Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel agent advice 12:24 - May 4 with 856 viewsJakeITFC

Sorry for another travel thread.

I was supposed to be flying to the USA next week for a multi-city trip. Due to the amount of flights required it was much cheaper to book through a travel agent (Kiwi.com) rather than with the airlines direct as I normally with.

Obviously my plans are now cancelled, and so are my UK return flights (London to JFK and Miami to London), however my domestic US flights are not cancelled (NYC to Vegas, Vegas to Miami).

In terms of options available to me, Kiwi offer an instant refund (of around 5% of the overall spend lol), or the option to leave them to it for 3 months and see what they come back with. I think if I accept either of those options I lose all of my rights.

The dilemma is made trickier still because my UK leg flights are with Norwegian Airlines (who may go to the wall this week). For reference, my US flights are with Frontier.

Has anybody been in a similar situation to this? I am not insured for this trip (I have an annual travel insurance thing which is just Europe only and was going to get US cover about now) and I booked it using a debit card, so I'm not sure I'm particularly well covered.

Any advice appreciated.
Travel agent advice on 12:38 - May 4 with 811 viewsPinewoodblue

I suspect you are going to be considerably out of pocket.

The time to take out travel insurance is as soon as you book as you financially at risk from that point onwards. Looks like you have chosen the cheapest options rather than booking it all through one airline.

Have they arranged a full package for you including hotels, car hire etc? If they have, and they UK based - which I doubt, you could try speaking to ABTA.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Travel agent advice on 12:38 - May 4 with 808 viewsAce_High1

Oh man sorry about that, I can't comment on your particular question but feel your pain, sounds like you had a great trip planned?

I will be in a similar situation soon I fear, I had booked flights and tickets to attend the T20 WC in Australia in November.
Travel agent advice on 13:00 - May 4 with 773 viewsIpswichKnight

It’s more complicated due to booking with an agent. If you booked with a credit card it might be worth calling them up and see if they can help. As the UK legs have been cancelled you are entitled to your money back as they have not provided the flights if Kiwi don’t like that get your card issuer to issue a chargeback against your card issuer will refund you in full and Kiwi will need to explain to them why they didn’t give you your money. Internal flights think you might just have to write them off if they are operating if you had say booked the entire trip on the same airline might have been easier to get all of the money back.
Travel agent advice on 14:09 - May 4 with 727 viewsJakeITFC

Travel agent advice on 12:38 - May 4 by Pinewoodblue

I suspect you are going to be considerably out of pocket.

The time to take out travel insurance is as soon as you book as you financially at risk from that point onwards. Looks like you have chosen the cheapest options rather than booking it all through one airline.

Have they arranged a full package for you including hotels, car hire etc? If they have, and they UK based - which I doubt, you could try speaking to ABTA.

Yes, I'll be honest that I thought my insurance product was worldwide, so I was a bit annoyed when I found out it wasn't.

Nope, just flights (+ bags).
Travel agent advice on 14:53 - May 4 with 702 viewsPinewoodblue

Travel agent advice on 14:09 - May 4 by JakeITFC

Yes, I'll be honest that I thought my insurance product was worldwide, so I was a bit annoyed when I found out it wasn't.

Nope, just flights (+ bags).

Looks like you can change your flight, at no extra charge, as long as you travel before 12th September. This may only apply for those booking direct but worth checking.

https://www.flyfrontier.com/travel/travel-info/change-policy/

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024