Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Professor Neil Ferguson defends his strategy 13:51 - May 4 with 516 viewsRadlett_blue

https://unherd.com/thepost/imperials-prof-neil-ferguson-responds-to-the-swedish-
Very balanced; conclusion there is still plenty of work to do & social distancing is going to be around for a long time.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Professor Neil Ferguson defends his strategy on 14:10 - May 4 with 476 viewsSteve_M

Interesting that he says he didn't expect the public to accept the lockdown as much as they have. I wonder whether that would have been true had it started earlier?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Professor Neil Ferguson defends his strategy on 14:15 - May 4 with 463 viewsSwansea_Blue

Professor Neil Ferguson defends his strategy on 14:10 - May 4 by Steve_M

Interesting that he says he didn't expect the public to accept the lockdown as much as they have. I wonder whether that would have been true had it started earlier?

I suspect it would, given that a lot of places had started to close down earlier anyway. We started home working the week before the official shutdown. People tend to have a strong will to stay alive and well, and have a duty of care to employees, etc., so were making their own decisions while there was a lack of official advice (other than 'wash your hands').

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Professor Neil Ferguson defends his strategy on 14:16 - May 4 with 465 viewsRadlett_blue

Professor Neil Ferguson defends his strategy on 14:10 - May 4 by Steve_M

A good question. I get his point that he didn't expect it to be well observed, so therefore had to err on the side of caution.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024