Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancelled DD 15:43 - Apr 27 with 9549 viewsJubba1975

Who else has taken the jump and stopped payments to ITFC??

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 15:44]
Cancelled DD on 15:48 - Apr 27 with 6317 viewsSitfcB

The way I see it is, until the football resumes with supporters in attendance, as a donation towards the club. Say what you want about Marcus Evans etc etc but the club needs are financial support more than ever and if my £27 a month can help towards that then so be it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cancelled DD on 15:50 - Apr 27 with 6269 viewsPJH

Cancelled DD on 15:48 - Apr 27 by SitfcB

The way I see it is, until the football resumes with supporters in attendance, as a donation towards the club. Say what you want about Marcus Evans etc etc but the club needs are financial support more than ever and if my £27 a month can help towards that then so be it.

I pay upfront so I will lob in my contribution in the next couple of weeks.
Cancelled DD on 15:51 - Apr 27 with 6257 viewsJ2BLUE

Have you let them know rather than just cancelled?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cancelled DD on 15:55 - Apr 27 with 6248 viewsGeoffSentence

As you have £27 a month spare, why do you feel that ITFC is the best recipient for it?

I appreciate that this could sound like I am having a dig, but I really aren't, just wondering what thought processes are behind giving money to the football club when there are other deserving causes out there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cancelled DD on 15:59 - Apr 27 with 6220 viewsKieran_Knows

Cancelled DD on 15:55 - Apr 27 by GeoffSentence

As you have £27 a month spare, why do you feel that ITFC is the best recipient for it?

I appreciate that this could sound like I am having a dig, but I really aren't, just wondering what thought processes are behind giving money to the football club when there are other deserving causes out there.

I see what you're saying, but I'm in a fortunate position like Sitters that I can afford to carrying on paying it monthly, however, am I missing something?

Football will return at some point (how soon/when that will be is anyone's guess), so at least I know that I have my ST to go when it does.
Secondly, if you don't renew, then football does return, you don't get the cheaper price and you'll have less months to pay it off so it'll end up costing quite a bit more a month.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cancelled DD on 16:00 - Apr 27 with 6212 viewsHerbivore

Not yet but will do so this week. Nothing (directly) related to Covid-19 per se and games being behind closed doors or not happening at all, it's more that (a) I might be moving away from the region in the next 6 months, and (b) I don't really enjoy the games anymore anyway and haven't for a fair while.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cancelled DD on 16:07 - Apr 27 with 6167 viewsFixed_It

This.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Cancelled DD on 16:08 - Apr 27 with 6152 viewsSitfcB

I’ve paid it for the last 6/7 years so why change?

And like Paul_Knows says it makes sense to carry on paying as it’ll stay the same price for the coming season and the next as well, no point in shooting yourself in the foot.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Cancelled DD on 16:15 - Apr 27 with 6118 viewsJubba1975

Cancelled DD on 15:51 - Apr 27 by J2BLUE

Have you let them know rather than just cancelled?

Yeah I contacted the ticket office this morning and sent the required email.

Considering the uncertainty surrounding group gatherings, and the likelihood of games being played behind closed doors,I felt freezing the price wasn't really showing consideration for the supporters.
Cancelled DD on 16:24 - Apr 27 with 6087 viewscarlisleaway

Just like SitfcB I will continue paying and as far as the games we have missed out the club can have mine as a donation. Possibly we are in a luckier position than others on this board but Ipswich Town FC still has to continue running as a business. Yes you may feel other constitutions May need money and I have supported them, but ITFC is my club and don’t want to see us going the same way as Bury.
Cancelled DD on 16:30 - Apr 27 with 6063 viewsJ2BLUE

Cancelled DD on 16:15 - Apr 27 by Jubba1975

Considering the uncertainty surrounding group gatherings, and the likelihood of games being played behind closed doors,I felt freezing the price wasn't really showing consideration for the supporters.

Fair enough. I've cancelled as well to be honest.

I did think it was a decent package Evans offered us but I decided quite a while ago not to renew.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cancelled DD on 17:28 - Apr 27 with 5947 viewsAce_High1

Cancelled DD on 16:30 - Apr 27 by J2BLUE

Fair enough. I've cancelled as well to be honest.

I did think it was a decent package Evans offered us but I decided quite a while ago not to renew.

Wasn't this your first year back? Did you regret it in the end?
Cancelled DD on 17:43 - Apr 27 with 5905 viewsBLUEBEAT

Cancelled DD on 16:15 - Apr 27 by Jubba1975

Think I will cancel now they’ve made it clearer about no group gatherings until 2021.

The savings made in future seasons from having a constant season ticket isn’t really noticeable, to be honest.

The money saved from cancelling 3 Season tickets will however be very noticeable.

Poll: W or W

Cancelled DD on 17:49 - Apr 27 with 5890 viewsfactual_blue

You could argue that to be the case whether there's a pandemic or not.

We'd be a dull sanctimonious bunch* if, after meeting our essential commitments, we only spent money on 'deserving causes'.

*I of course happily self-identify as part of that group.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cancelled DD on 18:03 - Apr 27 with 5851 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

I emailed and cancelled the DD. Being furloughed and over £1.5k a month down on take home I really cant justify paying for a season ticket when more important things are needed. Football is a luxury some cant afford at the minute.
Cancelled DD on 19:58 - Apr 27 with 5649 viewsSitfcB

Cancelled DD on 18:03 - Apr 27 by Cotton_eyed_joe

I emailed and cancelled the DD. Being furloughed and over £1.5k a month down on take home I really cant justify paying for a season ticket when more important things are needed. Football is a luxury some cant afford at the minute.

Ooo look at me and how much I earn.

COYB

Cancelled DD on 20:15 - Apr 27 with 5628 viewsTendring_Blue

Agree with this and would love to do the same. But sadly cant. It's a nightmare trying to get a job ATM, really really tough.
Cancelled DD on 20:39 - Apr 27 with 5570 viewsHerbivore

Cancelled DD on 18:03 - Apr 27 by Cotton_eyed_joe

If you're usually pulling in £4k plus take home then £330 a year for a season ticket is a drop in the ocean, surely.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cancelled DD on 20:39 - Apr 27 with 5571 viewshammo56

Stopped mine last week.
With so much uncertainty about when crowds will be allowed back into stadiums decided that I would wait and see how things pan out. If fans are not allowed back into grounds until 2021 it might even be a case of asking myself have I really missed attending games that much.
Cancelled DD on 20:50 - Apr 27 with 5545 viewsCopfordBlue

I cancelled on Friday. I’ve been loyal enough over 40+ years not to feel bad about it.

Lambert will still be in charge next season, ME will invest less, crowds will be down, the squad will be weaker than ever and to be honest I’ve not missed going to games as much as I thought I would over the past few weeks.

Unlike the majority of comments I have read, I didn’t think much of ME’s email about next season.

I really hope I’m wrong, I’d love us to have a good season but I just can’t see it. The last decade, especially last season and how it just petered out have knocked any remaining optimism i had about the club out of me.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 20:51]

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Cancelled DD on 22:26 - Apr 27 with 5394 viewsxrayspecs

Cancelled mine and XRS junior but would have done so irrespective of Covid-19. Four to five hour round trip, Junior potentially off to Uni and first year back as ST holders (had a ST for 10 years+), we are just not getting to enough home games, much easier to buy individual tickets,
Cancelled DD on 22:50 - Apr 27 with 5364 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'll be renewing. Because I support ITFC. Sorry if that upsets a few in this thread.*

*For the hard of thinking, that doesn't mean people struggling because of CV!9

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Cancelled DD on 00:10 - Apr 28 with 5272 viewsBlueBadger

I take a similar view to buying music - sure it's NOT 'essential', but frankly it's a thing that's keeping me sane and a lot of the artists I love are 'working' artists who rely on touring to make a living. So I'm buying direct from websites and bandcamp where I can.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cancelled DD on 02:01 - Apr 28 with 5224 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Where has the financial contribution been throughout the past decade in the transfer markets though?

Too many windows have been and gone with no real ambition being invested into the playing squad.

Recruit has been overall p*ss poor for many of year.

I have no doubts, absolutely no doubts that come this transfer window Downes and Woolfenden will be sold and we will be looking around the bargain buckets again for bosman frees.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Cancelled DD on 06:44 - Apr 28 with 5151 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Cancelled DD on 20:50 - Apr 27 by CopfordBlue

I cancelled on Friday. I’ve been loyal enough over 40+ years not to feel bad about it.

Lambert will still be in charge next season, ME will invest less, crowds will be down, the squad will be weaker than ever and to be honest I’ve not missed going to games as much as I thought I would over the past few weeks.

Unlike the majority of comments I have read, I didn’t think much of ME’s email about next season.

I really hope I’m wrong, I’d love us to have a good season but I just can’t see it. The last decade, especially last season and how it just petered out have knocked any remaining optimism i had about the club out of me.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 20:51]

ME will invest less? It’ll be at least at the current level and in reality more given the complete lack of income at present.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024