Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. 08:35 - Apr 30 with 7173 viewsGlasgowBlue

No picking bands in order to look cool. Your genuine top 5 listened to.

10Cc
ABBA
Slade
Blondie
ELO

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:38 - Apr 30 with 2915 viewshampstead_blue

The Cult
Iron Maiden
Rainbow
UB40
U2

In no particular order. Still have all the vinyl from my yoof.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:40 - Apr 30 with 2897 viewsLibero

Blink 182
Taking Back Sunday
Nirvana
Sum 41
Home Grown
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:46 - Apr 30 with 2882 viewsitfcjoe

Oasis
Nirvana
Limp Bizkit
Radiohead
The Beatles

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:48 - Apr 30 with 2874 viewsGeoffSentence

Is this some dodgy method of harvesting posters' age profiles?

Ah to heck with it

Stiff Little FIngers
The Damned
Angelic Upstarts
Adam and the Ants
Psychedelic Furs

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:50 - Apr 30 with 2865 viewsGlasgowBlue

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:48 - Apr 30 by GeoffSentence

Is this some dodgy method of harvesting posters' age profiles?

Ah to heck with it

Stiff Little FIngers
The Damned
Angelic Upstarts
Adam and the Ants
Psychedelic Furs

I was playing the Damned whilst decorating yesterday. There is a great article about them in this month’s Record Collector.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:56 - Apr 30 with 2850 viewsITFC_Forever

Mainly NOW compilations to be honest.

Then when I reached 6th Form it progresses to some of the indie bands - Levellers, Suede, Manics, James.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:56 - Apr 30 with 2850 viewsDubtractor

Poison
Extreme
Bon Jovi
Metallica
Megadeth

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:02 - Apr 30 with 2830 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

T Rex
Slade
Sweet
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:02 - Apr 30 with 2828 viewsJakeITFC

I used to have a CD Walkman and my school bag was full of CDs, but generally it was:

Nas
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Razorlight
Oasis
Pretty much the same as I listen to now...... on 09:08 - Apr 30 with 2817 viewsBloots

…...Bowie, The Cure, ELO, The Jam, The Specials.

Old.

Innit.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:09 - Apr 30 with 2813 viewsPablokuqi

Radiohead
Manics
Mercury rev
Nirvana
Blur
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:42 - Apr 30 with 2774 viewsMattinLondon

Oasis
Blur
Shed 7
Prodigy
Charlatans
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:49 - Apr 30 with 2760 viewsWarkystache

Soul II Soul
REM
They Might Be Giants
Culture Club
808 State

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:50 - Apr 30 with 2758 viewsMeadowlark

The Hollies
The Beatles
Lindisfarne
Genesis (Original Line-up)
Led Zeppelin
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:50 - Apr 30 with 2758 viewsGeoffSentence

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 08:50 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

I was playing the Damned whilst decorating yesterday. There is a great article about them in this month’s Record Collector.

Cheers GB I might see if I can get hold of that.

As a youngster I was ridiculously attached to The Damned, even going so far as still buying their records when they were trying to be proper musicians and being a bit crap at it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:51 - Apr 30 with 2754 viewsBlueBadger

Dire Straits
Queen
The Levellers
Guns N Roses
Faith No More

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:53 - Apr 30 with 2745 viewsBLUEBEAT

The Jam/Style Council
The 2Tone bands (cheating!)
SLF
The Police
The Kinks (was gifted their full album discography by an uncle)

Poll: W or W

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:57 - Apr 30 with 2733 viewsGunnsAirkick

- The Prodigy.
- The Offspring.
- Nirvana.
- The Smashing Pumpkins.
- Rage Against the Machine.
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:59 - Apr 30 with 2729 viewsDubtractor

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:57 - Apr 30 by GunnsAirkick

- The Prodigy.
- The Offspring.
- Nirvana.
- The Smashing Pumpkins.
- Rage Against the Machine.

If the question was what was I listening to in my late teens, then I would possibly have provided this exact list!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 10:01 - Apr 30 with 2725 viewsKBsSocks

Saxon
Led Zep
Jethro Tull
AC/DC
Mountain

this is an age-cull !

And one doesn't look cool when washing up - that's when I played my LPs loudest :-)
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 10:03]

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 10:02 - Apr 30 with 2721 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Along the lines of...
Bowie
Stranglers
Banshees
Sabbath
Undertones

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 10:04 - Apr 30 with 2715 viewsr2d2

The Jam
The Specials
Dexys Midnight Runners
Madness
The Who
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 10:07 - Apr 30 with 2707 viewsGunnsAirkick

The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 09:59 - Apr 30 by Dubtractor

If the question was what was I listening to in my late teens, then I would possibly have provided this exact list!

From your posts I think we have pretty similar music tastes now! I should probably have chucked Blur or Oasis in there too.
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 10:08 - Apr 30 with 2704 viewsurbanblue

Bowie
T Rex
Slade
Beatles
Harry Nilson (Believe it or not ... My Dad loved him so had all the albums!)
The 5 bands/ acts you listened to most at high school. on 10:10 - Apr 30 with 2696 viewsGuthrum

Genres mainly - New Romantic, rock/metal, folk and '60s. Didn't start getting into specific bands until I was in the 6th Form, when it was Lou Reed/Velvet Underground, Jethro Tull, Jefferson Airplane, Sisters Of Mercy, The Beatles.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024