Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
any buildery types? 21:20 - May 1 with 7712 viewssparks

I am looking to build a pizza oven on our balcony bit am worried about the weight. Balcony is over the garage rather than overhanging and it would be in a corner near a wall. Likely to be okay?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

any buildery types? on 21:39 - May 2 with 3296 viewsjontysnut

any buildery types? on 22:15 - May 1 by jeera

Eggs on a pizza are the real deal though.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 22:15]

Michael Winner always used to ask for an egg on his pizza as a test to see whether they made their own dough.

A pizza stone in the oven heated to the max is all you need. And one of those shovels.
any buildery types? on 21:59 - May 2 with 3283 viewsvapour_trail

any buildery types? on 21:39 - May 2 by jontysnut

Michael Winner always used to ask for an egg on his pizza as a test to see whether they made their own dough.

A pizza stone in the oven heated to the max is all you need. And one of those shovels.

I once met Winner, he was the auctioneer at some charity do I was at about 15 years ago. Struggle to recollect a ruder individual I’ve come across. Tosspot.

I have a pizza stone, and have used a couple of pizza ovens and there’s a big difference. I’m tempted to install one in the garden as well.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

any buildery types? on 22:45 - May 2 with 3272 viewssparks

any buildery types? on 20:42 - May 2 by jeera

An outside lift up the side of the garage connecting the balcony to the garden?

Or a ladder.

Don't get me wrong, the helicopter does sound more fun.

I'll admit that I have wondered whether an outdoor dumb waiter was feasible.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

any buildery types? on 22:46 - May 2 with 3270 viewsjeera

any buildery types? on 21:59 - May 2 by vapour_trail

I once met Winner, he was the auctioneer at some charity do I was at about 15 years ago. Struggle to recollect a ruder individual I’ve come across. Tosspot.

I have a pizza stone, and have used a couple of pizza ovens and there’s a big difference. I’m tempted to install one in the garden as well.

If it's a choice between being slim and eating pizza...

What toppings do you want on the pizza?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

any buildery types? on 17:33 - May 3 with 3211 viewsBrixtonBlue

any buildery types? on 20:26 - May 2 by jeera

That's a lot of unnecessary messing about though.

They could remove a chunk of the hill and underpin one side of the property and also put in a passageway to get to the garden where the pizza oven could then reside.

That makes more sense and they wouldn't have to move.

Surely a better idea would be to hollow out the hill and create one giant pizza oven. Then you can cook as many pizzas as you want, plus it has the added benefit of warming the house every time it's turned on.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

any buildery types? on 19:00 - May 3 with 3199 viewsvapour_trail

any buildery types? on 22:46 - May 2 by jeera

If it's a choice between being slim and eating pizza...

What toppings do you want on the pizza?

The most important thing on a pizza is heat. Chillis and peppers all over the shop.

Ideally your arse should be like a tap the following morning.

any buildery types? on 10:33 - May 4 with 3174 viewssoupytwist

You may already have seen these but I've got an Ooni 3 - see here https://uk.ooni.com/collections/ovens

A lot lighter than an a built oven so good for your circumstances and a good option if you're taking your first steps into making and cooking your own pizza.
any buildery types? on 10:40 - May 4 with 3168 viewssparks

any buildery types? on 10:33 - May 4 by soupytwist

You may already have seen these but I've got an Ooni 3 - see here https://uk.ooni.com/collections/ovens

A lot lighter than an a built oven so good for your circumstances and a good option if you're taking your first steps into making and cooking your own pizza.

Would be fun to take on holiday etc but we rather enjoy the whole ambience thing of a proper flickering oven, building the fire etc. Its fun- and you can do bread etc in it as well. So its not for us.

We currently have a £70 Lidl job from 3 years ago- which with some careful micromanagement can create decent pizzas- but its a long way from being good. The fire is underneath so if you get it to proper pizza temeprature, you burn the bottom. Also, because it is not uinsulated, maintaining a proper temperature is almost impossible. It can go from 350 to 200 in a minute, and vice versa!

Login to get fewer ads

any buildery types? on 11:15 - May 4 with 3158 viewssoupytwist

any buildery types? on 10:40 - May 4 by sparks

Would be fun to take on holiday etc but we rather enjoy the whole ambience thing of a proper flickering oven, building the fire etc. Its fun- and you can do bread etc in it as well. So its not for us.

We currently have a £70 Lidl job from 3 years ago- which with some careful micromanagement can create decent pizzas- but its a long way from being good. The fire is underneath so if you get it to proper pizza temeprature, you burn the bottom. Also, because it is not uinsulated, maintaining a proper temperature is almost impossible. It can go from 350 to 200 in a minute, and vice versa!

I understand the attraction of a properly constructed thing but would say that the Ooni is many steps up from what you have now and can do a lot more than just pizza.
Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:35 - Jun 28 with 3066 viewssoupytwist

any buildery types? on 11:15 - May 4 by soupytwist

I understand the attraction of a properly constructed thing but would say that the Ooni is many steps up from what you have now and can do a lot more than just pizza.

Did you ever sort this out Sparks? We're going to be doing a bit of garden landscaping in the not too distant and want to incorporate a proper stone pizza oven so wondered if you had any tips to pass on.
Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:43 - Jun 28 with 3055 viewssparks

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:35 - Jun 28 by soupytwist

Did you ever sort this out Sparks? We're going to be doing a bit of garden landscaping in the not too distant and want to incorporate a proper stone pizza oven so wondered if you had any tips to pass on.

I have built the base down on the patio. Edward Stone's suggestion of plasterer's sand for the mortar with the cement block I used did the trick. I have yet to build the concrete top section to put the over on. Got materials for that yesterday. Will be dong a "pour in place" concrete counter top (lots of youtube guides on that).

Then I need to order the oven which will be a pre cast job, probably from the pizzaoven supplies website.

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:44 - Jun 28 with 3047 viewssoupytwist

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:43 - Jun 28 by sparks

I have built the base down on the patio. Edward Stone's suggestion of plasterer's sand for the mortar with the cement block I used did the trick. I have yet to build the concrete top section to put the over on. Got materials for that yesterday. Will be dong a "pour in place" concrete counter top (lots of youtube guides on that).

Then I need to order the oven which will be a pre cast job, probably from the pizzaoven supplies website.

Nice. Keep us posted on what you go for and how it works out if you don't mind.
Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:47 - Jun 28 with 3036 viewsjeera

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:44 - Jun 28 by soupytwist

Nice. Keep us posted on what you go for and how it works out if you don't mind.

I think it should be a weekly, if not stage by stage, update with photos.

I haven't got a lot going on at the moment.

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:03 - Jun 28 with 3017 viewssparks

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:47 - Jun 28 by jeera

I think it should be a weekly, if not stage by stage, update with photos.

I haven't got a lot going on at the moment.

What- so you can all laugh at my appallingly messy blockwork?

Or so the board weirdos can try to figure out where I am using google earth and comparing it to my garden!

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:07 - Jun 28 with 3013 viewsjeera

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:03 - Jun 28 by sparks

Or so the board weirdos can try to figure out where I am using google earth and comparing it to my garden!

At least there'd be a few pages of something to read.

Go on, at least one of the finished product, you with a trowel in one hand and a freshly baked pizza in the other with a big cheesy, proud grin.

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:08 - Jun 28 with 3009 viewsvapour_trail

The Top Gear Massive will be delivering copies of your wedding photos via taxi before you can say Village Green.

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:08 - Jun 28 with 3009 viewsfooters

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:07 - Jun 28 by jeera

Go on, at least one of the finished product, you with a trowel in one hand and a freshly baked pizza in the other with a big cheesy, proud grin.

I'm still waiting to hear what sort of gravel it was.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:09 - Jun 28 with 3005 viewsvapour_trail

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:07 - Jun 28 by jeera

You need a few pages of something to read? There is the RLB thread? There are alternative ways to ruin your day though.

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:10 - Jun 28 with 3003 viewssoupytwist

Yes to both these things.
Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:11 - Jun 28 with 2992 viewsfooters

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:09 - Jun 28 by vapour_trail

You need a few pages of something to read? There is the RLB thread? There are alternative ways to ruin your day though.

We could always kick off on this thread, vapes. But where to start is the trouble. Think the board's covered every contentious topic possible at this point.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:13 - Jun 28 with 2983 viewsjeera

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:09 - Jun 28 by vapour_trail

I'm not going near that again - feck that.

I'd rather punch myself in the face.

I have been reading a few bits online but won't post them here cos I don't want to hijack Bully's thread any further.

Curry for dinner later, so there's always that.

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:22 - Jun 28 with 2965 viewsvapour_trail

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 12:13 - Jun 28 by jeera

I'm not going near that again - feck that.

I'd rather punch myself in the face.

I have been reading a few bits online but won't post them here cos I don't want to hijack Bully's thread any further.

Curry for dinner later, so there's always that.

Half a leg of lamb due out of the oven in about an hour here. LCD set going through the speaker, all good.

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 13:49 - Jun 28 with 2940 viewsitfcjoe

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 11:43 - Jun 28 by sparks

I’ve ordered myself a Kamado Grill BBQ, apparently very good for pizzas as well if you want something more versatile

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

any buildery types? on 14:46 - Jun 28 with 2905 viewsElephantintheRoom

IF you have strong supports you should be alright.... after all you and your family will weigh a lot more than a pizza oven.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 21:55 - Jun 28 with 2843 viewsEly_Blue

Any buildery types? Did Sparks get his pizza oven? on 13:49 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

I’ve ordered myself a Kamado Grill BBQ, apparently very good for pizzas as well if you want something more versatile

They are good for pizzas, I have a kamado grill and have done several pizzas, word of advice get the pizza stone as high up in the kamado as possible otherwise you will get no colour on the top.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024