Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I permitted to post positive ventilator news? 17:07 - Apr 27 with 1131 viewsLord_Lucan

Friend of mine works at Penlon in Abingdon which is the company that designed the ESO 2. Penlon usually make around 700 anaesthetic ventilators per year but through the ‘UK Ventilator Challenge’ (a consortium featuring Penlon, McClaren, Ford, Airbus, STI and other companies) they are producing 15,000 machines in 10 weeks.

The Penlon facility in Abingdon has been converted into the test house (ventilators undergo a lengthy and thorough test), Airbus are assembling the absorbers, McClaren the trolleys then it all goes off to Ford to be assembled into the full ESO 2 ventilator (AVC, Flowmeter, Absorber and ventilator) before going back to Abingdon to be tested.

My mates job is Final Approval doing the very last QC and paperwork checks and authorising the machines release.

The machines are restricted for use in the Covid-19 pandemic and are heading out to the NHS now

300 supplied
1000 by the end of this week
1500 per week thereafter

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 17:09]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Am I permitted to post positive ventilator news? on 17:26 - Apr 27 with 1039 viewsartsbossbeard

Mate of mine is on one of the Dyson ones.

He's picking up nicely.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Am I permitted to post positive ventilator news? on 17:28 - Apr 27 with 1020 viewsLord_Lucan

Am I permitted to post positive ventilator news? on 17:26 - Apr 27 by artsbossbeard

Mate of mine is on one of the Dyson ones.

He's picking up nicely.

Typical Beard, typical.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Am I permitted to post positive ventilator news? on 18:34 - Apr 27 with 921 viewsGuthrum

Good stuff.

Even if the UK ends up not needing all the extra ones, there's going to be somewhere in the world which will (e.g. large parts of Africa).
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 18:35]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024