Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really got into Breaking Bad 18:06 - Apr 29 with 2359 viewsWarkystache

I never watched it first time round (I'm not usually keen on US drama series) but this is excellent. I'm up to Series 3 so far and it's been a real eye-opener, better than probably anything I've watched on telly so far in the lockdown.

Anyone else a fan?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Really got into Breaking Bad on 18:13 - Apr 29 with 2047 viewsLord_Lucan

Loved it.

You also have the advantage of then moving onto Better Call Saul - even if the last series was a bit sh1te.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Really got into Breaking Bad on 18:15 - Apr 29 with 2035 viewsgiant_stow

one of thos rare times when the hype was right - brilliant tv show.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Really got into Breaking Bad on 18:17 - Apr 29 with 2024 viewsBluefish

Top tip. When you get to the episode with the fly just skip it. Nothing at all happens

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Really got into Breaking Bad on 19:06 - Apr 29 with 1980 viewsBlueBadger

Really got into Breaking Bad on 18:17 - Apr 29 by Bluefish

Top tip. When you get to the episode with the fly just skip it. Nothing at all happens

This is basically my approach to ITFC matches for the past 18 months.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Really got into Breaking Bad on 19:07 - Apr 29 with 1981 viewsWarkystache

Walter turns really nasty in this series (3). But my favourite episode so far is the ATM-head-crusher one

Really got into Breaking Bad on 20:41 - Apr 29 with 1908 viewsdavblue

Massively so, i only watched it a few years ago and it is very good!
Really got into Breaking Bad on 06:20 - Apr 30 with 1748 viewsIPS_wich

Wrong IMHO - I'll grant you it's a divisive episode and nothing 'happens', but for me it is one of the most critical episodes over all five seasons. You are effectively watching the last trace of 'Walt' ebb out of his body as he gives himself up fully to 'Heisenberg'. I swear there were passages where I didn't breath for minutes. Just an incredible, claustrophobic episode and in my top five episodes of BB.
Really got into Breaking Bad on 06:58 - Apr 30 with 1732 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Absolutely yes, ridiculously good programme

Although I’d give El Camino a swerve if I was you

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:09 - Apr 30 with 1695 viewsFunge

Really got into Breaking Bad on 06:58 - Apr 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Absolutely yes, ridiculously good programme

Although I’d give El Camino a swerve if I was you

Harsh call on EC, say I.

Jesse needed a proper ending, and he gets one.

Plus Robert Forster is great.
Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:38 - Apr 30 with 1662 viewsGlasgowBlue

Really got into Breaking Bad on 18:13 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

Loved it.

You also have the advantage of then moving onto Better Call Saul - even if the last series was a bit sh1te.

I enjoyed the latest series of BCS.

Breaking a bad is a great series but lacks a main character who is genuinely likeable or someone you you can root for, other than Walt’s brother in law.

Walt has absolutely no redeeming features.

That’s why I put series like the Sopranos or the Wire above Breaking Bad.

Tony Soprano may be a murderer and a drug dealer but he’s a likeable murderer and drug dealer.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 8:52]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:42 - Apr 30 with 1663 viewsBluefish

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:38 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

Breaking a bad is a great series but lacks a main character who is genuinely likeable or someone you you can root for, other than Walt’s brother in law.

Tony Soprano may be a murderer and a drug dealer but he’s a likeable murderer and drug dealer.

Dexter is still the best

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:44 - Apr 30 with 1653 viewsGlasgowBlue

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:42 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

Dexter is still the best

I genuinely haven’t watched a single episode of Dexter.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:50 - Apr 30 with 1654 viewsitfcjoe

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:38 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

I've struggled with better Call Saul, have gotten to the start of Season 4 but just not grabbing me in - feel like I'm watching it because it's supposed to be good. I like a few of the characters, and don't mind it but it isn't grabbing me.

The key for BB for me is the decent from Walt into being someone who is your average Joe, good guy, to someone who has the no redeeming features - is that nature or nurture? Who else would follow that path once on it, when you miss those turn back points. WHo else has that bubbling away under them?

A bit like the Stanford Prison Experiment, fascinating re the psychology of a man

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:04 - Apr 30 with 1632 viewsDarth_Koont

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:50 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

I've struggled with better Call Saul, have gotten to the start of Season 4 but just not grabbing me in - feel like I'm watching it because it's supposed to be good. I like a few of the characters, and don't mind it but it isn't grabbing me.

The key for BB for me is the decent from Walt into being someone who is your average Joe, good guy, to someone who has the no redeeming features - is that nature or nurture? Who else would follow that path once on it, when you miss those turn back points. WHo else has that bubbling away under them?

A bit like the Stanford Prison Experiment, fascinating re the psychology of a man

Better Call Saul has the same descent for both Saul and Mike. But it's much more nuanced and real.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Breaking Bad but it is much more broad strokes and plot-driven rather than a proper character study.

Pronouns: He/Him

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:18 - Apr 30 with 1590 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dexter is still the best

I loved the first season of Dexter but gave up halfway through season 2 as it just became ridiculous

Does it get better again?

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:25 - Apr 30 with 1578 viewsBluefish

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:18 - Apr 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I loved the first season of Dexter but gave up halfway through season 2 as it just became ridiculous

Does it get better again?

Oh yes!

The last 2 are not so sharp but the last episode in series 4 is the biggest wow moment I've ever had watching TV

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:35 - Apr 30 with 1557 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's very good - right to the end.... as is better call saul which I think now has more episodes that breaking bad

The one-off spin off featuring jessy pinkman is a bit of a slow burn though.

When you've fnished and start to get withdrawal symptoms.... I can recommend Ozark, also on Netflix

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:46 - Apr 30 with 1542 viewsWarkystache

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:35 - Apr 30 by ElephantintheRoom

It's very good - right to the end.... as is better call saul which I think now has more episodes that breaking bad

The one-off spin off featuring jessy pinkman is a bit of a slow burn though.

When you've fnished and start to get withdrawal symptoms.... I can recommend Ozark, also on Netflix

Many thanks for the recommendations.

A few things I've noticed (now on Series 3 Episode 11). That Mike character who is watching Walt's back: Does he work for Saul or Gustav Fring?

I think Fring's going to be killed. He seems too powerful. Also, is Skyler really working for the DEA?

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:53 - Apr 30 with 1533 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Really got into Breaking Bad on 08:09 - Apr 30 by Funge

Harsh call on EC, say I.

Jesse needed a proper ending, and he gets one.

Plus Robert Forster is great.

Unusually you are off the mark on this one Fungers

Agree re an ending for Jesse and was excited to see what happened with him, but El Camino could basically have just been him ordering a hoover and being taken to Canada, the rest was guff

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:56 - Apr 30 with 1522 viewsBLUEBEAT

Dexter is still the best

I haven’t watched Dexter.

Does the series come to a conclusion or does it keep going?

Poll: W or W

Really got into Breaking Bad on 10:00 - Apr 30 with 1505 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:25 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

Oh yes!

The last 2 are not so sharp but the last episode in series 4 is the biggest wow moment I've ever had watching TV

May have to get back on it at some point

I got the feeling watching series 2 the writers had basically written one series which was brilliant then had no idea where to go with it so ended up with more of the same but more silly. But did guess as there were about 7/8 seasons there must have been more to it again at some point

Really got into Breaking Bad on 10:00 - Apr 30 with 1506 viewsBluefish

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:56 - Apr 30 by BLUEBEAT

I haven’t watched Dexter.

Does the series come to a conclusion or does it keep going?

It has a last episode

Really got into Breaking Bad on 10:19 - Apr 30 with 1472 viewsBent_double

Really got into Breaking Bad on 10:00 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

It has a last episode

Yes, quite possibly the worst, most disappointing ending to a great series, ever.

It's almost like they ran out of ideas or money, or just couldn't be bothered in the end. Such a shame for what was great TV uptil that episode.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Really got into Breaking Bad on 10:54 - Apr 30 with 1444 viewsElephantintheRoom

Really got into Breaking Bad on 09:46 - Apr 30 by Warkystache

Many thanks for the recommendations.

A few things I've noticed (now on Series 3 Episode 11). That Mike character who is watching Walt's back: Does he work for Saul or Gustav Fring?

I think Fring's going to be killed. He seems too powerful. Also, is Skyler really working for the DEA?

I dont think I should answer those.... its the slow revelations that make the series so good!

I think you'll have to navigate your way through better call saul for the full answers to the mike questions..... it's a curious series, made slightly odd for a prequel in that the characters are so much older..... but it is very entertaining and fills in loads of gaps.

I'm not sure I agree with some of the other comments from others in the thread.... one of the key things about the series was how the characters changed as the series developed.... most became badder... but maybe jessie became better....

Like someone else just said, the sopranos stands the test of time.... and i found myself revisiting my dvds of The Saint.... when tv entertainment was shall we say a little more innocent!!

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Really got into Breaking Bad on 10:58 - Apr 30 with 1432 viewsBluefish

Really got into Breaking Bad on 10:19 - Apr 30 by Bent_double

Yes, quite possibly the worst, most disappointing ending to a great series, ever.

It's almost like they ran out of ideas or money, or just couldn't be bothered in the end. Such a shame for what was great TV uptil that episode.

Agreed and the last 3 series were just an unwinding towards that as well. A massive shame but I'm still thinking of watching it all again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024