Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog 15:13 - May 2 with 2091 viewstractordownsouth

By the name and my own views, you can tell it's Labour focussed, but I'm aiming to cover all areas of policy. Would appreciate any follows/retweets. The first article is about how Keir Starmer can learn from previous opposition leaders and take Labour back to power.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:20 - May 2 with 2067 viewsLeaky

Good can we have our football forum back
In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:22 - May 2 with 2063 viewsDanTheMan

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:20 - May 2 by Leaky

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:51 - May 2 with 2043 viewsBlueBadger

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:20 - May 2 by Leaky

Don't let anyone stop you from starting a football thread, given that you haven't done that since February
[Post edited 2 May 2020 15:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 16:48 - May 2 with 1995 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 16:50 - May 2 with 1987 viewsDarth_Koont

Well, that was one way of looking at it ...

I think if you were going to be a bit more "forensic" yourself it would help to address the sabotage and opposition within Labour in recent years. It was the biggest obstacle to Corbyn and will be Starmer's too unless he gets on top of it and suspends and likely expels a few of the chief protagonists.

I'm all for some truth and reconciliation process as the factionalism doesn't help anyone and certainly not the people that Labour needs to represent. But that'll need truth — and the honesty to deal with it — and both have been in short supply.

Pronouns: He/Him

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 17:39 - May 2 with 1956 viewsPecker

You need to get out more.
In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 18:11 - May 2 with 1903 viewstractordownsouth

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 16:50 - May 2 by Darth_Koont

Well, that was one way of looking at it ...

I think if you were going to be a bit more "forensic" yourself it would help to address the sabotage and opposition within Labour in recent years. It was the biggest obstacle to Corbyn and will be Starmer's too unless he gets on top of it and suspends and likely expels a few of the chief protagonists.

I'm all for some truth and reconciliation process as the factionalism doesn't help anyone and certainly not the people that Labour needs to represent. But that'll need truth — and the honesty to deal with it — and both have been in short supply.

It was already quite long winded so didn't think it was necessary to highlight. I agree those who were responsible should be kicked out but most of them have already left senior positions and I'm yet to see any evidence that it was a massive factor in either election defeat. Will be interesting to see what Starmer does.

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 18:11 - May 2 with 1898 viewstractordownsouth

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 17:39 - May 2 by Pecker

You need to get out more.

Rather not break the law but each to their own

Login to get fewer ads

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 18:15 - May 2 with 1889 viewsBloomBlue

I'm glad you're healthy enough to think you'll live until you're 140
In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 18:29 - May 2 with 1879 viewsDarth_Koont

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 18:11 - May 2 by tractordownsouth

It was already quite long winded so didn't think it was necessary to highlight. I agree those who were responsible should be kicked out but most of them have already left senior positions and I'm yet to see any evidence that it was a massive factor in either election defeat. Will be interesting to see what Starmer does.

I think you're way off. That opposition (a lot of it behind the back too) underpinned and even amplified a massively damaging narrative against Corbyn that totally overshadowed the policies that were being promoted.

Pretty shameful stuff by party political wonks and far too many of the PLP as well. It was a betrayal of the membership and most importantly the people who massively deserved an alternative to the Tories especially after generations of being largely overlooked by politicians on all sides.

Sorry if this seems harsh but progressive politics isn't just a label. It means real change rather than superficial posturing and PR management. And it certainly isn't about political power for its own sake.

I really hope Starmer sticks to his progressive guns after championing the previous policies. But he needs to pull his finger out and show that he's distancing himself from the narrow and self-interested factional stuff that's been going on.

Pronouns: He/Him

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 20:26 - May 2 with 1811 viewsPecker

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 18:11 - May 2 by tractordownsouth

Rather not break the law but each to their own

Sense of humour failure Labour Boy?
In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 21:01 - May 2 with 1791 viewsfooters

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 20:26 - May 2 by Pecker

Sense of humour failure Labour Boy?

Be nice, Pecker. TDS is a top fella.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 11:20 - Jun 14 with 1474 viewstractordownsouth

Thought I'd use this thread to put updates of stuff I'd written, rather than starting a new one each time I want to post an article which may be of interest

https://www.thingscanonlygetbetter.online/post/schools-u-turn-a-rare-victory-in-

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 11:21 - Jun 14 with 1472 viewstractordownsouth

https://www.thingscanonlygetbetter.online/post/the-right-won-the-brexit-culture-

https://twitter.com/ThingsCanOnlyG3/with_replies

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:58 - Jun 14 with 1405 viewsLeaky

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:51 - May 2 by BlueBadger

Don't let anyone stop you from starting a football thread, given that you haven't done that since February
[Post edited 2 May 2020 15:52]

I have to work for a living . I don't have the luxury of spending all day on a football forum.
Plus not good typing on a mobile phone even if I had the time.
In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 16:00 - Jun 14 with 1400 viewsfooters

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:58 - Jun 14 by Leaky

I have to work for a living . I don't have the luxury of spending all day on a football forum.

Vote Labour.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 07:16 - Jun 15 with 1266 viewsLeaky

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 16:00 - Jun 14 by footers

Vote Labour.

yes definitely be out of work, or probably emigrate
In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 11:40 - Jun 15 with 1191 viewsreusersfreekicks

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 15:58 - Jun 14 by Leaky

Yet you had time to comment on this
In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 17:26 - Jun 21 with 1087 viewstractordownsouth

Article about the difference between Starmer's polling and the public's views on the party

https://www.thingscanonlygetbetter.online/post/starmer-s-polling-well-now-it-s-t

In my covid boredom, me and a mate have set up a politics blog on 18:16 - Sep 11 with 737 viewstractordownsouth

Writing one soon about how conservatism is being re-defined both sides of the atlantic

https://www.thingscanonlygetbetter.online/post/if-the-tories-brexit-makes-us-poo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024