Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed 08:33 - Apr 29 with 2306 viewshype313

Used to frequent there years ago pre match.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/business/the-black-horse-pub-ipswich-will-clo
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 8:33]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 08:40 - Apr 29 with 2252 viewsGeoffSentence

Was my pre-match pub of choice.

It seems like the current tenants were already leaving, they gave notice in February, but with the current crisis no-one wants to take it over.

I hope, that once it is over they can find a tenant but I imagine that potential takers might consider the pub trade to be much more high risk after this event.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 08:48 - Apr 29 with 2242 viewsbluelagos

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 08:40 - Apr 29 by GeoffSentence

Was my pre-match pub of choice.

It seems like the current tenants were already leaving, they gave notice in February, but with the current crisis no-one wants to take it over.

I hope, that once it is over they can find a tenant but I imagine that potential takers might consider the pub trade to be much more high risk after this event.

When the lockdown is eased, I just can't see pubs being released given the near impossibility of social distancing safely. Which makes you worry for many pubs if they are waiting til a complete lockdown release...

The fallout is going to be very high, as in many areas of the economy.

Too depressing...time for a cycle ride ☺

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 08:56 - Apr 29 with 2222 viewsMullet

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 08:48 - Apr 29 by bluelagos

When the lockdown is eased, I just can't see pubs being released given the near impossibility of social distancing safely. Which makes you worry for many pubs if they are waiting til a complete lockdown release...

The fallout is going to be very high, as in many areas of the economy.

Too depressing...time for a cycle ride ☺

I kind of hope people remember and it's Wetherspoons that gets hit the most. He's already let his staff go so it won't affect them as much as others, but I wonder if we'll move to other countries where pubs just aren't the same thing.

In Oz and New Zeland it seemed they were mostly all a cross between betting shops and social care for elderly alcoholics and everyone else drank at home.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:15 - Apr 29 with 2150 viewsITFC_Forever

That place changes hands all the time.

But with the likelihood pubs aren't going to be opening for at least another 6 - 8 months, this one really does feel like it could be terminal.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:17 - Apr 29 with 2144 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Always good for some pre match Doom!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:18 - Apr 29 with 2146 viewsSteve_M

Did it do much business outside of match days? It felt a little bit behind the times last time I went in there - sometime last season - but was always a good pre-match venue.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 2111 viewsfactual_blue

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 08:56 - Apr 29 by Mullet

I kind of hope people remember and it's Wetherspoons that gets hit the most. He's already let his staff go so it won't affect them as much as others, but I wonder if we'll move to other countries where pubs just aren't the same thing.

In Oz and New Zeland it seemed they were mostly all a cross between betting shops and social care for elderly alcoholics and everyone else drank at home.

I imagine 'spoons are a 'cross between betting shops and social care for elderly alcoholics'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:35 - Apr 29 with 2070 viewsGeoffSentence

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:26 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

I imagine 'spoons are a 'cross between betting shops and social care for elderly alcoholics'.

It would be a disaster if Wetherspoons were to close. Where else can you get a beer with your breakfast?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:36 - Apr 29 with 2060 viewssolemio

Shame. This is a genuinely historic inn.
Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:36 - Apr 29 with 2060 viewsMullet

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:35 - Apr 29 by GeoffSentence

It would be a disaster if Wetherspoons were to close. Where else can you get a beer with your breakfast?

Gatwick

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:47 - Apr 29 with 2009 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:35 - Apr 29 by GeoffSentence

Or keep the riff raff contained in one place?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:58 - Apr 29 with 1990 viewsMullet

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:47 - Apr 29 by GlasgowBlue

Or keep the riff raff contained in one place?

Isn't that why we won't let Scotland have independence?

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:59 - Apr 29 with 1991 viewssolemio

Since I realised what a bustard Mr Martin is, I don't think I could go into a 'spoons again and look myself in the face. Problem is if everyone takes this attitude it would clearly impact on the poor unfortunates who work for him.
Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 10:25 - Apr 29 with 1948 viewsSitfcB

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:15 - Apr 29 by ITFC_Forever

That place changes hands all the time.

But with the likelihood pubs aren't going to be opening for at least another 6 - 8 months, this one really does feel like it could be terminal.

All the time...

Current landlords been there 3 years.

Ones before that 5 years.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 10:28 - Apr 29 with 1940 viewsmonytowbray

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 10:25 - Apr 29 by SitfcB

All the time...

To be fair those innings aren’t bad seeing as they have to put up with us more than enough.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 10:30 - Apr 29 with 1934 viewsITFC_Forever

All the time...

Still a fairly regular turnover, when some landlords stay at a place for decades at a time.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 10:34 - Apr 29 with 1926 viewsBrixtonBlue

That is sad. Has been our regular post-match haunt for 20 odd years I reckon. Its crapness was part of its charm.

After reading this I texted the gang that there will be no-more Colourblind Hedghogs, Death Gash and lipstick on your glass. Sad times indeed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 10:36 - Apr 29 with 1924 viewsBrixtonBlue

All the time...

Some of us were drinking in there before you were in booties Sitters! It's changed hands lots of times over the years.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 10:38 - Apr 29 with 1915 viewsSharkey

My impression through the last decade is that fewer and fewer people care about pubs, and it's surprised me a bit how much they have been part of the rhetoric, including from the PM when he was dithering.

But maybe during all this people will actually contemplate what 'culture' means to them, and their appetite for pubs (as well as concerts, theatre, sport etc) will actually be strengthened. We can only wait and see.
Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 10:40 - Apr 29 with 1911 viewsMaySixth

Never really warmed to the place.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 11:16 - Apr 29 with 1865 viewshoppy

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 09:36 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Gatwick

Is there anywhere to park?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 11:17 - Apr 29 with 1859 viewsMullet

Sad to read that the Black Horse has closed on 11:16 - Apr 29 by hoppy

Is there anywhere to park?

QED

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024