Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like France are about to..... 14:29 - Apr 28 with 4662 viewsBloots

….cancel the current football season entirely.

Assume they will declare it null and void.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:33 - Apr 28 with 2052 viewsitfcjoe

Think they will declare it finished as opposed to null and void, they just don't know how yet that will work.

We are really in for a sh*t few months, this isn't going away soon

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:33 - Apr 28 with 2052 viewsBlueBadger

If we do the same, and all events of this season are null and void, does this mean that Paul Lambert now doesn't have a five year contract?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:38 - Apr 28 with 1999 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:33 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

Think they will declare it finished as opposed to null and void, they just don't know how yet that will work.

Indeed. Holland last week, now France (to a different degree). Germany likely to follow with infection rate increasing too.

The Premier League is just looking incompetent now. Oh and greedy of course

[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 14:40]
Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:45 - Apr 28 with 1957 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:33 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

They've all played the same amount of games except Strasbourg I think who are lower mid table and PSG who are top anyway, so nothing really needed in terms of alteration.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:46 - Apr 28 with 1950 viewsfactual_blue

Since when has France had the right to cancel our football season?

Wouldn't have happened if we'd voted Remain.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:48 - Apr 28 with 1938 viewsPinewoodblue

Leave to Guthrum to calculate the final league tables.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:51 - Apr 28 with 1922 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:38 - Apr 28 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. Holland last week, now France (to a different degree). Germany likely to follow with infection rate increasing too.

The Premier League is just looking incompetent now. Oh and greedy of course

[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 14:40]

Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion re the PL

The Ligue Un decision has literally only just happened (and indeed not yet formally announced) and as far as I’m aware the Bundesliga is still pushing to resume in May although I suspect that will change with the latest reports from Germany. La Liga and Serie A have no decision

I suspect as a couple of dominoes fall others will follow suit, but until about 30 mins ago the PL desire to recommence at some point was entirely in line with their peers
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 14:52]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:53 - Apr 28 with 1922 viewsChrisd

I really can’t see how football will function? Although we all want it back, the logistics behind how it will work haven’t really been looked into.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:57 - Apr 28 with 1878 viewsChrisd

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:51 - Apr 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The Ligue Un decision has literally only just happened (and indeed not yet formally announced) and as far as I’m aware the Bundesliga is still pushing to resume in May although I suspect that will change with the latest reports from Germany. La Liga and Serie A have no decision

I suspect as a couple of dominoes fall others will follow suit, but until about 30 mins ago the PL desire to recommence at some point was entirely in line with their peers

If one player picks up the virus, if football restarts and something fatal happens what occurs then?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 14:59]

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:01 - Apr 28 with 1849 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:53 - Apr 28 by Chrisd

I really can’t see how football will function? Although we all want it back, the logistics behind how it will work haven’t really been looked into.

I'm sure the PL have been doing nothing but looking into the logistics

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:05 - Apr 28 with 1823 viewsChrisd

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:01 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

I'm sure the PL have been doing nothing but looking into the logistics

You’d hope so, but I feel a lot of this is more driven about the money. I’m really interested to see how this will work.

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:07 - Apr 28 with 1821 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:05 - Apr 28 by Chrisd

You’d hope so, but I feel a lot of this is more driven about the money. I’m really interested to see how this will work.

Everything is driven by money, every industry wanting to get back is for the money

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:08 - Apr 28 with 1815 viewsChrisd

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:07 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

Everything is driven by money, every industry wanting to get back is for the money

Playing competitive sport, sweating, spitting and coming into physical contact is a little different to working in an office environment and we still appear some time away from coming up with a vaccine.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 15:12]

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:09 - Apr 28 with 1817 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:53 - Apr 28 by Chrisd

Closed doors because Sky need the money. And the PL need the money.

But they only need the money because it was a greed fest to begin with.

I hope big business really thinks about investment back into themselves for security and not just profit or to suck it into an off shore bank account of a bloated salary after this is all done. A lesson learned, but also quite obvious it should have never gone that far to begin with.

It's the PL and C'ship clubs I'm more worried about than L1 and L2.

Although the lower clubs are in more danger as things stand, a little could go a long way to protect them with lower wage bills, league support, owners chipping in, furloughed wages, wage deferral and other means.

But many of the top two league clubs are pretty much going to fall down quite fast unless somehow MILLJONS is pumped in a month to each of them, and as Joe said likely for a prolonged period of time. And it ain't gonna happen because there would (rightly) be national outrage if Football was put above supporting the public and health system. I can see a handful of PL and C'ship teams being very close to the wall by the Summer.

So where's the support going to come from if the PL isn't bringing in TV revenue? Closed door games is the only chance, and because the top 6 PL clubs have held all the power since 1992 it's probably what we'll get.

It will be dross but if everyone is pitching in a tenner a game across the game as fans to watch from home, and that money is spent fairly across the board based on club size, it might work. But again it won't. Do you think Liverpool will give up a few thousand each game to help out the likes of Accrington and Fleetwood? Doubtful.

Part of me is enjoying watching this more than I have the game for the last year. Call me a sadist but modern football has been a sh1tshow for too long. They made deadline day for the sake of a biannual reality TV circus where Sky could get their views up without any games on. Well have this for a circus then you greedy f*cking pr1cks. What you reap is what you sow.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:09 - Apr 28 with 1806 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:57 - Apr 28 by Chrisd

If one player picks up the virus, if football restarts and something fatal happens what occurs then?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 14:59]

Not sure if that was meant in reply to me but I agree with your general point - I just don’t see any satisfactory way it can start anytime soon

Have said all along I am expecting this season will not get completed once it becomes apparent that games are going to have to be dropped - the big question is what happens to it then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:10 - Apr 28 with 1802 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:08 - Apr 28 by Chrisd

Playing competitive sport, sweating, spitting and coming into physical contact is a little different to working in an office environment and we still appear some time away from coming up with a vaccine.

What about construction, which is one of the industries that the Govt is pushing to get back? No industry would go back if it wasn't for the money - and the Govt need the tax take

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:11 - Apr 28 with 1793 viewsPinewoodblue

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:07 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

Saw a suggestion that two teams promoted with no play offs and no relegation.

Lucky Norwich if tha happens. Relegated this year they two years parachute payments,relegated next year they get three.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:14 - Apr 28 with 1768 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:11 - Apr 28 by Pinewoodblue

Saw a suggestion that two teams promoted with no play offs and no relegation.

Lucky Norwich if tha happens. Relegated this year they two years parachute payments,relegated next year they get three.

I don't think parachute payments will be a thing when football is back anymore. It can't be. Surely?

TWTD never forgets…

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:14 - Apr 28 with 1761 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:45 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

They've all played the same amount of games except Strasbourg I think who are lower mid table and PSG who are top anyway, so nothing really needed in terms of alteration.

All depends if they try to 'simulate' the remaining results i guess?
Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:16 - Apr 28 with 1738 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:14 - Apr 28 by ElderGrizzly

All depends if they try to 'simulate' the remaining results i guess?

The simulation has us for a random improvement of form for the last 9 games i hope!?

TWTD never forgets…

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:17 - Apr 28 with 1728 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like France are about to..... on 14:51 - Apr 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Because they are focused on money and avoiding paying Sky a £760m 'contract fine' and seem happy putting hundred at risk directly on a match day to do so.

I'd imagine if Sky said the payback was no longer required, the league would end tomorrow.
Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:18 - Apr 28 with 1724 viewsFixed_It

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:09 - Apr 28 by monytowbray

Closed doors because Sky need the money. And the PL need the money.

But they only need the money because it was a greed fest to begin with.

I hope big business really thinks about investment back into themselves for security and not just profit or to suck it into an off shore bank account of a bloated salary after this is all done. A lesson learned, but also quite obvious it should have never gone that far to begin with.

It's the PL and C'ship clubs I'm more worried about than L1 and L2.

Although the lower clubs are in more danger as things stand, a little could go a long way to protect them with lower wage bills, league support, owners chipping in, furloughed wages, wage deferral and other means.

But many of the top two league clubs are pretty much going to fall down quite fast unless somehow MILLJONS is pumped in a month to each of them, and as Joe said likely for a prolonged period of time. And it ain't gonna happen because there would (rightly) be national outrage if Football was put above supporting the public and health system. I can see a handful of PL and C'ship teams being very close to the wall by the Summer.

So where's the support going to come from if the PL isn't bringing in TV revenue? Closed door games is the only chance, and because the top 6 PL clubs have held all the power since 1992 it's probably what we'll get.

It will be dross but if everyone is pitching in a tenner a game across the game as fans to watch from home, and that money is spent fairly across the board based on club size, it might work. But again it won't. Do you think Liverpool will give up a few thousand each game to help out the likes of Accrington and Fleetwood? Doubtful.

Part of me is enjoying watching this more than I have the game for the last year. Call me a sadist but modern football has been a sh1tshow for too long. They made deadline day for the sake of a biannual reality TV circus where Sky could get their views up without any games on. Well have this for a circus then you greedy f*cking pr1cks. What you reap is what you sow.

You're not a fan of Sky or the Prem then? Or am I reading too much into your post...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:19 - Apr 28 with 1703 viewsChrisd

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:10 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

What about construction, which is one of the industries that the Govt is pushing to get back? No industry would go back if it wasn't for the money - and the Govt need the tax take

I’m assuming with construction you could police it better in terms of people working in designated areas and keeping their distance. Could you do that for a football match? I’m not trying to be an ar*e, more playing devil’s advocate.

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:19 - Apr 28 with 1704 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:08 - Apr 28 by Chrisd

Agree. 1 positive test and a whole club and support staff are in quarantine. 200+ people.

And everything stops again...
Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:21 - Apr 28 with 1691 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like France are about to..... on 15:10 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

I'd suggest one was essential (construction) and football isn't
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024