Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. 06:51 - Apr 30 with 814 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

What a guy.
Nearly £30 million raised. No 1 in the charts.
A little ray of sunshine amongst the bad and negative daily news.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 07:32 - Apr 30 with 777 viewsKeno

Colonel Moore now

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 08:36 - Apr 30 with 747 viewstonybied

The celebrations for him this morning have been fantastic and 100% deserved. I'm not ashamed to admit that watching him whilst the Spitfire flyby was happening brought a year to my eye.
Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 09:22 - Apr 30 with 723 viewshampstead_blue

Awesome effort and what a man. Army of course....but I'm not biased....(much)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 09:27 - Apr 30 with 720 viewsSwansea_Blue

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 09:22 - Apr 30 by hampstead_blue

Awesome effort and what a man. Army of course....but I'm not biased....(much)

Pah! He only walked. He's not exactly a Fauja Singh is he?

Agreed, a remarkable story.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 10:11 - Apr 30 with 704 viewsWeekender

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 07:32 - Apr 30 by Keno

Colonel Moore now

I know Colonel is a higher rank but surely they should have made him Major Tom?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 10:36 - Apr 30 with 695 viewsGuthrum

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 10:11 - Apr 30 by Weekender

Unfortunately, they can't, given he is not an active serving officer*. Anybody can be made the Honorary Colonel of a unit, serving or otherwise**.

* Theoretically, they could possibly give him the promotion, backdated to just before he left the Army. But that would be very strange and unprecedented. And not such a significant honour as being made an Honorary Colonel.

** An American sort of version of that is how Colonel Sanders, of KFC fame, got his (honorary) rank.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 10:38]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 10:40 - Apr 30 with 683 viewshampstead_blue

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 09:27 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

Pah! He only walked. He's not exactly a Fauja Singh is he?

Agreed, a remarkable story.

Last week the COGS Gen Carter made the lovely quip that they had 'mobilised Capt Tom' in the effort to beat C19.

It was a lovely touch and delivered with class. I'm sure he would have loved that name check if he had heard it.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 10:53 - Apr 30 with 673 viewsEdwardStone

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 10:11 - Apr 30 by Weekender

I was thinking this....he has skipped a step!

Fair play to the fella, handled all the relentless hullabaloo with calm dignity
Login to get fewer ads

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 12:33 - Apr 30 with 644 viewsjeera

Happy 100th Birtday Captain Tom Moore. on 10:36 - Apr 30 by Guthrum

Unfortunately, they can't, given he is not an active serving officer*. Anybody can be made the Honorary Colonel of a unit, serving or otherwise**.

* Theoretically, they could possibly give him the promotion, backdated to just before he left the Army. But that would be very strange and unprecedented. And not such a significant honour as being made an Honorary Colonel.

** An American sort of version of that is how Colonel Sanders, of KFC fame, got his (honorary) rank.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 10:38]

So you're suggesting the next thing on the old chap's list will be to start a fast food chain?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024