Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? 11:23 - Apr 22 with 1388 viewshoppy

Those that Town was their first league club (not necessarily having come through the youth system)?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 11:32 - Apr 22 with 1361 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don't think so.

SBR's era will dominate as usual. Mick Mills, Whymark, The Beat of course, Warky, Brazil, Butcher, etc. There'll be room for some of the era before too - Ted Phillips, Billy Baxter.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 11:43 - Apr 22 with 1342 viewshoppy

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 11:32 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

Don't think so.

SBR's era will dominate as usual. Mick Mills, Whymark, The Beat of course, Warky, Brazil, Butcher, etc. There'll be room for some of the era before too - Ted Phillips, Billy Baxter.

I think I'd have Dalian Atkinson in that one myself. I haven't got a whole team yet though.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 11:57 - Apr 22 with 1327 viewsbluefunk

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 11:43 - Apr 22 by hoppy

I think I'd have Dalian Atkinson in that one myself. I haven't got a whole team yet though.

Wright
Burley Beattie Butcher Mills
Viljoen. Wark Talbot. Woods
Atkinson. Wickham
Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 12:18 - Apr 22 with 1304 viewsITFC_Forever

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 11:57 - Apr 22 by bluefunk

Wright
Burley Beattie Butcher Mills
Viljoen. Wark Talbot. Woods
Atkinson. Wickham

Wickham ahead of Brazil????

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 12:54 - Apr 22 with 1275 viewsbluefunk

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 12:18 - Apr 22 by ITFC_Forever

Fair point, I should also have found a place for Mich D’Avray😉
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 12:54]
Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 13:02 - Apr 22 with 1268 viewsoneoffposter

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 12:18 - Apr 22 by ITFC_Forever

I’d also suggest Kiwomya, Scowcroft and Bent are comfortably better options too
Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 14:25 - Apr 22 with 1224 viewsmonty_radio

Ray Crawford was part of an abandoned Portsmouth youth policy so should qualify under O.P.'s rules - in which case, forget your Wickhams and D'avrays.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 14:44 - Apr 22 with 1204 viewsRadlett_blue

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 14:25 - Apr 22 by monty_radio

Ray Crawford was part of an abandoned Portsmouth youth policy so should qualify under O.P.'s rules - in which case, forget your Wickhams and D'avrays.

Crawford played 19 times for Pompey before joining Town aged 22 so sadly he doesn't count.
Keiron Dyer should be in the midfield.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 14:49 - Apr 22 with 1202 viewsPendejo

From players I've seen

Wright
Burley Beattie Butcher McCall
Woods Osborne Wark Talbot
Gates Brazil

Wright, McCall and Wark are the only 3 here who played some their football for Ipswich below top tier.
Have excluded Mills as was unsure as to whether he had played for Portsmouth or not.

4 x Suffolk / Norfolk born
3 x Scots
3 x Northerners [2 of whom were born in Carlisle]
1 x "foreigner"

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 14:57 - Apr 22 with 1198 viewsRadlett_blue

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 14:49 - Apr 22 by Pendejo

From players I've seen

Wright
Burley Beattie Butcher McCall
Woods Osborne Wark Talbot
Gates Brazil

Wright, McCall and Wark are the only 3 here who played some their football for Ipswich below top tier.
Have excluded Mills as was unsure as to whether he had played for Portsmouth or not.

4 x Suffolk / Norfolk born
3 x Scots
3 x Northerners [2 of whom were born in Carlisle]
1 x "foreigner"

Mills left Pompey when they abandoned their reserve & youth teams & he never played for their first team so he counts.
Wright
Mills Osman Butcher Beattie
Wark Dyer Gates Talbot
Whymark Brazil

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 21:21 - Apr 25 with 1042 viewsmonty_radio

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 14:44 - Apr 22 by Radlett_blue

Crawford played 19 times for Pompey before joining Town aged 22 so sadly he doesn't count.
Keiron Dyer should be in the midfield.

Realise I confused him with Mills

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 21:31 - Apr 25 with 1033 viewsmonty_radio

Wright
Burley Osman Butcher Beattie
Viljoen Wark Woods
Gates
Brazil Phillips

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 22:31 - Apr 25 with 988 viewsChurchman

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 21:31 - Apr 25 by monty_radio

Wright
Burley Osman Butcher Beattie
Viljoen Wark Woods
Gates
Brazil Phillips

That’s one heck of a team. I might slip Whymark in instead of Brazil, but otherwise for me that lot would take some beating.
Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 23:02 - Apr 25 with 972 viewsmonty_radio

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 22:31 - Apr 25 by Churchman

That’s one heck of a team. I might slip Whymark in instead of Brazil, but otherwise for me that lot would take some beating.

I always liked Whymark, no-one was better in the air. But his team mates speak so highly of Brazil, and he did score those five that night v Southampton.

Has anyone done a Best XI of Ipswich produced players? on 23:20 - Apr 25 with 963 viewssoclopath

Wickham not fit to clean Ray Crawford's boots
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024