Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership 09:02 - Apr 25 with 1716 viewsGlasgowBlue

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 09:07 - Apr 25 with 1689 viewsColin_Viljoen

No Bent/Kuqi?
The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 09:14 - Apr 25 with 1658 viewsGlasgowBlue

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 09:07 - Apr 25 by Colin_Viljoen

No Bent/Kuqi?

Not enough options in the poll and was doing it off the top of my head.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 9:14]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 10:49 - Apr 25 with 1563 viewsBLUEBEAT

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 09:07 - Apr 25 by Colin_Viljoen

No Bent/Kuqi?

Omitted so there was space for the joke final pairing?

Poll: W or W

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 11:14 - Apr 25 with 1538 viewsPJH

I think the only way that it cannot be Crawford and Phillips is because those that our voting did not see them play.

There are some other pretty good partnerships there as well though.
The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 1485 viewsChurchman

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 11:14 - Apr 25 by PJH

I think the only way that it cannot be Crawford and Phillips is because those that our voting did not see them play.

There are some other pretty good partnerships there as well though.

That’s fair. My dad who watched us right back to the late 1930s always mentions Phillips/Crawford as the best, but thinks Mariner was the best forward he ever saw play for Town. Great players, and with Whymark (an underrated player) and Brazil, three great partnerships at the top level. David Johnson and Whymark were pretty good too! Forgotten a bit and only for a season, Stewart’s partnership with Naylor was good too.

Whilst I thought Shefki and Bent were great, as was Scowcroft/Johnson, those partnerships were at a lower level.
The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 21:03 - Apr 25 with 1368 viewsmonty_radio

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 11:59 - Apr 25 by Churchman

That’s fair. My dad who watched us right back to the late 1930s always mentions Phillips/Crawford as the best, but thinks Mariner was the best forward he ever saw play for Town. Great players, and with Whymark (an underrated player) and Brazil, three great partnerships at the top level. David Johnson and Whymark were pretty good too! Forgotten a bit and only for a season, Stewart’s partnership with Naylor was good too.

Whilst I thought Shefki and Bent were great, as was Scowcroft/Johnson, those partnerships were at a lower level.

In my best ever team Mariner always partners Crawford. But in regard to real-life partnerships the stats have it - can't be other than Ted and Ray.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 06:37 - Apr 26 with 1272 viewsbobbyramsey

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 21:03 - Apr 25 by monty_radio

In my best ever team Mariner always partners Crawford. But in regard to real-life partnerships the stats have it - can't be other than Ted and Ray.

Norwood/Jackson aren't fit to lace the boots of any of the above......
The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 10:57 - Apr 26 with 1181 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Atkinson and Wilson never played together.

It was Wilson with either D'Avray, Sunderland or Deehan. He also played up front with Gates.

Atkinson played with David Lowe.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 11:00]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 11:01 - Apr 26 with 1165 viewsThe_Last_Baron

It also should be Mathie / Marshall. And where is Kiwoyma / Dozzell.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 11:02]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 1123 viewsMeadowlark

Has to be Crawford and Phillips, but my personal favourite was Whymark/Johnson. Whymark and anyone really.
I also quite liked Frank Clarke/Mick Hill, but I suspect I'm in a niche group of one with that choice!
The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership on 16:02 - Apr 26 with 1079 viewsmikeybloo88

I've seen them all apart from Crawford/Phillips and trust me, Mariner/Brazil were the best....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024