Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? 11:58 - Apr 25 with 1105 viewsunstableblue

It all sounds a bit vague and negative in the club and manager statements.

Have they set specific fitness and conditioning programmes? Technical skills they can practice in the back garden. Cadio vascular work.

Are they not having web conferences where they review games, shape, system, tactics.

Individual videos of players plus and minus areas to their games? Where to improve.

They’ll be back soon, ‘pre season’ will be short. This shouldn’t be treated as dead time.

Guarantee even clubs in league one are doing this.

At our place staff who are less busy and even those furloughed we have given individual development plans and training resources!!

Do you have a view of what the club are doing?

Any news on the injuries? Norwood, KVY et al?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:03 - Apr 25 with 1075 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect we'll have better players after this, purely because they've gotten on with it by themselves and not had our Worst Ever Manager 'coaching' them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:04 - Apr 25 with 1089 viewsPhilTWTD

I think they're officially on holiday at the moment with the thinking being they'll get back in action around June and won't have a summer break. They were given some fitness stuff to do after the initial suspension. Jackson was talking about what he was doing a couple of weeks ago:

Jackson: Easier Going Into Every Day Setting Myself Targets 14th Apr 2020 10:03
Striker Kayden Jackson has been talking about how he is dealing with the lockdown due to the coronavirus crisis and the lack of football. 11

Injured players continued to go in for a week or so after fixtures stopped but then were given programmes to follow at home.
Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:28 - Apr 25 with 1025 viewsfactual_blue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:04 - Apr 25 by PhilTWTD

I think they're officially on holiday at the moment with the thinking being they'll get back in action around June and won't have a summer break. They were given some fitness stuff to do after the initial suspension. Jackson was talking about what he was doing a couple of weeks ago:

Striker Kayden Jackson has been talking about how he is dealing with the lockdown due to the coronavirus crisis and the lack of football. 11

Injured players continued to go in for a week or so after fixtures stopped but then were given programmes to follow at home.

Does Gav ever get a holiday? Or not until after the much-heralded 'summer update'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:34 - Apr 25 with 1014 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:40 - Apr 25 with 997 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd be happy and fairly surprised if we saw a Town game in 2020 at the moment.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 13:21 - Apr 25 with 917 viewsunstableblue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:34 - Apr 25 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

They should have a team zoom jointly watching the Bolton semi second leg... and then listen as a group to the Blue Monday podcast from Magilton and Holland then brain storm how do we raise our energy and commitment!!!

Or have a pub quiz.

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 13:26 - Apr 25 with 909 viewsunstableblue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:28 - Apr 25 by factual_blue

Does Gav ever get a holiday? Or not until after the much-heralded 'summer update'?

You forget that Phil chains Gav within a giant hamster wheel that drives a generator, thus powering the TWTD server.

Phil sits aside the wheel with a huge drum, stripped to the waist, a relentless monotonous rhythm drives Gav on and on and on...

.... or something like that.

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 13:38 - Apr 25 with 883 viewsunstableblue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:04 - Apr 25 by PhilTWTD

Thanks Phil... hadn’t fully read that article.

Some positives, but not quite the progressive and technical thinking and approaches some clubs I’m sure are following.

I do get it’s a summer break equivalent but we’re mid season and the players and the system were ultimately failing!!

Looking like they’ll finish this season with some if not all games behind closed doors. Which actually might suit us.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 15:03]

Login to get fewer ads

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 13:47 - Apr 25 with 867 viewsfactual_blue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 13:26 - Apr 25 by unstableblue

You forget that Phil chains Gav within a giant hamster wheel that drives a generator, thus powering the TWTD server.

Phil sits aside the wheel with a huge drum, stripped to the waist, a relentless monotonous rhythm drives Gav on and on and on...

Modern slavery then.

Much as I thought.

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 15:19 - Apr 25 with 770 viewsunstableblue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 12:40 - Apr 25 by SomethingBlue

I'd be happy and fairly surprised if we saw a Town game in 2020 at the moment.

I'm not so sure.

In general with CV there will be a move to a staged return to work and some social aspects in two to three weeks. There will be a clamour if not, and in some ways one from the NHS that is growing very concerned at the growing death rate from people not attending hospital. CV capacity and contingency is now there in the NHS. Combined with the economy re-starting in part. I mean 7000 furloughed staff at TfL and 90% reduction in fare revenue -staggering numbers. I do agree with government strategy of downplaying an easing of lock down - but there will be a strategy.

As for footy - signs are Premier League will return, to closed arenas initially, with wide television distribution. Surely Footy League will follow. Need to get the season finished.

Agree fully filled stadia could drop back into 2021!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-return-closer-talks-ove

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 15:34 - Apr 25 with 760 viewsMercian

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 15:19 - Apr 25 by unstableblue

I'm not so sure.

In general with CV there will be a move to a staged return to work and some social aspects in two to three weeks. There will be a clamour if not, and in some ways one from the NHS that is growing very concerned at the growing death rate from people not attending hospital. CV capacity and contingency is now there in the NHS. Combined with the economy re-starting in part. I mean 7000 furloughed staff at TfL and 90% reduction in fare revenue -staggering numbers. I do agree with government strategy of downplaying an easing of lock down - but there will be a strategy.

As for footy - signs are Premier League will return, to closed arenas initially, with wide television distribution. Surely Footy League will follow. Need to get the season finished.

Agree fully filled stadia could drop back into 2021!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-return-closer-talks-ove

The Premier League can muse all they want about returning soon. I sadly cannot see that as I can see both the government and police not allowing it until at least all front line staff are tested and rightly so. That is months down the line.
Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 15:57 - Apr 25 with 742 viewsSomethingBlue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 15:34 - Apr 25 by Mercian

The Premier League can muse all they want about returning soon. I sadly cannot see that as I can see both the government and police not allowing it until at least all front line staff are tested and rightly so. That is months down the line.

I think PL return will happen fairly soon. Football League another matter - many clubs simply can't afford to play behind closed doors for six months. It's a very fluid situation but at the moment I'd say things leaning more towards FL being voided or ended.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 16:00 - Apr 25 with 729 viewsHerbivore

I doubt Lambert gets them to do much of that stuff in normal times, let alone during lockdown.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 17:41 - Apr 25 with 633 viewsfactual_blue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 16:00 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

I doubt Lambert gets them to do much of that stuff in normal times, let alone during lockdown.

Do they get a weekly lecture from him entitled 'Great Moments In German Football'?

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 17:45 - Apr 25 with 630 viewsNewcyBlue

Phil - what are Lambert and coaching staff serving the players remotely? on 13:26 - Apr 25 by unstableblue

That gives me a hard on.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024