19 - Apr 22 with 2580 viewsJ2BLUE

BBC Breakfast. on 09:57 - Apr 22 by Radlett_blue

IMO BBC Breakfast has plummeted new depths. The puerile banter, especially involving Dan Walker & Sally Nugent, was already excruciating. Right now, it's difficult for news channels as there's only one depressing story, but Sky News has managed to stay relevant, while BBC keeps trawling the depths of near irrelevant "human interest" stories.

Sky News app is irritating me.

'Meet the people currently in lockdown'

It might be mildly interesting if the whole fooking country wasn't in lockdown. Why should I care about a few random people?

Also annoying me are the tv adverts talking to us like we are 5. I have never liked those irritating ads where they switch to a different person saying each sentence but they are especially irritating when people are putting on that talking-to-a-wounded-animal voice saying things like "we know it's hard not being able to do the things you normally do". Fook off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBC Breakfast. on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 2503 viewsrgp1

BBC Breakfast. on 15:19 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

It might be mildly interesting if the whole fooking country wasn't in lockdown. Why should I care about a few random people?

Also annoying me are the tv adverts talking to us like we are 5. I have never liked those irritating ads where they switch to a different person saying each sentence but they are especially irritating when people are putting on that talking-to-a-wounded-animal voice saying things like "we know it's hard not being able to do the things you normally do". Fook off.

Police state innit
BBC Breakfast. on 17:07 - Apr 22 with 2496 viewsrgp1

BBC Breakfast. on 15:19 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

So well put. Its like the whole of tv and media are addressing us as naughty fecking juveniles.
BBC Breakfast. on 17:43 - Apr 22 with 2472 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

BBC Breakfast. on 17:07 - Apr 22 by rgp1

So well put. Its like the whole of tv and media are addressing us as naughty fecking juveniles.

Unfortunately, some members of society still act like naughty fecking juveniles.

BBC Breakfast. on 17:49 - Apr 22 with 2457 viewsChutney

You've been in lockdown too long
BBC Breakfast. on 18:09 - Apr 22 with 2432 viewsPecker

Dan Walker is probably the worst presenter on TV. The women who do the sport aren't much better. 10 years ago the weather woman was worth a watch, but way past her best now. I can probably only stomach about 10 minutes at best.
BBC Breakfast. on 18:21 - Apr 22 with 2423 viewsblueislander

BBC Breakfast. on 18:09 - Apr 22 by Pecker

Dan Walker is probably the worst presenter on TV. The women who do the sport aren't much better. 10 years ago the weather woman was worth a watch, but way past her best now. I can probably only stomach about 10 minutes at best.

I would love to “stomach” Carol Kirkwood for 10 minutes.
BBC Breakfast. on 18:21 - Apr 22 with 2421 viewsrgp1

Agreed its the problem with the been, their obsession with political correctness makes it unpalatable for many to watch. At least Piers ( love or hate him) gets under peoples skin and asks uncomfortable questions and demands answers.
BBC Breakfast. on 18:36 - Apr 22 with 2404 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

BBC Breakfast. on 17:49 - Apr 22 by Chutney

You've been in lockdown too long

Possibly..........I,m also of a certain age.

BBC Breakfast. on 19:31 - Apr 22 with 2366 viewsWD19

BBC Breakfast. on 18:21 - Apr 22 by blueislander

I would love to “stomach” Carol Kirkwood for 10 minutes.

She isn’t a patch on Louise Lear. There is a woman of the world.
BBC Breakfast. on 19:39 - Apr 22 with 2354 viewspeterleeblue

What constitutes the lack of attributes that make Dan Walker the worst presenter on TV.?
BBC Breakfast. on 19:57 - Apr 22 with 2325 viewsPecker

BBC Breakfast. on 19:39 - Apr 22 by peterleeblue

What constitutes the lack of attributes that make Dan Walker the worst presenter on TV.?

Wooden. Unable to be serious. Talks to much when interviewing, rather than letting the interviewee talking. Always on his phone. Trying to be funny, when he isn't. Need I go on?
BBC Breakfast. on 22:50 - Apr 22 with 2236 viewsronnyd

BBC Breakfast. on 19:57 - Apr 22 by Pecker

Wooden. Unable to be serious. Talks to much when interviewing, rather than letting the interviewee talking. Always on his phone. Trying to be funny, when he isn't. Need I go on?

He's not called "Dopey Dan" for nothing.
BBC Breakfast. on 07:19 - Apr 23 with 2165 viewspeterleeblue

BBC Breakfast. on 19:57 - Apr 22 by Pecker

No you dont.
TBH I sort of agree.
Louise and Charlie are probably their best combo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024