Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't be true 12:51 - Apr 30 with 2143 viewsBergholt_Blue

Poll: Will you be renewing your season ticket

Can't be true on 12:54 - Apr 30 with 2087 viewsgordon

January is optimistic but could be possible.
Can't be true on 13:17 - Apr 30 with 1993 viewsSomethingBlue

It definitely can. I'd be surprised if Town played a competitive fixture in 2020, the way the wind is currently blowing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Can't be true on 13:25 - Apr 30 with 1955 viewsBlueBadger

Can't be true on 13:17 - Apr 30 by SomethingBlue

It definitely can. I'd be surprised if Town played a competitive fixture in 2020, the way the wind is currently blowing.

Under Lambert we haven't been competitive in any way for nearly 18 months anyway...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can't be true on 13:28 - Apr 30 with 1928 viewsChutney

The only way I can see fans allowed back in stadia is if a vaccine can be developed. Until that point it's a case of living with this thing, and 10's of thousands of people gathering to watch a football match isn't an essential activity that's worthwhile jeopardising the speed at which it will continue to spread. I love football, but there's certain sacrifices which will need to be made.
Can't be true on 13:30 - Apr 30 with 1914 viewstractorboy1978

It only takes one person involved in putting the games on to contract the virus (which they will, it is inevitable) and it all has to stop again. I think people need to stop kidding themselves - football won't and shouldn't be played until it is 100% safe to do so, with or without fans.
Can't be true on 13:37 - Apr 30 with 1861 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Said from day dot. The longer this goes on the likelier it will be null and voided.

Certainly leaning towards null and void will restart in September behind closed doors. Fans possible return January at earliest.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Can't be true on 13:42 - Apr 30 with 1827 viewsFenboyBlue

I think it will be suspended until March 2021 then we finish it so as to get back in sync with the calendar for the next season's normality and that season just gets called the 2019/20/21 season. Otherwise there'll be adjustments and slight shifts in dates for multiple years.
Can't be true on 13:46 - Apr 30 with 1810 viewsNotSure

I don't think it's true because the whole northern hemisphere will be under a total lockdown between November and March.

It's pointless re-arranging anything for the winter, there will be no vaccine and the virus is not going to go away.

Unless we are brave and remove the lockdown for the spring / summer then there will hardly be any football clubs left in a years time.
Login to get fewer ads

Can't be true on 14:02 - Apr 30 with 1716 viewsSitfcB

Ok 12th Man.

I suppose your ticket industry has gone to sh!t?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Can't be true on 14:11 - Apr 30 with 1673 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can't be true on 14:19 - Apr 30 with 1633 viewsbournemouthblue

I think the reality is that mass gatherings simply won't happen for a long time until we have Mass Vaccination program going on and that requires around 95% herd immunity across the country and presumably Europe before things begin to resume what we consider normality

Playing games behind closed doors with TV or Streamed Coverage, logistically is surely far more likely to happen, there's too much money in the game not to have it happening at some stage

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Can't be true on 14:25 - Apr 30 with 1592 viewsitfcjoe

It's lucky are season has totally collapsed rather than partially collapsing - if we were 5th or 6th then every workd out of football would take on so much meaning.

As it is, we don't really care and what will be will be because we aren't affected - I'm desperate to get back there still but don't think it will be for a long time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can't be true on 14:42 - Apr 30 with 1498 viewsEireannach_gorm

Can't be true on 14:11 - Apr 30 by factual_blue

It's true that you can't beat a bit of Rory.
Can't be true on 14:46 - Apr 30 with 1490 viewsITFC_Forever

It's absolutely true.

If pubs aren't likely to re-open until December, then football grounds will be the same.

Football grounds by their nature are designed to fit as many people as safely possible in to a finite area under the "old" normal.
If we have social distancing regulations until a vaccine has been widely applied (at least 12-18 months away), then there's no way football grounds can safely re-open.

It is very likely it will be a very, very long time until football fans are allowed back in grounds.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Can't be true on 16:04 - Apr 30 with 1340 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not especially surprising. It's been obvious for a while that they were being optimistic thinking they'd be able to finish the season. I question whether they'd play 20/21 under closed door until January as well - the clubs won't like that at all, having to put on all the costs but no gate receipts.

It'd be soulless too, so what's the point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can't be true on 16:20 - Apr 30 with 1306 viewsfactual_blue

Can't be true on 14:42 - Apr 30 by Eireannach_gorm

It's true that you can't beat a bit of Rory.

The first rock gig I ever went to was Rory at, of all places, the Queen Elizabeth Hall at about the time his first solo album was released.

Managed to find it. It was 31 May 1971. Support act was the legendary Jellybread. TIckets were between 45p and £1.10.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024