Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... 17:31 - May 5 with 1069 viewsBloots

….will reduce the overall total number of deaths.

The response was "no because those people are dead".

Our journalists are totally clueless, most of them should be shot.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:33 - May 5 with 1037 viewsitfcjoe

It’s a silly answer to a genuine question, I hope it wasn’t left at that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:36 - May 5 with 1019 viewsmonytowbray

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:33 - May 5 by itfcjoe

I imagine it was because I the briefinfg Q and As are rubbish.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:37 - May 5 with 1014 viewsBloots

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:33 - May 5 by itfcjoe

….to ask if the total number of deaths will drop?

Is he expecting people to be resurrected because of a phone app?

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:38 - May 5 with 1001 viewsitfcjoe

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:37 - May 5 by Bloots

….to ask if the total number of deaths will drop?

Is he expecting people to be resurrected because of a phone app?

It’s clear what he means

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:39 - May 5 with 992 viewsfactual_blue

A genuine, but poorly-worded, question. He meant to ask, I imagine, will it reduce the number of deaths going forward (or words to that effect).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:40 - May 5 with 975 viewsSeablu

He & Kuenssberg have been absolutely deplorable throughout this crisis.
Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:41 - May 5 with 974 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:38 - May 5 by itfcjoe

It’s clear what he means

Well I know what these means and I wasn't even watching.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:43 - May 5 with 960 viewsmonytowbray

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:40 - May 5 by Seablu

They were deplorable already.

When people say the Beeb is impartial show them this.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bbc-under-fire-political-correspondent-majority-boris-

When the tongue slips on air.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Agreed, he asked exactly the same question.... on 17:44 - May 5 with 956 viewsBloots

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:40 - May 5 by Seablu

….as the BBC science editor before him.

And then had to have the word "cumulative" explained to him.

No wonder the government waltz through these briefings everyday.

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:45 - May 5 with 940 viewsfactual_blue

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:41 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

Well I know what these means and I wasn't even watching.

Don't know who answered, but both politician and senior civil servants love to nail an ambiguity.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:51 - May 5 with 915 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:45 - May 5 by factual_blue

Don't know who answered, but both politician and senior civil servants love to nail an ambiguity.

I've just watched it back and it was pretty clear, eventually. Peston asked a bit of a muddled question on likely effectiveness of contact tracing, where he wasn't clear about which metric he was talking about. Cue Raab with some generic waffle around tracing and next phases, and then slightly patronising response from not-Raab. Peston clarifies asking whether contract tracing would flatten the line for cumulative deaths (although he still was muddled in his questioning). Answer from non-Raab - very much hope, e.g. it did in South Korea.

I'm not aware that we're operating in any way close to how they did in S. Korea, but there we are. Apparently they're going to be conducting a mass contact tracing. Otr the want to/think they will at least. Whetehr they do/can remains to be seen.

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 18:11 - May 5 with 853 viewsitfcjoe

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 17:51 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

I've just watched it back and it was pretty clear, eventually. Peston asked a bit of a muddled question on likely effectiveness of contact tracing, where he wasn't clear about which metric he was talking about. Cue Raab with some generic waffle around tracing and next phases, and then slightly patronising response from not-Raab. Peston clarifies asking whether contract tracing would flatten the line for cumulative deaths (although he still was muddled in his questioning). Answer from non-Raab - very much hope, e.g. it did in South Korea.

I'm not aware that we're operating in any way close to how they did in S. Korea, but there we are. Apparently they're going to be conducting a mass contact tracing. Otr the want to/think they will at least. Whetehr they do/can remains to be seen.

When asked about it at end of March Jenny Harries said wouldn’t be doing it as basically isn’t the effective way to go

To select committee today basically said that we weren’t doing that because we don’t have the testing capacity

It’s now Govt policy to do it

‘Led by the science’

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 18:13 - May 5 with 836 viewsSouthBucksBlue

That’s not even close to what was said and how it was said.
Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 18:14 - May 5 with 836 viewsBlueBadger

Peston just asked if tracking, testing and tracing.... on 17:43 - May 5 by monytowbray

They were deplorable already.

When people say the Beeb is impartial show them this.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bbc-under-fire-political-correspondent-majority-boris-

When the tongue slips on air.

I don't think they're biased, purely on the basis that berks on all sides of the divide think they're biased against them.
They are, however, not very good at their jobs, some of them.

Essentially it's like saying Paul Lambert is still working for Norwich. He's not, he's just a very bad football manager.

[Post edited 5 May 2020 18:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert out. (n/t) on 18:17 - May 5 with 819 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 18:22 - May 5 with 805 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are you saying that it's a genuine question.... on 18:11 - May 5 by itfcjoe

When asked about it at end of March Jenny Harries said wouldn’t be doing it as basically isn’t the effective way to go

To select committee today basically said that we weren’t doing that because we don’t have the testing capacity

It’s now Govt policy to do it

‘Led by the science’

That Jenny Harris statement at the end of March was a total 'wtf!' moment for most people who know anything about this and the public. From the little I've read about this I think she's back on safer scientific grounds suggesting test and trace is important.

I can believe we don't have the testing capacity. They fudged the stats to 'hit' their target but have been nowhere near since. I don't think the regions are coping any better either. There's no point them having a policy until they're able to enact it, is there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024