Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... 13:49 - Apr 27 with 5010 viewsbluelagos

Wonder what you make of the fact that the police, consistently, around the country are thanking the public for their co-operation?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/north-east-police-chief-thanks-pu

Either the police are mistaken or you are?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 13:53 - Apr 27 with 2634 viewsLord_Lucan

I think more attention is being paid to the lockdown up north.

From what I am hearing and reading the vast majority of flouting is coming from Libtard southerners.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 13:58 - Apr 27 with 2609 viewsbluelagos

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 13:53 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I think more attention is being paid to the lockdown up north.

From what I am hearing and reading the vast majority of flouting is coming from Libtard southerners.

Ah, so some people are jumping to conclusions that fit their own prejudices / beliefs rather closely listening to those who actually know?

:-)

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:05 - Apr 27 with 2571 viewsgordon

Lots of closet Calvinists out there!
Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:09 - Apr 27 with 2547 viewsLord_Lucan

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 13:58 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

Ah, so some people are jumping to conclusions that fit their own prejudices / beliefs rather closely listening to those who actually know?

:-)

Can you clarify what you are trying to say please.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:15 - Apr 27 with 2537 viewsbluelagos

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:09 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

Can you clarify what you are trying to say please.

I was taking the mick about your comment on "Libtards".

But the serious point is that other posters are ignoring the clear evidence from the police (who actually monitor traffic etc.) that the lockdown is being well observed.

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:15 - Apr 27 with 2539 viewsFixed_It

Praise works better than punishment. Schools have recognised that for years. Doesn't mean that everyone is behaving responsibly, just encouraging those who are and hopefully influencing positively those who aren't.
And we all know that you have little regard for the police or the lockdown anyway...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:15 - Apr 27 with 2533 viewseireblue

Can’t say I have seen more flouting of the lockdown.

Sure, more cyclists and walkers out during my Sunday morning ride.
Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:17 - Apr 27 with 2518 viewsbluelagos

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:15 - Apr 27 by Fixed_It

Praise works better than punishment. Schools have recognised that for years. Doesn't mean that everyone is behaving responsibly, just encouraging those who are and hopefully influencing positively those who aren't.
And we all know that you have little regard for the police or the lockdown anyway...

I am happy to go on record and state I think the policing (with one or two stupid excesses) has been excellent on the lockdown :-)

(Appreciate the wink)

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:20 - Apr 27 with 2495 viewsbluelagos

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:15 - Apr 27 by eireblue

Can’t say I have seen more flouting of the lockdown.

Sure, more cyclists and walkers out during my Sunday morning ride.

Same here. All of which is of course within the guidelines.

Little bit more local traffic too, suggesting to me that people are going to the DIY stores etc. The main roads though are empty, the tube figures are very low and the police even stated they are having fewer callouts for parties. (GMP)

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:25 - Apr 27 with 2481 viewsGuthrum

I think, generally, the lockdown is holding quite well, albeit with people stretching the boundaries a little and just a few examples of outright ignorance. I've certainly seen little sign of mass flouting.

It probably ought to be tighter, if we want to squeeze the virus numbers, but this is what those in charge think we can stand.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:27 - Apr 27 with 2473 viewsLord_Lucan

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:15 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

I was taking the mick about your comment on "Libtards".

But the serious point is that other posters are ignoring the clear evidence from the police (who actually monitor traffic etc.) that the lockdown is being well observed.

Fair enough, I am actually half southern libtard.

There was a great radio phone in the other night about people ignoring the lockdown and going to parks and beaches, loads of people were phoning and saying that they were still social distancing even though they were going out.

The second half of the phone in was mainly irate northerners saying that they were all staying in.

My mate works in Sudbury and has been working from home but he had to go in last week. He got HR to give him a letter saying it was important work in case he was pulled up by Babylon. He sent me a text saying that Sudbury was like a normal day with people shopping, buying ice creams and fish and chips.

Gotta say I think elderly people (anyone older than me) are as bad

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:31 - Apr 27 with 2461 viewsSteve_M

Which is backed up by the polling last week. The majority of the public only want this to be eased once testing is in place:

That wasn't how certain papers spun the polling.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:13 - Apr 27 with 2392 viewshomer_123

Went for our daily walk on Saturday to find significantly more people out and about in N Essex, more over many more were clearly not following social distancing rules.

Main culprits were teenages and young 20's - no way were they all 'living together' then at the other end of the spectrum many over 60s out and about, mainly walking their dogs with other couples.

Same on Sunday.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:14 - Apr 27 with 2387 viewshomer_123

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:27 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

Fair enough, I am actually half southern libtard.

There was a great radio phone in the other night about people ignoring the lockdown and going to parks and beaches, loads of people were phoning and saying that they were still social distancing even though they were going out.

The second half of the phone in was mainly irate northerners saying that they were all staying in.

My mate works in Sudbury and has been working from home but he had to go in last week. He got HR to give him a letter saying it was important work in case he was pulled up by Babylon. He sent me a text saying that Sudbury was like a normal day with people shopping, buying ice creams and fish and chips.

Gotta say I think elderly people (anyone older than me) are as bad

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... by homer_123 27 Apr 2020 15:13
Went for our daily walk on Saturday to find significantly more people out and about in N Essex, more over many more were clearly not following social distancing rules.

Main culprits were teenages and young 20's - no way were they all 'living together' then at the other end of the spectrum many over 60s out and about, mainly walking their dogs with other couples.

Same on Sunday.

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:16 - Apr 27 with 2385 viewssparks

You realise that they say such things as encouragement quite often?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:17 - Apr 27 with 2381 viewsgainsboroughblue

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 14:15 - Apr 27 by Fixed_It

The only issue with praise is that the ones who are flouting the distancing rules can say to themselves. 'It's ok, there's enough people staying indoors so us being out is ok'.

Mind you, that's assuming some of these fools are keeping tabs on the news and instructions in the first place.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:19 - Apr 27 with 2377 viewsStokieBlue

You've conceded yourself that your view is skewed by being in the countryside. You've cited one section of the country. You've not been into a big city so you have no frame of reference for your view.

There are definitely a lot more people around in London. You can either accept that or not, it's up to you.

I agree that on the whole it's being observed countrywide but that doesn't mean that in certain specific places it's not been observed as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:23 - Apr 27 with 2363 viewshomer_123

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:19 - Apr 27 by StokieBlue

You've conceded yourself that your view is skewed by being in the countryside. You've cited one section of the country. You've not been into a big city so you have no frame of reference for your view.

There are definitely a lot more people around in London. You can either accept that or not, it's up to you.

I agree that on the whole it's being observed countrywide but that doesn't mean that in certain specific places it's not been observed as well.

SB

There is absolutely more people out and about in N Essex now - certainly compared with 7 to 10 days ago and the numbers not adhering to social distancing is definitely increasing as well.

That's not the say the majority aren't - just that there is a very visible change.

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:38 - Apr 27 with 2323 viewsKieran_Knows

I noticed on the park at the end of Bramford Lane yesterday that someone had put a sign up saying that the Ipswich Borough Council/Police had been patrolling the area and had issued £60 fines to people.

Me and the missus tend to go that way for our daily walk and when we went one night last week it was packed. About 5/6 lads playing football on there as well as several people on the park itself.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:45 - Apr 27 with 2291 viewsbluelagos

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:19 - Apr 27 by StokieBlue

SB

My point is that none of us (me, you or anyone) has an overview but those who do (The police) have been stating that the majority of people have and continue to follow the guidelines. Which seems to be odds with what a number of posters post / believe.

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:46 - Apr 27 with 2282 viewsGeoffSentence

Dunno if it is still the case but a week ago or so there was some stats bod on R4 saying that the lockdown was being observed better than expected and better than the models were predicting.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:48 - Apr 27 with 2268 viewsStokieBlue

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:45 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

My point is that none of us (me, you or anyone) has an overview but those who do (The police) have been stating that the majority of people have and continue to follow the guidelines. Which seems to be odds with what a number of posters post / believe.

People can only post their anecdotal experiences by definition these are precise.

The police post wide ranging statements which by definition are not precise.

The two things can both be true. I think you would be surprised if your cycle ride took you through central London on a sunny weekend.

That doesn't mean that nationwide it isn't being observed well. That isn't much good to people living in the places where it isn't being observed as well though.

SB
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 15:50]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:48 - Apr 27 with 2266 viewsbluelagos

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:16 - Apr 27 by sparks

You realise that they say such things as encouragement quite often?

Encouragement might indeed be their motives for their making observations public. But that doesn't mean their observations are incorrect.

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:50 - Apr 27 with 2251 viewsbluelagos

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:46 - Apr 27 by GeoffSentence

Dunno if it is still the case but a week ago or so there was some stats bod on R4 saying that the lockdown was being observed better than expected and better than the models were predicting.

I recall that too.

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:52 - Apr 27 with 2243 viewsbluelagos

Everyone stating the lockdown isn't holding... on 15:17 - Apr 27 by gainsboroughblue

The only issue with praise is that the ones who are flouting the distancing rules can say to themselves. 'It's ok, there's enough people staying indoors so us being out is ok'.

Mind you, that's assuming some of these fools are keeping tabs on the news and instructions in the first place.

I often think that tbh. So much of what the govt say (and this is not a criticism) is preaching to the converted. How to get through to the small minority who brazenly ignore social distancing is a whole different question and not one I have a strong opinion on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024