Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season restart.....hear me out 13:29 - May 1 with 800 viewsTheonlywayisup

First off I would like to make a disclaimer that at this point football is almost irrelevant and I would not suggest for it to come back until 100% safe to do so, so with that in mind....

Surely it would make sense that whenever football returns this season is carried on regardless with next season being impacted rather than this one. That would see season 2020/21 as a completely unique season in the history of football where every team does not play each team twice. Let me give an example....

It is September and the all clear is given to play football again from a safety aspect. Therefore the season carries on where it left off and the seasons results would not be void or skewed....simply a much much later finish. This would see a season finish in November. Teams then have the usual break season to season so the 20/21 campaign would start in January. There would be a calculation to how many games would usually be left and therefore the league would be this amount of games long....let's say 22 for example. Because all teams won't play each other twice there would be a fair and random draw and each team would play the same amount home as away games. That would see season 20/21 finish at the normal time and everything would be back to normal. The result of this would mean:

1) A fair a complete finish to season 19/20

2) A fair yet unique season for 20/21

3) And everything back to normal for Euro 21 and the following season.

It will be impossible to fit all the games into the time available so surely if a season has to be impacted it should be a season that has not yet started....i.e 20/21

This seems logical to me yet have not heard this idea anywhere....am I missing something?
Season restart.....hear me out on 13:39 - May 1 with 760 viewsNotSure

You fell down on your first paragraph when you mentioned "I would not suggest for it to come back until 100% safe to do so".

This will be 2022, possibly later and even then we don't if we will have an effective vaccine or that people will need annual vaccinations.

Nothing ever has been 100% safe. Until we realise that, we will have to hide in our houses.
Season restart.....hear me out on 14:14 - May 1 with 694 viewshadleighboyblue

Plus cut out the cup competitions that clubs don't take seriously anyway , that would reduce the number of fixtures .
I agree that this season should be played to it's conclusion , although there will be a problem over player's contracts
Season restart.....hear me out on 14:19 - May 1 with 679 viewshomer_123

Season restart.....hear me out on 13:39 - May 1 by NotSure

You fell down on your first paragraph when you mentioned "I would not suggest for it to come back until 100% safe to do so".

This will be 2022, possibly later and even then we don't if we will have an effective vaccine or that people will need annual vaccinations.

Nothing ever has been 100% safe. Until we realise that, we will have to hide in our houses.

Are you now staying inside then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Season restart.....hear me out on 14:26 - May 1 with 673 viewshomer_123

Season restart.....hear me out on 14:14 - May 1 by hadleighboyblue

Plus cut out the cup competitions that clubs don't take seriously anyway , that would reduce the number of fixtures .
I agree that this season should be played to it's conclusion , although there will be a problem over player's contracts

Ah...so no Cup matches then.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Season restart.....hear me out on 14:31 - May 1 with 665 viewsSharkey

Season restart.....hear me out on 13:39 - May 1 by NotSure

Last week there was some talk in the press here (Malmö) that professional football might re-start in Denmark in about a month. The view stated in the report is that the virus is transmitted if people stay within 2 metres of each other for fifteen minutes or so. (In Scandinavia as a whole the experts seem to suggest that nobody transmits the virus simply passing in the street, where as standing in a crowded tube train is very dangerous.)

So a leading figure at the Danish health authority stated last week that although he didn't think rugby or American football, for example, should re-start any time soon, he saw no reason why football shouldn't (behind closed doors), as although there is contact and even grappling (at corners and so on), it is not prolonged enough to constitute a threat.

What caught my eye was that the next guy who was going to make a decision on this is someone called Claus Thomsen! (Alas, I have no reason to think it is the great man himself.)

(Please note, I am not commenting on the rights or wrongs of the Danish view, just reporting what was written. )
Season restart.....hear me out on 14:53 - May 1 with 637 viewsNotSure

Season restart.....hear me out on 14:31 - May 1 by Sharkey

Last week there was some talk in the press here (Malmö) that professional football might re-start in Denmark in about a month. The view stated in the report is that the virus is transmitted if people stay within 2 metres of each other for fifteen minutes or so. (In Scandinavia as a whole the experts seem to suggest that nobody transmits the virus simply passing in the street, where as standing in a crowded tube train is very dangerous.)

So a leading figure at the Danish health authority stated last week that although he didn't think rugby or American football, for example, should re-start any time soon, he saw no reason why football shouldn't (behind closed doors), as although there is contact and even grappling (at corners and so on), it is not prolonged enough to constitute a threat.

What caught my eye was that the next guy who was going to make a decision on this is someone called Claus Thomsen! (Alas, I have no reason to think it is the great man himself.)

(Please note, I am not commenting on the rights or wrongs of the Danish view, just reporting what was written. )

Sounds very sensible. But then the Scandinavians have seemed to be the most sensible and pragmatic people during this crisis.

But we aren't like that in this country. So we need this unscientific 2m rule in order obey the rules.
Season restart.....hear me out on 14:53 - May 1 with 635 viewshadleighboyblue

Season restart.....hear me out on 14:26 - May 1 by homer_123

Ah...so no Cup matches then.

I meant cup matches apart from the FA Cup …….but I get your point !

Annoys me the way clubs don't take the FA Cup seriously , maybe it would be better if they didn't enter at all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024