Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... 08:45 - Apr 30 with 5260 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Hi everyone, I know this is a little bit off-topic, but hope it’s okay to share.

My dad is a lifelong Ipswich fan, and was at both the big cup finals in the 70s and 80s. He still reminisces about this great Sir Bobby teams.

Unfortunately in the early 2000s he lost his eyesight, and though he attended a few games with the club’s fantastic audio support, it was never the same, and he probably hasn’t been for a decade now. He does, however, listen to every game on BBC Suffolk and still gets into arguments with Norwich fans in his local pub, which is sadly the wrong side of the border! He calls it missionary work!

Anyway, having recently turned 60, he wanted to set himself a big challenge this year, and given all the fantastic work by frontline health workers, he’s decided to try and raise a bit of money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.

To raise the money he’s going to walk/run 10k a day in May (310km in total), with the aid of his trusty white stick and also a bit of help from my mother on her bike!

It’s a big challenge even for a young person with perfect eyesight, so you can imagine what it’s like for a blind 60 year old!

Please, if you can, donate at: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/robert-taylor1959

If you use #ITFC in your message to him, he’ll know it’s coming from a fellow Town fan and will mean so much!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 08:49 - Apr 30 with 5200 viewsSteve_M

I'm sure Phil can make it a sticky. Good luck to him, I'll sponsor when I have a few minutes later.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 09:29 - Apr 30 with 5159 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 08:49 - Apr 30 by Steve_M

I'm sure Phil can make it a sticky. Good luck to him, I'll sponsor when I have a few minutes later.

Thank you Steve, means a lot!

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 09:47 - Apr 30 with 5150 viewsEdwardStone

Good Luck to him....that doesn't sound easy!! It's a wonderful thing that he is doing
Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 10:12 - Apr 30 with 5139 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 09:47 - Apr 30 by EdwardStone

Good Luck to him....that doesn't sound easy!! It's a wonderful thing that he is doing

Thank you. It's a worthy cause, so I know he'd proud to be doing it!

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 15:50 - Apr 30 with 5071 viewsLord_Lucan

WOW!

I cannot imagine losing my sight, how awful.

I've only just remembered to sponsor Glasgow Glitter so I had better do your dad as well.

Best of luck.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 15:57 - Apr 30 with 5064 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 15:50 - Apr 30 by Lord_Lucan

WOW!

I cannot imagine losing my sight, how awful.

I've only just remembered to sponsor Glasgow Glitter so I had better do your dad as well.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much!

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 21:15 - May 1 with 4862 viewsSitfcB

Nice to see the players starting to donate!

Well, Freddie Sears and assume maybe some of the latest anons are them.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 23:33 - May 1 with 4831 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 21:15 - May 1 by SitfcB

Yes, absolutely amazing. I believe Norwood and Garbutt have contributed quite significant amounts, which is very generous of them.

Login to get fewer ads

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 08:44 - May 2 with 4750 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 21:15 - May 1 by SitfcB

Very good of Boris Johnson TWTD too!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 12:32 - May 3 with 4518 viewsSteve_M

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 09:29 - Apr 30 by ThatMuhrenCross

Thank you Steve, means a lot!

Right, just got round to it.

How's he getting on?

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 15:36 - May 3 with 4479 viewsMullet

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 12:32 - May 3 by Steve_M

Right, just got round to it.

How's he getting on?

75% last night, so hopefully by midweek he's smashed it!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 16:23 - May 4 with 4273 viewsLord_Lucan

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 15:36 - May 3 by Mullet

75% last night, so hopefully by midweek he's smashed it!

£385 to go.

Come on peeps, let's push this MotherF over the line!

310k is no doddle

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 15:05 - May 7 with 3848 viewsThatMuhrenCross

The support from you guys on this forum has been absolutely phenomenal. I've called Dad each night to read him the comments and he's truly overwhelmed.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has donated.

It means so much.

To update you, he's now run/walked 100km - so just the 210km to go then!!

We're not quite at the £2000 mark just yet, but by sharing this with as many people as you know, I'm confident we'll get there!!

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 08:55 - May 8 with 3764 viewsMullet

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 15:05 - May 7 by ThatMuhrenCross

The support from you guys on this forum has been absolutely phenomenal. I've called Dad each night to read him the comments and he's truly overwhelmed.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has donated.

It means so much.

To update you, he's now run/walked 100km - so just the 210km to go then!!

We're not quite at the £2000 mark just yet, but by sharing this with as many people as you know, I'm confident we'll get there!!

He’s so close now! It’s absolutely bloody brilliant what he’s doing too - I hope he smashes his target he deserves to.

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 21:18 - May 8 with 3708 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 08:55 - May 8 by Mullet

He’s so close now! It’s absolutely bloody brilliant what he’s doing too - I hope he smashes his target he deserves to.

Thank you!

He got a good sized donation from Jim Magilton yesterday, who was so inspired by his story that he called him up personally to wish him well for the challenge!

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 21:20 - May 8 with 3705 viewsMullet

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 21:18 - May 8 by ThatMuhrenCross

Thank you!

He got a good sized donation from Jim Magilton yesterday, who was so inspired by his story that he called him up personally to wish him well for the challenge!

That's belting to hear

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 08:52 - May 9 with 3650 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Target reached.....congratulations.

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 11:11 - May 14 with 3354 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 08:52 - May 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Target reached.....congratulations.

That is correct, thank you to everyone for the support!

He's still going with the walk/run, and as long as he's doing that we'll keep going with trying to push the fundraiser part. Such a worthy cause that will resonate with all of us, so the more we can raise for the EAAA, the better!

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 12:57 - May 14 with 3327 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 11:11 - May 14 by ThatMuhrenCross

That is correct, thank you to everyone for the support!

He's still going with the walk/run, and as long as he's doing that we'll keep going with trying to push the fundraiser part. Such a worthy cause that will resonate with all of us, so the more we can raise for the EAAA, the better!

You gotta love how anonymous Sitters has been there!

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 00:42 - May 15 with 3254 viewsjeera

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 21:18 - May 8 by ThatMuhrenCross

Thank you!

That's brilliant.

Please continue to send him our good wishes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 07:06 - May 16 with 3127 viewsSitfcB

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 12:57 - May 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

You gotta love how anonymous Sitters has been there!

I thought that when I saw the comment had gone through.

I forgot to put the name in the name box

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 09:36 - May 29 with 2346 viewsbrazil1982

Done. An excellent charity choice, my parents had to be air lifted a few years ago after an RTA so I am always pleased to donate to air ambulance services. Good on him. #ITFC
Robert’s 310k blind walk/run for Air Ambulance... on 09:49 - Jun 5 with 1914 viewsSteve_M

Hey, That MuhrenCross any update here? How was your Dad when he finished, has he enjoyed not having to go and walk 10km every day this week?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024