Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. 10:43 - Apr 26 with 1221 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 10:50 - Apr 26 with 1176 viewsHerbivore

Interesting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 10:51 - Apr 26 with 1170 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Surely not.....so who's getting the app?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 11:00 - Apr 26 with 1155 viewsEwan_Oozami

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 10:51 - Apr 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Surely not.....so who's getting the app?

The company I work for does a lot of mobile app development, we're going to download it to vanilla iOS and Android dev phones and squeeze the logs until the pips squeak to see exactly what it's doing - everybody else will be doing the same so anything underhand will soon be discovered. Plus, it will have to meet certain personal data security standards to get onto the official app stores - I suspect it'll be a case of opting in or out of stuff on the app, so just how useful will it be if everyone opts out of all the personal data requests..?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 11:03 - Apr 26 with 1147 viewsDanTheMan

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 11:00 - Apr 26 by Ewan_Oozami

The company I work for does a lot of mobile app development, we're going to download it to vanilla iOS and Android dev phones and squeeze the logs until the pips squeak to see exactly what it's doing - everybody else will be doing the same so anything underhand will soon be discovered. Plus, it will have to meet certain personal data security standards to get onto the official app stores - I suspect it'll be a case of opting in or out of stuff on the app, so just how useful will it be if everyone opts out of all the personal data requests..?

I'd be absolutely stunned if they tried anything. It's really not hard to sniff what traffic is coming in and out of your phone, especially on Android.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 11:13 - Apr 26 with 1129 viewssparks

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 11:00 - Apr 26 by Ewan_Oozami

I simply do not trust the organisation.

Data accidentally gets "breached" at the biggest and best places. If government can gain advantage, or there is a comercial use for the data, it will somehow happen.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 12:15 - Apr 26 with 1084 viewsBasuco

With Ben Warner and Dominic Cummings giving "scientific" advice at SAGE meetings and the chief medical officers and scientific advisers of Scotland, Wales and NI not allowed to ask questions or advise, no wonder we still getting very high death and new cases of infection.
Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 13:52 - Apr 26 with 1040 viewsbrazil1982

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 12:15 - Apr 26 by Basuco

With Ben Warner and Dominic Cummings giving "scientific" advice at SAGE meetings and the chief medical officers and scientific advisers of Scotland, Wales and NI not allowed to ask questions or advise, no wonder we still getting very high death and new cases of infection.

What?
Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 14:39 - Apr 26 with 1022 viewssparks

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 12:15 - Apr 26 by Basuco

You would need evidence for all of that. And you don't.

The last point is worth consideration though. New cases seem to be hovering at about 5k a day. Given the measures in place for a month now, it surprises me that this is not falling. Certainly it shows how bad it would have been but for the meaures- but one has to ask if the measures are really being applied firmly enough. We have flattened the curve, but are not forcing it downards.

The obvious extrapolation (which may be entirely spurious to those with better knowledge than I) is that if we maintain the current arrangements, we will continue at 5k a day, and upwards of 500 deaths a day, until the proportion of the population which is either not properly distancing, or cannot properly distance due to jobs etc, have had it. i.e herd immunity....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:02 - Apr 26 with 998 viewsBasuco

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 13:52 - Apr 26 by brazil1982

What?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/26/attendees-of-sage-coronavirus-meet
Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:06 - Apr 26 with 993 viewsBasuco

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 14:39 - Apr 26 by sparks

You would need evidence for all of that. And you don't.

The last point is worth consideration though. New cases seem to be hovering at about 5k a day. Given the measures in place for a month now, it surprises me that this is not falling. Certainly it shows how bad it would have been but for the meaures- but one has to ask if the measures are really being applied firmly enough. We have flattened the curve, but are not forcing it downards.

The obvious extrapolation (which may be entirely spurious to those with better knowledge than I) is that if we maintain the current arrangements, we will continue at 5k a day, and upwards of 500 deaths a day, until the proportion of the population which is either not properly distancing, or cannot properly distance due to jobs etc, have had it. i.e herd immunity....

Not exactly evidence I know, but two SAGE attendee's now voicing concern over their involvement and interventions.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/26/attendees-of-sage-coronavirus-meet
Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:12 - Apr 26 with 977 viewssparks

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:06 - Apr 26 by Basuco

Not exactly evidence I know, but two SAGE attendee's now voicing concern over their involvement and interventions.

Long long way from what you asserted!

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:22 - Apr 26 with 967 viewsBasuco

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:12 - Apr 26 by sparks

Long long way from what you asserted!

True, maybe I should have said, interfered with scientific advice to add a political dimension, either way their involvement appears to be far from being a casual observer. Especially when growing evidence seems to show that every day lock down was delayed has added significantly to the death toll and length of lock down. But with the Guardian not being a conservative supporting newspaper a note of caution should be applied, but this is a story that could get interesting as it develops.
Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:31 - Apr 26 with 957 viewsChurchman

So you know that Warner and Cummings are giving scientific advice to scientists, basically running the meetings. Amazing. You also say Scotland, Wales and NI are not involved and that because of these two factors, that’s why we are still getting high rates of infection and loss of life.

On that basis what you are saying is that if Cummings and Warner weren’t in the room and Scotland NI and Wales were involved with SAGE, the infection and death rate would be lower. Truly amazing.

The scientist explained what SAGE was for at the briefing yesterday or the day before and to a very limited extent how it operated, so you are basically calling him a liar. Or do you think he’s a government stooge made to say what the government wants?
Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:43 - Apr 26 with 932 viewsBasuco

Interesting thread on who is involved with SAGE from CC here.. on 15:31 - Apr 26 by Churchman

So you know that Warner and Cummings are giving scientific advice to scientists, basically running the meetings. Amazing. You also say Scotland, Wales and NI are not involved and that because of these two factors, that’s why we are still getting high rates of infection and loss of life.

On that basis what you are saying is that if Cummings and Warner weren’t in the room and Scotland NI and Wales were involved with SAGE, the infection and death rate would be lower. Truly amazing.

The scientist explained what SAGE was for at the briefing yesterday or the day before and to a very limited extent how it operated, so you are basically calling him a liar. Or do you think he’s a government stooge made to say what the government wants?

Not me, two SAGE attendee's now voicing concern over their involvement and interventions., I am just stating what the Guardian has reported. Which may or may not be true of course.

[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 16:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024