Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn / Starmer 13:40 - Apr 29 with 2138 viewsOldsmoker

Maybe it's just me but I have seen a difference in how the left-wing media ie Independent/Guardian are reporting Corbyn and Starmer.
Corbyn was described as asking, enquiring, criticising whereas Starmer attacks and slams.
I suppose they disliked Corbyn but like Starmer and that is why the reporting is different.
The Tories are nothing without the right-wing media shouting their corner and Corbyn was let down by the left-wing media which was never there for him.
Shame.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:48 - Apr 29 with 1823 viewsDarth_Koont

We have had the Establishment defining its own idea of a suitable opposition. Which is an even sicker joke when people blindly go along with that.

Having said that, I don't mind Starmer and am willing to give him every chance. The superficial nonsense is never important except for those in politics and the media who make their careers out of that - it'll be the actual policies that need to be aired, criticised and defended.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:49 - Apr 29 with 1825 viewsBlueBadger

Perhaps it's because Starmer is easier to get behind because he doesn't carry half of Corbyn's bag of dodgy past(and present) associations and appears considerably more competent?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 13:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:54 - Apr 29 with 1802 viewsmonytowbray

The left wing press in this country aren’t really all that left wing. The Guardian would align closest to my views in terms of the stories they cover but left wing big business will always be an oxymoron for me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:54 - Apr 29 with 1799 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:49 - Apr 29 by BlueBadger

Perhaps it's because Starmer is easier to get behind because he doesn't carry half of Corbyn's bag of dodgy past(and present) associations and appears considerably more competent?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 13:49]

How would you know?

You've been one of the worst at trotting out this stuff as if it's just another of your mantras about Ipswich managers.

If you want to be critical be, you know, critical. Not just another nodding simpleton.

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:56 - Apr 29 with 1791 viewsOldsmoker

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:48 - Apr 29 by Darth_Koont

We have had the Establishment defining its own idea of a suitable opposition. Which is an even sicker joke when people blindly go along with that.

Having said that, I don't mind Starmer and am willing to give him every chance. The superficial nonsense is never important except for those in politics and the media who make their careers out of that - it'll be the actual policies that need to be aired, criticised and defended.

I like Starmer but I like all Labour leaders.
He ticks the boxes of a lot more people than Corbyn did.
As Labour policies are decided by conference, Starmer has to accept that the policies in the last manifesto are those he should carry forward until the next conference in the autumn.
He will promote those he liked but forget those he didn't.
Labour must be sensible and determine the mood of the country after the lockdown. This event has changed peoples views on a lot of things and Labour must grab the initiative and own those views to show the country they are the way forward.

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:58 - Apr 29 with 1777 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:54 - Apr 29 by monytowbray

The left wing press in this country aren’t really all that left wing. The Guardian would align closest to my views in terms of the stories they cover but left wing big business will always be an oxymoron for me.

Indeed: The Guardian and the leftish elements of the BBC have shown all the social democratic principles of some of those Labour HQ twerps exposed in the recent leaks.

Basically, people playing at left-wing politics when they're barely even LibDems in any real political sense. That's Blair's legacy turning the opposition into a tool for actually preserving the status quo.

Corbyn / Starmer on 14:04 - Apr 29 with 1757 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn / Starmer on 13:56 - Apr 29 by Oldsmoker

I like Starmer but I like all Labour leaders.
He ticks the boxes of a lot more people than Corbyn did.
As Labour policies are decided by conference, Starmer has to accept that the policies in the last manifesto are those he should carry forward until the next conference in the autumn.
He will promote those he liked but forget those he didn't.
Labour must be sensible and determine the mood of the country after the lockdown. This event has changed peoples views on a lot of things and Labour must grab the initiative and own those views to show the country they are the way forward.

Yes, I'd agree with that.

The pandemic is awful but it's also a real opportunity to redress some imbalances and inequalities, and develop a much better, more sustainable economy and society. Not to mention the chance to change how we talk about society's needs in politics and the media. It can be a very good first step towards that, at least.

Corbyn / Starmer on 14:06 - Apr 29 with 1752 viewssparks

I think you need some more susbtantive evidence for that assertion. Could it be confirmation bias on your part?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn / Starmer on 14:10 - Apr 29 with 1736 viewsOldsmoker

Corbyn / Starmer on 14:06 - Apr 29 by sparks

I think you need some more susbtantive evidence for that assertion. Could it be confirmation bias on your part?

Well it could be confirmation bias. I liked Corbyn, he is a decent bloke even though he supports Arsenal.
The evidence is there in the newspaper reports of previous PMQ's. I quoted the words used by those newspapers in describing Corbyn/Starmer performances.

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:05 - Apr 29 with 1686 viewsgiant_stow

oh man, you've gone and triggered darth!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:08 - Apr 29 with 1661 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:05 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

oh man, you've gone and triggered darth!

Indeed.

Here's you to apply a tepid, damp blanket of denial.

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:11 - Apr 29 with 1643 viewsElephantintheRoom

Starmer is a barrister and therefore pretty good at exposing a dodgy defence.... corbyn is an irrational windbag.

There is also something known as 'the honeymoon period'.... but as there is nothing Labour can do to undermine the entrenched right wing exxtremists now 'running the country' it is sadly all rather immaterial.

But at least he has plenty of open goals to aim for now... with a no deal brexit fast approaching too.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:18 - Apr 29 with 1624 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:11 - Apr 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Starmer is a barrister and therefore pretty good at exposing a dodgy defence.... corbyn is an irrational windbag.

There is also something known as 'the honeymoon period'.... but as there is nothing Labour can do to undermine the entrenched right wing exxtremists now 'running the country' it is sadly all rather immaterial.

But at least he has plenty of open goals to aim for now... with a no deal brexit fast approaching too.

Corbyn had so many brexit open goals to aim at, but didn't even shoot.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:27 - Apr 29 with 1602 viewslowhouseblue

the thing is, starmer is very clever and able. corbyn was, by a long distance, neither of those things. journalists on the guardian weren't really prepared to misrepresent that by as much as would have been required.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:35 - Apr 29 with 1576 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:27 - Apr 29 by lowhouseblue

the thing is, starmer is very clever and able. corbyn was, by a long distance, neither of those things. journalists on the guardian weren't really prepared to misrepresent that by as much as would have been required.

In his policies, Corbyn was principled and largely right though. That's what he stood for.

The Guardian and BBC seemed to be blindly following the agenda of people who didn't want to make the debate about policies. Which is pretty inexcusable for those who claim to be progressive or even just neutral.

By not providing "effective opposition" in political debate, they own the current government just as much as the Daily Mail does.

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:36 - Apr 29 with 1576 viewsSteve_M

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:18 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

Corbyn had so many brexit open goals to aim at, but didn't even shoot.

It wasn't so much that he didn't shoot, it was more like this:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:37 - Apr 29 with 1567 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:36 - Apr 29 by Steve_M

If you want to be critical be, you know, critical. Not just another nodding simpleton.

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:37 - Apr 29 with 1565 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:36 - Apr 29 by Steve_M

you absolute brute you.

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:51 - Apr 29 with 1518 viewslowhouseblue

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:35 - Apr 29 by Darth_Koont

In his policies, Corbyn was principled and largely right though. That's what he stood for.

The Guardian and BBC seemed to be blindly following the agenda of people who didn't want to make the debate about policies. Which is pretty inexcusable for those who claim to be progressive or even just neutral.

By not providing "effective opposition" in political debate, they own the current government just as much as the Daily Mail does.

what you mean is that you agreed with him. fine.

if more people had agreed with him he might have had some effect on something.

but they didn't and he didn't.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 15:57]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Corbyn / Starmer on 16:03 - Apr 29 with 1474 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn / Starmer on 15:51 - Apr 29 by lowhouseblue

what you mean is that you agreed with him. fine.

if more people had agreed with him he might have had some effect on something.

but they didn't and he didn't.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 15:57]

No, I meant that he was outmanoeuvred and outgunned by those keen to defend the status quo. Critically, including the people who should have been largely supportive of Labour and its members and certainly against ushering in a new Tory government.

If even the laughably named "centre-left" in Labour HQ, the PLP and the Guardian are playing the same shady game then what hope do the electorate have to make a somewhat balanced decision?

I hope you lot get skewered in the investigation. You're exactly what is wrong with British politics and no better than the right-wing politicians and media who are at least up-front about it.

Corbyn / Starmer on 16:55 - Apr 29 with 1386 viewslowhouseblue

Corbyn / Starmer on 16:03 - Apr 29 by Darth_Koont

No, I meant that he was outmanoeuvred and outgunned by those keen to defend the status quo. Critically, including the people who should have been largely supportive of Labour and its members and certainly against ushering in a new Tory government.

If even the laughably named "centre-left" in Labour HQ, the PLP and the Guardian are playing the same shady game then what hope do the electorate have to make a somewhat balanced decision?

I hope you lot get skewered in the investigation. You're exactly what is wrong with British politics and no better than the right-wing politicians and media who are at least up-front about it.

the fantasy in which you indulge, and which will always make you an irrelevance however irritating, is that your views are something other than those of a small minority. you make up nonsense narratives in which everyone really agrees with you but the media or the establishment or, for all i know, israel brainwash them into something else. and you tell yourself that this must be true because yours is the only correct view of the world so how could people, who weren't brainwashed by the establishment, possibly disagree. and that makes you an irrelevance because, representing an impotent minority and being incapable of compromise, you're never going to change anything. you'll just pompously bang on for ever more.

Corbyn / Starmer on 17:01 - Apr 29 with 1367 viewsSpruceMoose

Corbyn / Starmer on 16:55 - Apr 29 by lowhouseblue

the fantasy in which you indulge, and which will always make you an irrelevance however irritating, is that your views are something other than those of a small minority. you make up nonsense narratives in which everyone really agrees with you but the media or the establishment or, for all i know, israel brainwash them into something else. and you tell yourself that this must be true because yours is the only correct view of the world so how could people, who weren't brainwashed by the establishment, possibly disagree. and that makes you an irrelevance because, representing an impotent minority and being incapable of compromise, you're never going to change anything. you'll just pompously bang on for ever more.

Seriously mate, it is time to splash out and buy yourself a new keyboard. Treat yourself to a Caps Lock button that actually works!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Corbyn / Starmer on 17:08 - Apr 29 with 1348 viewslowhouseblue

Corbyn / Starmer on 17:01 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

Seriously mate, it is time to splash out and buy yourself a new keyboard. Treat yourself to a Caps Lock button that actually works!

you're just an agent for the keyboard status quo. rise up are rebel against typographical conventions.

Corbyn / Starmer on 17:09 - Apr 29 with 1344 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn / Starmer on 16:55 - Apr 29 by lowhouseblue

Unlike you I back up my opinions with evidence. You dismiss my opinions as rantings by ignoring the evidence and blindly pushing your narrative.

When I see your sh!tweb of lies unravelling day by day, and the serial accusers revealing their own lack of evidence, I don't even get a grim satisfaction, just cold anger So, yes, I'll keep standing up against that level of dishonesty and political nonsense because the country deserves an awful lot better.

And I fervently hope you've also been spreading this stuff in your own name so that you are never involved in politics again.

Enjoy your evening.

Corbyn / Starmer on 17:12 - Apr 29 with 1322 viewslowhouseblue

Corbyn / Starmer on 17:09 - Apr 29 by Darth_Koont

Unlike you I back up my opinions with evidence. You dismiss my opinions as rantings by ignoring the evidence and blindly pushing your narrative.

When I see your sh!tweb of lies unravelling day by day, and the serial accusers revealing their own lack of evidence, I don't even get a grim satisfaction, just cold anger So, yes, I'll keep standing up against that level of dishonesty and political nonsense because the country deserves an awful lot better.

And I fervently hope you've also been spreading this stuff in your own name so that you are never involved in politics again.

Enjoy your evening.

oh dear, deep breaths into a paper bag??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024