Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 13:47 - Apr 24 with 897 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone able to find the goals online for this?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 14:02 - Apr 24 with 870 viewsITFC_Forever

That was a good day out.

We were at the back of the middle pen behind the goal, I can remember it was very crowded in there, until the teams came out and everyone let go of their balloons!

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 14:29 - Apr 24 with 851 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I distinctly remember Le Tissier coming in for some nasty abuse and a young Alan Shearer giving us a torrid afternoon.
Absolutely rammed in the away end.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 14:40 - Apr 24 with 834 viewsbrazil1982

Wow I recall this, I went to this - recall them keeping us in at then end because someone in the away end had nicked the ball.
Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 16:03 - Apr 24 with 798 viewsIllinoisblue

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 14:40 - Apr 24 by brazil1982

Wow I recall this, I went to this - recall them keeping us in at then end because someone in the away end had nicked the ball.

There was also some fisticuffs up in the seats when we scored. Good day out at a proper ground, weirdly cramped and sloping away end!

62 - 78 - 81

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 16:06 - Apr 24 with 796 viewsIllinoisblue

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 14:02 - Apr 24 by ITFC_Forever

That was a good day out.

We were at the back of the middle pen behind the goal, I can remember it was very crowded in there, until the teams came out and everyone let go of their balloons!

Ah yes, the balloon tradition! I always get nostalgic/homesick in early Jan around 3rd round day. Pine for a Match of the Day showing a lower league club, Tony Gubba commentating as the camera pans around to show a couple of kids in the crowd waving a tin foil cup in the air.

62 - 78 - 81

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 17:47 - Apr 24 with 742 viewspatrickswell

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 14:29 - Apr 24 by StochesStotasBlewe

I distinctly remember Le Tissier coming in for some nasty abuse and a young Alan Shearer giving us a torrid afternoon.
Absolutely rammed in the away end.

One of Le Tissier’s goals features in that match features at the end of this video, probably because it’s the only tap-in on the video. If you’re mentioning him getting abuse,it certainly explains why he gave it the big’un to the Town fans after scoring it.

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 18:09 - Apr 24 with 727 viewsgainsboroughblue

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 16:03 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

There was also some fisticuffs up in the seats when we scored. Good day out at a proper ground, weirdly cramped and sloping away end!

I think more turned up than expected.

The Archers End was a bit like our old North where they had three pens. We already had two of them, and by 2:30 pm, the second was getting completely rammed so they moved the Saints lot out of the third and opened it up to us. There was certainly a lot of faces out for that one. Every five minutes or so, a Town fan was being dragged out of the terrace by Hampshire OB.

'You'll never play for England' was the refrain relentlessly chanted at Le Tissier and that seemed to spur him on even more, but the best noise of the afternoon was us singing very loudly 'You've lost that loving feeling' prior to kick-off. I actually thought that was going to be our anthem from then on but it faded away as the season went on.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 18:09]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 18:15 - Apr 24 with 711 viewsgainsboroughblue

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 17:47 - Apr 24 by patrickswell

One of Le Tissier’s goals features in that match features at the end of this video, probably because it’s the only tap-in on the video. If you’re mentioning him getting abuse,it certainly explains why he gave it the big’un to the Town fans after scoring it.

What is the URL for that as it won't load (for me anyway).

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 18:24 - Apr 24 with 707 viewspatrickswell

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 18:15 - Apr 24 by gainsboroughblue

What is the URL for that as it won't load (for me anyway).

I’m not sure but it was posted by Marc and is called simply, Le God.
Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 18:47 - Apr 24 with 692 viewsIllinoisblue

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 18:09 - Apr 24 by gainsboroughblue

I think more turned up than expected.

The Archers End was a bit like our old North where they had three pens. We already had two of them, and by 2:30 pm, the second was getting completely rammed so they moved the Saints lot out of the third and opened it up to us. There was certainly a lot of faces out for that one. Every five minutes or so, a Town fan was being dragged out of the terrace by Hampshire OB.

'You'll never play for England' was the refrain relentlessly chanted at Le Tissier and that seemed to spur him on even more, but the best noise of the afternoon was us singing very loudly 'You've lost that loving feeling' prior to kick-off. I actually thought that was going to be our anthem from then on but it faded away as the season went on.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 18:09]

You’re right, good turnout that day. Think the trouble in the seats was reported in the Daily Mirror. Don’t recall that Loving Feeling being sung but I like it and wish we’d kept doing it!

62 - 78 - 81

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 18:55 - Apr 24 with 687 viewsITFC_Forever

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 18:47 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

You’re right, good turnout that day. Think the trouble in the seats was reported in the Daily Mirror. Don’t recall that Loving Feeling being sung but I like it and wish we’d kept doing it!

Forest adopted it around the same time I think.... that song and Unchained Melody made a come back around that time.

I can also remember getting kept in at the end and they us out one by one as someone nicked the match ball.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Southampton 3 Ipswich 2 FA Cup January 1991 on 19:12 - Apr 24 with 672 viewsThe_Last_Baron

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2015-01-03/five-of-the-best-memorable-home-ma

Match report here.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024