Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laptop fm20 10:25 - Apr 27 with 1030 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Anyone recommend a laptop which I'll mainly be using for football manager? Budget around £400/£500. Thanks.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Laptop fm20 on 10:30 - Apr 27 with 1008 viewsHullblue

I think these days almost any laptop can handle FM and still run at good speeds.

I remember waiting like 10 minutes a time for CM 01/02 to do all its calculations after I'd pressed the continue button!

dynabook (Toshiba's re-brand) laptops have a reliability guarantee, so could be a good option in that price range. I swear by Macs now, mind, and you can get a refurbed one for only a bit more than that.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Laptop fm20 on 11:22 - Apr 27 with 955 viewsTIB

Scrumpy Mac / MacFinder sometimes have some decent refurbs. I've just got back into FM...not played it properly since it was Champ Manager...starting from the Norwegian 3rd Tier with Midsund IL.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Laptop fm20 on 11:25 - Apr 27 with 948 viewsfooters

Laptop fm20 on 11:22 - Apr 27 by TIB

Scrumpy Mac / MacFinder sometimes have some decent refurbs. I've just got back into FM...not played it properly since it was Champ Manager...starting from the Norwegian 3rd Tier with Midsund IL.

Glory hunter.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Laptop fm20 on 11:36 - Apr 27 with 937 viewsSamWhiteUK

Laptop fm20 on 11:22 - Apr 27 by TIB

Did Championship Manager become football manager? My uncle worked on Championship Manager, and I always thought it was a rival
Laptop fm20 on 12:00 - Apr 27 with 921 viewsTIB

Laptop fm20 on 11:36 - Apr 27 by SamWhiteUK

Did Championship Manager become football manager? My uncle worked on Championship Manager, and I always thought it was a rival

I don't know full story but want to say it was split, someone took rights to game play and the other took the name.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Laptop fm20 on 12:03 - Apr 27 with 916 viewsHerbivore

Laptop fm20 on 12:00 - Apr 27 by TIB

I don't know full story but want to say it was split, someone took rights to game play and the other took the name.

Yep, there was a split. Football Manager is kind of the linear successor to Championship Manager but there was a Championship Manager game still after the split, it just wasn't very good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Laptop fm20 on 12:10 - Apr 27 with 907 viewsgainsboroughblue

Any laptop can handle it. Just depends what your plans are in terms of database size, playable leagues, added continent players you intend to load.

Once you get below two stars on the 'game efficiency' bit at the start up screen, it can be a bit laggy and machine gets a bit whirry and hot.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Laptop fm20 on 12:14 - Apr 27 with 901 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Laptop fm20 on 11:36 - Apr 27 by SamWhiteUK

Championship Manager 93 was the best. You can play a season in an hour and 17 year old Bruce Dyer was the bargain to buy at 50k. Play 3 5 2 and you could take a Division 3 team to league champions in a decade.

Lost interest when a season started taking too long and you had to look after scouting etc.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024