Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Newcastle United takeover 21:20 - May 5 with 1869 viewspointofblue

The moralistic side of me thinks that the overall Geordie celebration surrounding the takeover by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, considering the human rights abuses, is just another example of football's death. Someone who has been accused of ordering the execution of a journalist can be greeted with happiest and open arms because the football club is more important than this.

And yet if they had taken leave of their senses and offered a deal for Town to Marcus Evans would I be happy to accept the abuses for the chance of redemption and rebirth for the club? Morally definitely not but football wise...?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The Newcastle United takeover on 21:24 - May 5 with 1860 viewsSpruceMoose

This brewery doesn't seem to mind a few murders. Getting a bit of stick in the comments.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Newcastle United takeover on 21:28 - May 5 with 1847 viewspointofblue

The Newcastle United takeover on 21:24 - May 5 by SpruceMoose

This brewery doesn't seem to mind a few murders. Getting a bit of stick in the comments.

Seems about right. The issue is Mike Ashley selling the club is quite understandably cause for celebration - it's the people coming in who should be an issue.

The Newcastle United takeover on 23:55 - May 5 with 1686 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

The Newcastle United takeover on 21:24 - May 5 by SpruceMoose

Every since Wylam released a DIPA called Is there music in your dreams, which is possibly the finest beer I've ever treated, they can do what they like.
The Newcastle United takeover on 08:39 - May 6 with 1573 viewshampstead_blue

Footballs links to moral and ethical behaviour were severed a very long time ago.

I'd like to see how they get him oast the 'fit and proper' test.
State sponsored: murder - tick. Homophobia - tick. Corruption - tick. Filthy rich - ticktickticktick

Sign him up.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The Newcastle United takeover on 08:48 - May 6 with 1563 viewsWeWereZombies

It is down to the supporters and in this case it looks like Newcastle have let the side down. But how many Newcastle supporters are aware of the Khashoggi case?

https://www.aljazeera.com/topics/people/jamal-khashoggi.html

It does make my stance of not going to matches whilst we have Magical Vegas as a shirt sponsor look a bit limp, but I think all supporters need to examine the mission creep in the way clubs are owned and controlled, given that they become such powerful instruments of a collective passion.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Newcastle United takeover on 09:36 - May 6 with 1522 viewsRadlett_blue

The Newcastle United takeover on 08:48 - May 6 by WeWereZombies

It is down to the supporters and in this case it looks like Newcastle have let the side down. But how many Newcastle supporters are aware of the Khashoggi case?

It does make my stance of not going to matches whilst we have Magical Vegas as a shirt sponsor look a bit limp, but I think all supporters need to examine the mission creep in the way clubs are owned and controlled, given that they become such powerful instruments of a collective passion.

Having gaming sponsors or partners is something those great guardians of the game, the Football Association, should have banned years ago, especially given their stance on people within the game betting. However, they appear to have been blindsided by money.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Newcastle United takeover on 09:52 - May 6 with 1503 viewsbrazil1982

The Newcastle United takeover on 08:39 - May 6 by hampstead_blue

Footballs links to moral and ethical behaviour were severed a very long time ago.

State sponsored: murder - tick. Homophobia - tick. Corruption - tick. Filthy rich - ticktickticktick

Sign him up.

That's not fit for purpose. It's all whether the funds exist. Money, money.
The Newcastle United takeover on 12:49 - May 6 with 1426 viewsJ2BLUE

The Newcastle United takeover on 08:48 - May 6 by WeWereZombies

But how many Newcastle supporters are aware of the Khashoggi case?

Every single one of them. Any Newcastle fan will have heard about it. It must be mentoned in every article, story and news report.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

The Newcastle United takeover on 12:53 - May 6 with 1420 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Newcastle United takeover on 21:28 - May 5 by pointofblue

Seems about right. The issue is Mike Ashley selling the club is quite understandably cause for celebration - it's the people coming in who should be an issue.

Really good article linked on here a couple of weeks back (by Steve_M I think)

Crux of it basically being that Mike Ashley is seen as a villain for crimes of questionable business practices and treating the club as a billboard. Whereas the new owners are seen as saviours despite accusations which extend basically to murder

21st century football
[Post edited 7 May 2020 9:42]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Newcastle United takeover on 13:17 - May 6 with 1391 viewsSpruceMoose

The Newcastle United takeover on 08:39 - May 6 by hampstead_blue

Sign him up.

Come now, none of those three things prevented the Conservatives from forming a government!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Newcastle United takeover on 13:35 - May 6 with 1384 viewsWeWereZombies

The Newcastle United takeover on 12:49 - May 6 by J2BLUE

But how many Newcastle supporters are aware of the Khashoggi case?

Every single one of them. Any Newcastle fan will have heard about it. It must be mentoned in every article, story and news report.

Not this one at the top of Sky Sports News:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/11983933/newcastle-in-for-kalidou-

In fairness, I did go to The Sun first for a rejoinder to your argument but The Sun mentioned Khashoggi

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Newcastle United takeover on 13:39 - May 6 with 1372 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I wouldn't be at all happy if we were to be taken over by such a character.
The Newcastle United takeover on 13:42 - May 6 with 1370 viewsRadlett_blue

The Newcastle United takeover on 13:39 - May 6 by PrideOfTheEast

I wouldn't be at all happy if we were to be taken over by such a character.

That's part of the problem, isn't it? Many of us are unhappy with Evans, largely because he keeps appointing hopeless managers/isn't prepared to lose enough money each year. But for Town to have a decent shot at eventually getting to the Premier League, we'd need a very rich man. Most of those individuals come with a fair amount of baggage.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Newcastle United takeover on 15:55 - May 6 with 1319 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The Newcastle United takeover on 13:42 - May 6 by Radlett_blue

That's part of the problem, isn't it? Many of us are unhappy with Evans, largely because he keeps appointing hopeless managers/isn't prepared to lose enough money each year. But for Town to have a decent shot at eventually getting to the Premier League, we'd need a very rich man. Most of those individuals come with a fair amount of baggage.

Yep. I'm hoping (perhaps naively) that the game can reset at some point.
The Newcastle United takeover on 17:49 - May 6 with 1264 viewspointofblue

The Newcastle United takeover on 15:55 - May 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep. I'm hoping (perhaps naively) that the game can reset at some point.

This situation may cause a reset. If it doesn’t I dread to think how many clubs will be left when football finally restarts at this level.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024