Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Whitty 19:01 - Apr 22 with 2928 viewsvapour_trail

Just pretty much confirmed that social distancing is with us for a minimum of twelve months.

So in terms of the elderly and vulnerable, are we anticipating that they will be asked to pretty much isolate at home for that period?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Chris Whitty on 19:04 - Apr 22 with 2426 viewsLord_Lucan

Mother won't stand for that, she'll end up looking like a mid 80's Billy Connolly

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Chris Whitty on 19:15 - Apr 22 with 2369 viewsAce_High1

Its a grim prospect isn't it and to think just 4 months ago the world seemed "normal"!?

Imagine back at Christmas if someone had of predicted this, we would all have laughed our heads off.
Chris Whitty on 19:17 - Apr 22 with 2352 viewsgiant_stow

Chris Whitty on 19:04 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Mother won't stand for that, she'll end up looking like a mid 80's Billy Connolly

Mine neither - pretty sure she'd rather have the virus than lock away for a year.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Chris Whitty on 19:25 - Apr 22 with 2310 viewsvapour_trail

Chris Whitty on 19:17 - Apr 22 by giant_stow

Mine neither - pretty sure she'd rather have the virus than lock away for a year.

Mine is the opposite. She is viewing every other human as her mortal enemy.

Chris Whitty on 19:27 - Apr 22 with 2303 viewsFtnfwest

No footy then
Chris Whitty on 19:42 - Apr 22 with 2258 viewsGeoffSentence

Chris Whitty on 19:15 - Apr 22 by Ace_High1

Its a grim prospect isn't it and to think just 4 months ago the world seemed "normal"!?

Imagine back at Christmas if someone had of predicted this, we would all have laughed our heads off.

normal but wet

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Chris Whitty on 19:45 - Apr 22 with 2241 viewsPhilTWTD

Hmm, think we have have got on to Ulrich Le Pen's best Town XI by that time.
Chris Whitty on 19:46 - Apr 22 with 2231 viewsvapour_trail

Chris Whitty on 19:45 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

His best eleven minutes?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Whitty on 19:47 - Apr 22 with 2230 viewsLord_Lucan

Chris Whitty on 19:17 - Apr 22 by giant_stow

Same with mine, given the choice she would just say feck it but we are insisting on her isolation.

Having said that, by the end of May I think we may have to look at her general imprisonment.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Chris Whitty on 19:49 - Apr 22 with 2219 viewspeterleeblue

Well what he did say was this calender year for no Vaccine and SD will have to remain in place.

For me like it or lump it but no Pubs, Restaurants and bars and certainly no large scale events Football concerts etc.

What a F****n clusterf**k!
Chris Whitty on 19:51 - Apr 22 with 2207 viewsvapour_trail

Chris Whitty on 19:49 - Apr 22 by peterleeblue

Well what he did say was this calender year for no Vaccine and SD will have to remain in place.

For me like it or lump it but no Pubs, Restaurants and bars and certainly no large scale events Football concerts etc.

What a F****n clusterf**k!

I think he said for at least the next calendar year but I may have that wrong.

Chris Whitty on 20:19 - Apr 22 with 2087 viewsPinewoodblue

And the next week it will be Mark Fish’s turn. A team that picks it’s self.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Chris Whitty on 20:21 - Apr 22 with 2073 viewsPinewoodblue

Chris Whitty on 19:51 - Apr 22 by vapour_trail

I think he said for at least the next calendar year but I may have that wrong.

Thought he said a calendar year.

2023 year of destiny

Chris Whitty on 20:30 - Apr 22 with 2036 viewsBloomBlue

Wasnt that always the expectation especially those with existing conditions ie they have to isolate until a vaccine is available?
Chris Whitty on 20:31 - Apr 22 with 2026 viewsLord_Lucan

Chris Whitty on 20:21 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

Thought he said a calendar year.

A calendar year is a calendar year. It doesn't start and end in any month other than January to December.

Chris Whitty on 20:49 - Apr 22 with 1940 viewsPinewoodblue

Chris Whitty on 20:31 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

A calendar year is a calendar year. It doesn't start and end in any month other than January to December.

Exactly so I took it to mean social distancing for another 12 months.

2023 year of destiny

Chris Whitty on 20:54 - Apr 22 with 1926 viewsLord_Lucan

Chris Whitty on 20:49 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

Exactly so I took it to mean social distancing for another 12 months.

No. The calendar year ends this coming December.

Chris Whitty on 20:57 - Apr 22 with 1915 viewsJeanManuelThetis

Would genuinely enjoy a Ulrich Le Pen interview though!
Chris Whitty on 21:25 - Apr 22 with 1840 viewsElderGrizzly

Social Distancing can come in many forms though.

What we have now won’t still be in place, but like Germany and other countries tentatively opening up we will have most businesses open just limits on capacity/proximity used etc.

I wouldn’t imagine they will legislate for older people to stay in isolation, but there will be very strong guidance based on those countries slightly ahead of us.

The Government also have a habit of laying out the worst case to then look like ‘heroes’ when it isn’t as bad as initially predicted.

We still won’t see any pubs, football with fans in attendance etc until 2021 though.

And hopefully, the end of Ryanair who have said they’d not fly if they are told to space out people on planes

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/22/ryanair-boss-says-airline-wont-
Chris Whitty on 21:32 - Apr 22 with 1816 viewsxrayspecs

No great surprise I am sad to say. Until we have a vaccine or effective medicines to treat those who get this bad, then this is not going to go away. I posted a week or so ago that an effective vaccine within 12 months is the absolute best case scenario, it has never been done before. Also worth knowing that we have yet to successfully develop a vaccine for any of the other coronaviruses, including MERS and SARS.

There are early reports that the virus is mutating so as fast as we figure out how to treat the existing version, we will have a new version to deal with. A virologist friend of mine was speculating about next years version being a totally different version to what we have today, so any vaccine is not going to work for the new strains of the virus. Historically, viruses tend to become more benign over time but this is not going to be a quick process.

A little bit like the world wars, I can see football suspended for years not weeks.
Chris Whitty on 00:20 - Apr 23 with 1593 viewsfactual_blue

Chris Whitty on 20:31 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

This is the correct answer.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Chris Whitty on 07:08 - Apr 23 with 1433 viewsWeWereZombies

Chris Whitty on 20:19 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

And the next week it will be Mark Fish’s turn. A team that picks it’s self.

I think we will see Rod Belfitt's before that, will be a reel interesting line up...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Chris Whitty on 09:08 - Apr 23 with 1318 viewsGeoffSentence

Chris Whitty on 20:57 - Apr 22 by JeanManuelThetis

Would genuinely enjoy a Ulrich Le Pen interview though!

He could probably go through his entire playing career, minute by minute, in detail.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Chris Whitty on 13:20 - Apr 23 with 1206 viewsElephantintheRoom

social distancing means what you want it to mean. aready across the world countries are opening restaurants and bars - IF they closed them in the first place.

When people accept 700 deaths a dayin this country as the new norm.... and the government begins to feed back in the deaths that have already happened as a ' 'flattening of the curve' then things will relax in this country.

You dont see much social distancing in tesco today in the bbq section for example.

Granted international travel might be a thing of the past.... but 'social distancing' has always been a pretty loose concept in this country largely created to deflect from the inadequacy of our healthcare system after a decade of misjudged austerity.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Chris Whitty on 13:30 - Apr 23 with 1172 viewsStokieBlue

Chris Whitty on 21:25 - Apr 22 by ElderGrizzly

Social Distancing can come in many forms though.

What we have now won’t still be in place, but like Germany and other countries tentatively opening up we will have most businesses open just limits on capacity/proximity used etc.

I wouldn’t imagine they will legislate for older people to stay in isolation, but there will be very strong guidance based on those countries slightly ahead of us.

The Government also have a habit of laying out the worst case to then look like ‘heroes’ when it isn’t as bad as initially predicted.

We still won’t see any pubs, football with fans in attendance etc until 2021 though.

And hopefully, the end of Ryanair who have said they’d not fly if they are told to space out people on planes

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/22/ryanair-boss-says-airline-wont-

Only trouble with Ryanair going under is that there are a lot of smaller European towns who have built their entire local economies around the fact their tiny little airport now gets a flight from the UK.

Ryanair are obviously awful but it would devastate many places if they went under.

On pubs etc, you are likely right but it's going to be a hard sell if schools are open and people are at work. If neither of those things happen it will be awful - kids won't have played with other kids for 9 months.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024