Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? 12:31 - Apr 26 with 1772 viewsJackSted

Brother got it for my birthday yesterday but honestly can't figure out what year it is from? Kit sponsor is PUNCH and shirt sponsor Greene King but can't find a similar kit in the archives. I'm probably just being stupid lmao.

https://ibb.co/TYLkHC2

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 12:32 - Apr 26 with 1751 viewsitfcjoe

It's either a training shirt (most likely) or one of the kit options that wasn't selected in the annual vote

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 1743 viewsgainsboroughblue

Looks like a training shirt from 98-01.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 1735 viewsJackSted

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 12:32 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

It's either a training shirt (most likely) or one of the kit options that wasn't selected in the annual vote

That's what I thought. Thanks

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 13:10 - Apr 26 with 1649 viewsfactual_blue

It looks to me like a fake, as the letter doesn't follow the creasing in the shirt, i.e. it's been superimposed digitally.

And there are no stars above the badge.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 13:32 - Apr 26 with 1620 viewsmonytowbray

That is one of the prototype kits from either the late 90s or very early 00s when we used to vote on four options and the winner would be next season’s kit. I’ve seen these pop up on eBay before maybe twice ever. Rare but also probably not worth much weirdly.

That’s my strong hunch.

EDIT: On closer inspection, my money would say this was a loser from the selection thar gave us the TXU energy 2001-2003 shirt based on the badge stitching. When they show cased these kits GK were still our sponsor.

EDIT EDIT: I think I’m right, option 4:

And I think this is the same shirt that popped up a few years back when the exact same question was asked online!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Not the exact same shirt as the one I found had PL sleeve badges, but same design I think?

[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 13:49]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 13:38 - Apr 26 with 1596 viewsIllinoisblue

Crucially it doesn’t have Magical Vegas on it so that automatically makes it better than our current kit

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 17:25 - Apr 26 with 1442 viewsBluefish

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 13:38 - Apr 26 by Illinoisblue

Crucially it doesn’t have Magical Vegas on it so that automatically makes it better than our current kit

I thought the publicly hating Magical Vegas the most competition had finished and a winner had been announced? Has it restarted?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 18:46 - Apr 26 with 1367 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 17:25 - Apr 26 by Bluefish

I thought the publicly hating Magical Vegas the most competition had finished and a winner had been announced? Has it restarted?

It never stopped

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 19:19 - Apr 26 with 1329 viewsPlums

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 13:32 - Apr 26 by monytowbray

That is one of the prototype kits from either the late 90s or very early 00s when we used to vote on four options and the winner would be next season’s kit. I’ve seen these pop up on eBay before maybe twice ever. Rare but also probably not worth much weirdly.

That’s my strong hunch.

EDIT: On closer inspection, my money would say this was a loser from the selection thar gave us the TXU energy 2001-2003 shirt based on the badge stitching. When they show cased these kits GK were still our sponsor.

And I think this is the same shirt that popped up a few years back when the exact same question was asked online!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Not the exact same shirt as the one I found had PL sleeve badges, but same design I think?

They were made in a factory just north of Nottingham. When my lad was younger we quite often used to play against U7 teams in full town kit that had been bought at a knock down price.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 19:24 - Apr 26 with 1319 viewsAce_High1

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 13:32 - Apr 26 by monytowbray

That’s my strong hunch.

Surprising how much the sponsors logo makes a shirt look better. This shirt with the Greene King logo looks much better than the TXU Energy one!
Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 19:48 - Apr 26 with 1281 viewsmonytowbray

Does anyone know what year this ITFC kit is from? on 19:24 - Apr 26 by Ace_High1

Surprising how much the sponsors logo makes a shirt look better. This shirt with the Greene King logo looks much better than the TXU Energy one!

I also think the test kits were made and then they had an issue with the dye in the fabric so the kit we ended up with was more of a depressingly faded blue. So the test versions look much better in that regard too.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024