Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... 12:56 - May 5 with 1315 viewsMattinLondon

...to such an extent that people in wheelchairs or prams etc have to cross the road because they can’t get pass are all absolute bell ends.
Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 13:51 - May 5 with 1261 viewsfactual_blue

If you are in London, I think parking on the pavement is already an offence. As it should be everywhere.

Just scrape the car with your wheelchair/pram/pushchair.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 14:03 - May 5 with 1245 viewssolemio

Yes, and then you get the morons who park a good 18 inches (45cm !) from the kerb.
Police car on an emergency call very nearly had an accident because of this a couple of days ago.
Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 14:05 - May 5 with 1237 viewsBloomBlue

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 13:51 - May 5 by factual_blue

If you are in London, I think parking on the pavement is already an offence. As it should be everywhere.

I've seen a lot of tickets given out in London for parking on a pavement
Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 14:25 - May 5 with 1212 viewsPendejo

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 13:51 - May 5 by factual_blue

Pavement parking is an offence, unless specifically permitted by signage, In which case there is a marked parking bay which gives space for a double push chair to pass. Outside the bay, ticket.

However

Some authorities decide when / where to enforce.

I have the rulebook here courtesy of my local council and fwiw, you can also be ticketed for parking against flow of traffic, not having hand brake on and I'm sure there's something about inconsiderate parking.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 14:26 - May 5 with 1211 viewsLibero

There's a berk near me who likes to park on a grass verge parallel his house, he's cut it up to ribbons so it's essentially just a mud track now.
Around two months ago I saw someone had stuck a note under his wiper with "this isn't your driveway" written on it.

Said car now parks on the road.
Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 14:29 - May 5 with 1199 viewsjeera

Take a photo and send it in to the relevant authorities.

I don't like tell-tales as a rule, but no kiddies should have to be forced out into a road because someone is too lazy to park their motor properly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 18:24 - May 5 with 1111 viewsBent_double

An old bloke died in Yarmouth a couple of weeks ago after he politely asked someone parked half on the pavement, with his door open, if he and his wife could get past. The bloke refused, so the old couple went into the road around the other side of the car, but he called the bloke in the car a d1ckhead, or something - the bloke must have heard as he got out of his car, came up behind the old bloke and punched him in the head, then kicked him a few times as he fell to the ground.

He got up and went off with his wife, but a minute or so later collapsed in the street with a massive heart attack (he did have underlying heart problems), probably brought on by the attack.

He was a lovely bloke, apparently, a friend of a friend. Didn't deserve that. All because some piece of scum couldn't see that he was in the wrong.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 19:14 - May 5 with 1076 viewsPinewoodblue

Parking enforcement is now carried out by Ipswich Borough Council and they sldo enforce parking restrictions in parks if Babergh and Mid Suffolk.

The big changer will be if a phone app, think it is called efine, goes live, the idea is you send them a video of illegal parking they store it and pass it into the enforcement agency, eg Ipswich Borough Council and you get a cut of any fixed penalty paid.

Hopefully parking in the pavement will soon be included as something a fixed penalty notice can be issued for. Will then report, daily if necessary, the scroats who think it is OK to park half in th4 pavement, both sides of the road, in the entrance to our close.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 21:09 - May 5 with 1012 viewswitchdoctor

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 19:14 - May 5 by Pinewoodblue

Parking enforcement is now carried out by Ipswich Borough Council and they sldo enforce parking restrictions in parks if Babergh and Mid Suffolk.

The big changer will be if a phone app, think it is called efine, goes live, the idea is you send them a video of illegal parking they store it and pass it into the enforcement agency, eg Ipswich Borough Council and you get a cut of any fixed penalty paid.

Hopefully parking in the pavement will soon be included as something a fixed penalty notice can be issued for. Will then report, daily if necessary, the scroats who think it is OK to park half in th4 pavement, both sides of the road, in the entrance to our close.

thing is...esp on terraced streets if cars are parked legally both sides of the road and not partly on the pavement, then large vehicles inc fire engines wouldn’t be able to get through...
Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 21:16 - May 5 with 1000 viewsSpruceMoose

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 21:09 - May 5 by witchdoctor

thing is...esp on terraced streets if cars are parked legally both sides of the road and not partly on the pavement, then large vehicles inc fire engines wouldn’t be able to get through...

I agree. Too many unnecessary cars on the road and not enough investment in public transport/cycling infrastructure.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 22:30 - May 5 with 952 viewsMattinLondon

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 21:09 - May 5 by witchdoctor

I understand that and in those circumstances than it’s a case of live and let live. But, and it’s a big but, the road I was along is a big main road in and out of town. Wide enough for cars to park fully on the road (either side) and still have space for a bus or fire engine to pass through.
Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 23:57 - May 5 with 908 viewsRyorry

Also affects blind & partially sighted people extremely badly - was a constant pproblem when I worked for the visual impairment team in LB Lambeth - and that was back in the late 1980s. Utterly depressing that the situation seems no better 30 years on.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 08:10 - May 6 with 830 viewsWeWereZombies

That's the case in the streets off Mill Road in Cambridge but last time I was down that way they still had the white lines half on road and half on pavement to indicate where you should park. If the Covid-19 pandemic results in fewer people with cars then maybe this will become less of a problem...but then again if that encourages people to continue living in congested areas it is one step forward and one step back.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 13:16 - May 6 with 758 viewsr2d2

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 19:14 - May 5 by Pinewoodblue

Imagine all the sados who will be traipsing around looking for cars to film and sending them in to get nicked. They will be jizzing in their pants with excitement.
Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 13:32 - May 6 with 747 viewsSpruceMoose

Car owners who park and cover most of the pavement... on 13:16 - May 6 by r2d2

Imagine all the sados who will be traipsing around looking for cars to film and sending them in to get nicked. They will be jizzing in their pants with excitement.

Imagine thinking this... Weird.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024