Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? 13:39 - Apr 26 with 1144 viewsElephantintheRoom

I know its a sunny day - but the crowds out in their lycra today are way up on a couple of weeks ago.

Blog: Wing Wonders (Part Two)

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 16:29 - Apr 26 with 1065 viewsFtnfwest

The irony of walking on the still quiet roads while cyclists take up the paths isn't lost on me either

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 16:34 - Apr 26 with 1042 viewsGlasgowBlue

Came across loads on my run today. At one stage there were three young blokes riding along the canal at three abreast and they made absolutely no effort to go single file as I approached them. So they got a mouthful of abuse from me.

Near the end of my run there was a group of six or seven lads on bikes. None of whom look like they all lived in the same household.

Very worrying that people are not taking this as seriously as they should.

“A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles”.
Poll: The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 19:22 - Apr 26 with 969 viewsdeliasplums

I was out on a ride yesterday (on my own, on the road) and couldn’t believe that i seemed to be the only one cycling in the middle of the lane to give pedestrians two metres. Some guys seem to think that if you’re on a bike, 2m is somehow equivalent to an arm’s length. It’s not cyclists, it’s tvvats.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 19:48]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 19:43 - Apr 26 with 947 viewsstonojnr

Not particularly, if anything it was slightly down from what it has been like,but there were plenty more cars on the road all doing essential journeys I'm sure...but hey I dont hold it against all car owners that some motorists drive like idiots still & yes some people who ride bikes are idiots too, but dont hold it against all cyclists
Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 19:49 - Apr 26 with 938 viewsjeera

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 19:43 - Apr 26 by stonojnr

Not particularly, if anything it was slightly down from what it has been like,but there were plenty more cars on the road all doing essential journeys I'm sure...but hey I dont hold it against all car owners that some motorists drive like idiots still & yes some people who ride bikes are idiots too, but dont hold it against all cyclists

To be fair I read the OP to be complaining about cyclists in groups.

But I may have got that wrong too.

Not much wrong with individuals if they're doing as the poster above DP, says, some respectful distance is being observed.

Well it looks like a duck, it sounds like a duck. Nope, dunno what it is.
Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 21:21 - Apr 26 with 891 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's like an obstacle course around this way trying to cycle on the roads. Everyone seem to think the quieter roads give them permission to wander down the middle of them. I had 2 pairs of pushchairs to dodge today and some daft bint was stood in the middle of the road on her phone. Not a care in the world. Phone woman was just bizarre - no awareness whatsoever.

Poll: So then cake aficionados, which is your favourite part of Battenberg?

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 21:29 - Apr 26 with 883 viewsjeera

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 21:21 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

It's like an obstacle course around this way trying to cycle on the roads. Everyone seem to think the quieter roads give them permission to wander down the middle of them. I had 2 pairs of pushchairs to dodge today and some daft bint was stood in the middle of the road on her phone. Not a care in the world. Phone woman was just bizarre - no awareness whatsoever.

Well it looks like a duck, it sounds like a duck. Nope, dunno what it is.
Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 08:22 - Apr 27 with 749 viewshampstead_blue

As a new member to the cyclists 'club' I have just added one to my local roads in Wiltshire.

Went out for a cycle a couple of days back and was surprised at the number of people walking and cycling.
It wasn't busy but lovely to see families doing things together as a unit.

Also the smell and sight of the wonderful countryside was amazing. It felt like I was back in Sible Hedingham in my teens.

Just got my new pedals and bib thingy through so will be able go further bit by bit.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 08:42 - Apr 27 with 727 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 16:34 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Came across loads on my run today. At one stage there were three young blokes riding along the canal at three abreast and they made absolutely no effort to go single file as I approached them. So they got a mouthful of abuse from me.

Near the end of my run there was a group of six or seven lads on bikes. None of whom look like they all lived in the same household.

Very worrying that people are not taking this as seriously as they should.

Nothing wrong with cyclists taking advantage of the lockdown to exercise sensibly, I go out cycling on my own most days.

You are right that people aren't taking this seriously anymore. It's barely a lockdown anymore in London.

The most annoying are groups who walk abreast along the path so nobody going the other way can distance or people who are now just chatting on paths with about 50cm between them and stopping people getting past.

Seemed to be a lot of drinking and picnics as well despite a massive sign saying no picnics or BBQs.

One wine shop here has stopped selling single bottles of prosecco or rose which tells you quite a lot about what is going on. They have a big sign saying they aren't going to promote park drinking.

SB

“You may not feel outstandingly robust, but if you are an average-sized adult you will contain within your modest frame no less than 7 X 10^18 joules of potential energy—enough to explode with the force of thirty very large hydrogen bombs, assuming you knew how to liberate it and really wished to make a point."

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 08:48 - Apr 27 with 716 viewsbluelagos

For sure, saw quite a few family groups on the lanes on Sunday morning :-)

One of the few upsides to all the lockdown has been the increased use of the countryside by those sensible to take the chance of some fresh air.

#reclaimthelanes

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 09:23 - Apr 27 with 690 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 21:21 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

People who are oblivious like that drive me nuts. They have always been there of course, the fools who stand talking to their buddies in the middle of the path whilst the rest of the world has to squeeze past them, dolts who saunter around with earphones in and eyes to their phone putting the responsibility for their safety on everyone else. They've just moved to different places now.

Out damned scot Out I say
Poll: Is 'Die Hard' a Christmas Film?

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 09:26 - Apr 27 with 685 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 08:48 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

For sure, saw quite a few family groups on the lanes on Sunday morning :-)

One of the few upsides to all the lockdown has been the increased use of the countryside by those sensible to take the chance of some fresh air.

#reclaimthelanes

I've noticed a lot of that, parents out cycling with their kids and it is a joy to behold. I think it has been enabled by the roads being so much quieter, with so little motorised traffic that it now feels safe to take the kids out.

Out damned scot Out I say
Poll: Is 'Die Hard' a Christmas Film?

Anyone notice there are more cyclists on the road? on 17:05 - Apr 27 with 568 viewssoupytwist

Local bike shop is busier than ever with repairs as people dig their bikes out of the back of the garage or shed. Dropped my own off this morning in fact.

I've actually done the reasonably simple tasks of getting my wife's and daughter's bikes roadworthy again (although my wife's looks like at least one wheel is out of true) but fitting a new chain (last one broke) and sorting out the saddle (whatever I do with the bracket the saddle won't stay horizontal) on mine are beyond me.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021