Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? 19:59 - Apr 29 with 1134 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not a particularly new concept, but if you could get into a machine tomorrow and live the perfect life - no pain, no hardship, the ability to do whatever you wanted - in exchange for your real life, would you take it?

Once in the machine your real life is forgotten and your senses are just fed everything, so you experience it as if it's real. Any family members are there, if you want... but they're not your real family, you've said goodbye to them. You live out the rest of your days in absolute bliss. No money worries. No stress. Everyone loves each other. Maybe you can fly, if that's what you choose.

However, none of it's real. You leave behind your real life, real family and friends. That's the trade off.

Do you get in the machine?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 20:02 - Apr 29 with 1106 viewsNewcyBlue

No. My pain has made me who I am.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 20:51 - Apr 29 with 1064 viewsBrianTablet

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 20:02 - Apr 29 by NewcyBlue

No. My pain has made me who I am.

said the famous French baker.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 20:51]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 21:02 - Apr 29 with 1046 viewsfactual_blue

What if your real life is perfect?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 21:13 - Apr 29 with 1032 viewsNewcyBlue

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 21:02 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

Congrats on the baby, Boris.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 21:41 - Apr 29 with 1011 viewsmonytowbray

Might as well. We’re already in a simulation.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 21:54 - Apr 29 with 1000 viewsfactual_blue

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 21:41 - Apr 29 by monytowbray

Might as well. We’re already in a simulation.

Ah, that's just what the mice who are running the simulation want you to think.

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 22:20 - Apr 29 with 977 viewsBrixtonBlue

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 21:02 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

Who has the perfect life?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 22:29 - Apr 29 with 968 viewsMr_J

I'd do it 100%.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 22:41 - Apr 29 with 955 viewsmonytowbray

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 22:20 - Apr 29 by BrixtonBlue

Those who have fooled themselves into thinking they’re not being shat on by people with more money than them because they managed to get enough of a slice of the pie to make it tolerable.

TWTD never forgets…

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:06 - Apr 29 with 937 viewsfactual_blue

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 22:20 - Apr 29 by BrixtonBlue

I don't see how mine could be better.

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 07:20 - Apr 30 with 832 viewsLibero

I’m not sure any one does but I’m also not sure that any one should be reaching for “perfection”

In the past I’ve put a lot of pressure on myself achieving X, earning Y in the hope of hitting some level of life that apparently will leave me more fulfilled, however usually this pressure would make the pursuit of this unbearable and even the moments of achievement and celebration muted as the moment the goal was achieved I’d be looking at the next target.

In reality I’d say the “perfect” life is one where you enjoy good health, can pay your bills, put food on the table, have meaningful and engaging work and the freedom to spend time with family and friends on a regular basis.

I’m sure we would all like to be paid a bit more but most would trade a fair wedge of cash for the above.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 7:21]
Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 07:23 - Apr 30 with 826 viewsmonytowbray

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:06 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

I don't see how mine could be better.

You’ve been supporting ITFC for the last 18 years...

TWTD never forgets…

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:37 - May 1 with 728 viewsJ2BLUE

My initial reaction was yes. Then I thought about saying goodbye to family and even though they would be there in the simulation it wouldn't be real.

You could have it all, but it wouldn't be real. I think in the end i'd have to say no. Then i'd spend the rest of my life cursing myself despite knowing it was the right choice.

The chance to write the script to your own life though...would be pretty cool.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:51 - May 1 with 719 viewsSpruceMoose

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:37 - May 1 by J2BLUE

My initial reaction was yes. Then I thought about saying goodbye to family and even though they would be there in the simulation it wouldn't be real.

You could have it all, but it wouldn't be real. I think in the end i'd have to say no. Then i'd spend the rest of my life cursing myself despite knowing it was the right choice.

It must suck knowing that I'm the one writing the script for your life I guess.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:55 - May 1 with 716 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:51 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

It must suck knowing that I'm the one writing the script for your life I guess.

Now I know who to blame.

Truly impaired.

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 00:25 - May 2 with 696 viewsSpruceMoose

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:55 - May 1 by J2BLUE

Now I know who to blame.

Just be glad I didn't give you a super micro penis.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 12:20 - May 2 with 630 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 00:25 - May 2 by SpruceMoose

Just be glad I didn't give you a super micro penis.

Wait...you didn't?

Truly impaired.

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 13:39 - May 2 with 608 viewsBrixtonBlue

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 23:37 - May 1 by J2BLUE

A good answer J2 and I'm inclined to agree.

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 16:32 - May 2 with 580 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 13:39 - May 2 by BrixtonBlue

A good answer J2 and I'm inclined to agree.

This question is bothering me. I think I once asked on here who would choose to live in the Matrix if they could design their own life.

I keep trying to convince myself it's the obvious choice but the gut feeling is not to do it.

Clearly I have way too much time on my hands...

Truly impaired.

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 17:41 - May 2 with 561 viewsBrixtonBlue

Would you choose a perfect virtual life over a real one, with all its problems? on 16:32 - May 2 by J2BLUE

This question is bothering me. I think I once asked on here who would choose to live in the Matrix if they could design their own life.

I keep trying to convince myself it's the obvious choice but the gut feeling is not to do it.

Clearly I have way too much time on my hands...

I can understand the temptation to live in a perfect virtual world, especially if your real world isn't so great at the time you're being asked. But the sh!t you have to deal with is what makes you stronger, and what makes the successes so great when they come.

Without the dark you're not going to fully appreciate the light. Much like supporting ITFC.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024